Possible Summer Targets

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Interesting to see Jon Dadi Bodvarsson start the season with 3 goals in 3 starts.

He could easily kick on now, meaning this summer was the time to sign him.

He'd be a popular player here with his size, pace and work rate. He's the type I think we need most now, to help Clarke.

Interesting to see Jon Dadi Bodvarsson start the season with 3 goals in 3 starts.

He'd be a popular player here with his size, pace and work rate. He's the type I think we need most now, to help Clarke.

You mean to replace Clarke. We surely ain't dropping Bill any time soon.

You mean to replace Clarke. We surely ain't dropping Bill any time soon.

He'd share the workload with him. We surely need someone to do that.

As it is, Wilder seems to be planning on starting Leon in 40 odd games this season.

How goals can cover cracks, this guy was horrific v derby, make Montgomery look like he had a good 1st touch

QPR signing Nahki Wells on loan. I don't care about that one.

Anyone fancy Idrissa Sylla or Conor Washington? I'm sure one will be allowed to leave.

I wouldn't mind taking a punt on Sylla, he could do something in the right team.

Screenshot 2018-08-23 at 12.25.21.png

Good to see we're not just focusing on Hogan. Fingers crossed we'll sign one of the other 2.

It would be hreat to get the Abraham instead.

Why should we wait on Villa?

He’s far more chance of getting a game with us.

Chelsea have just let Kalas join Bristol so it’s not as if they are favouring the biggest clubs.

I hope we don’t get Hogan. His appearance record is up there with Shergar and Lord Lucan.

It would be hreat to get the Abraham instead.

Why should we wait on Villa?

He’s far more chance of getting a game with us.

Chelsea have just let Kalas join Bristol so it’s not as if they are favouring the biggest clubs.

I hope we don’t get Hogan. His appearance record is up there with Shergar and Lord Lucan.

Allegedly on over £50k so no doubt will end up at the club willing to pay the biggest chunk?

I see Hemed has gone to QPR. Would have been a decent acquisition for us.

Dare I suggest Gary Madine?

No, I can't do it.

But here's a bunch of target mannish types who might be gettable...

Sam Gallagher (why the hell won't Southampton loan him out?)
Matt Smith
Collin Quaner
Connor Wickham (Wilder obviously doesn't mind players who've had ACL injuries)
Idrissa Sylla (QPR got Wells now, I'm sure Sylla will be allowed to leave)
Apostolos Vellios
Kieffer Moore (if Barnsley fancy being even more spineless and pathetic)
Tom Eaves

Wonder if we're onto Plan Z yet?

I know you're only saying that tongue in cheek Ricky but Wilder said that Egan was his number 1 target, that Woodburn was his first pick to replace Brooks and people have said that Hogan has been the priority from the start.
I keep thinking we are working our way down our targets but maybe Wilder will get 3 out of 3 soon.

That tweet from Nixon throws me though now that Joao and Gregory are out of the picture.

How about a pop for Julien Ngoy while Stoke are stupid?

We could sell it to him - "oh you'll get chances to play son - we barely have any fucker else to choose from and in no time at all the ones we do have will be retiring anyway..."

In all seriousness this one could be well worth exploring on a loan to buy. He's tall and quick so could fill in as the 'big lad up top' and if signed permanently would be a good young asset to replace the one we gave away.

I was wondering how long it would take for Madine to be mentioned. Not sure he's a viable option though as he's featuring in Cardiff's squads so far this season.

As a player I think he'd add something different to the existing group of strikers, particularly a real aerial threat, but I'm afraid I can't get over just what a total c0ck he is and would be surprised/amazed if CW thought he was the type of character he wants in the squad even if Warnock was prepared to let him go.

I know you're only saying that tongue in cheek Ricky but Wilder said that Egan was his number 1 target, that Woodburn was his first pick to replace Brooks and people have said that Hogan has been the priority from the start.
I keep thinking we are working our way down our targets but maybe Wilder will get 3 out of 3 soon.

That tweet from Nixon throws me though now that Joao and Gregory are out of the picture.

I think Wilder said Egan was his no1 defender target

Who knows, but his no1 striker target may still be at large

I honk McGoldrick is going to be used as relief for Clarke.

think Mo Sala was possibly his number 1. Wankhorn was probably the most realistic. That said was his determination and failure to land him a bullet dodged given his poor start for Lampost?

I wouldn't judge him yet. He's spent most of pre-season benched so he'll be behind in terms of match fitness. He also doesn't strike me as a natural athlete so probably needs the games to be sharp.

Surely there is a striker out there that is better than what we have and that we can afford. This going to the wire talk worries the fucking life out of me.

Stop bed-wetting.

When the manager says it could go down to wire, it means it will go down to the wire.

I'll have you know that I posted that before I went to bed, thank you very much.

My point will remain though, if we get no one and are left relying on the current strikers and Lavery.

We were told we'd get someone in before the permanent signings deadline, and we didn't. We were then told to be patient, and rest assured we'd get someone in before the loans deadline. If that doesn't happen it'll be ridiculous - as my post said, the people are out there and they're on the move, there's no reason why we should end the window with what we've currently got.

Dare I suggest Gary Madine?

No, I can't do it.

But here's a bunch of target mannish types who might be gettable...

Sam Gallagher (why the hell won't Southampton loan him out?)
Matt Smith
Collin Quaner
Connor Wickham (Wilder obviously doesn't mind players who've had ACL injuries)
Idrissa Sylla (QPR got Wells now, I'm sure Sylla will be allowed to leave)
Apostolos Vellios
Kieffer Moore (if Barnsley fancy being even more spineless and pathetic)
Tom Eaves

Wonder if we're onto Plan Z yet?

I’d take Madine sad as it would be.

Tom Eaves is a complete donkey though.

I’d take Madine sad as it would be.

Tom Eaves is a complete donkey though.

But he's tall and can head it.

We'll be down to that soon.

Madine would've been one of Wilder's top targets if it wasn't for the baggage, I'm sure of it.

Back
Top Bottom