Points Required For Survival

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

As Brighton had a good win at the weekend, looking at their remaining fixtures, they do not have any from West Ham, Villa, Bournemouth and Watford to play. West Ham have to play Watford and Villa so I have done the calculations based on Watford and Villa wining their remaining games. So at the moment 51 points will make us safe.

1592764846275.png

We have mathematically avoided in getting the wooden spoon with 7 games to go. We were pre season favourites in finishing bottom!

We currently need only 5 more points to be mathematically safe!

Around New Year when Watford started putting some results together I genuinely thought it might take 40 or 42 points to stay up this season, but now the bottom 3 or 4 just seem incapable of winning games.

West ham ................. Chelsea, Watford, Man U, Villa
Watford ................... Chelsea, West ham, Man c, Arsenal
villa ........................... Liverpool, Man U, Arsenal, West ham
Bournemouth ... Man u, Spurs, Leicester,

Just some of the bottom five's fixtures, not a chance that they ALL will be winning every game. Two of those four will be joining Norwich in the Championship next season. I still say 36-38pts will be enough to survive.

West ham ................. Chelsea, Watford, Man U, Villa
Watford ................... Chelsea, West ham, Man c, Arsenal
villa ........................... Liverpool, Man U, Arsenal, West ham
Bournemouth ... Man u, Spurs, Leicester,

Just some of the bottom five's fixtures, not a chance that they ALL will be winning every game. Two of those four will be joining Norwich in the Championship next season. I still say 36-38pts will be enough to survive.
No one's seriously saying that me might be relegated, it's just a bit of mathematical fun

No one's seriously saying that me might be relegated, it's just a bit of mathematical fun

Correct. What we're really is saying is that whilst at the start of the season the points required for survival was between 1 and 64, it now stands as between 28 and 45 (excluding goal difference).

Everybody knows that the answer will be somewhere in the middle and the range will keep on narrowing, but that's the spread as of today.

Correct. What we're really is saying is that whilst at the start of the season the points required for survival was between 1 and 64, it now stands as between 28 and 45 (excluding goal difference).

Everybody knows that the answer will be somewhere in the middle and the range will keep on narrowing, but that's the spread as of today.
Given West ham have both villa a d Watford to play this must be very close now

NORWICH FANS
“to me they look like a championship team playing in the prem”
“I think Sheff had no problem picking up points against frankly rubbish bottom half Champo teams but raising their level against prem teams every week will be too much.”
“if you look at the summer signings Sheffield does have the look of a club building for a play-off spot next season.”
“Sheff U are going to be hard to beat but are a pretty horrible side – over the top challenges all the time, not overly great to watch. I’d much prefer our ‘style’ over theirs but good luck to them I suppose!”
“Still think Sheff U will struggle. This is as good as they can play I reckon & they struggled. They certainly wanted it more than CP but I feel their, er, robust style may cause them problems in the end.”
“Sheff Utd fans are completely delusional if they think their attacking play is as good as ours – there is no contest whatsoever! They’re pretty robust in defence, I’ll give them that, but that was a very poor Palace side so even that isn’t much of a compliment.
Both looked Championship to me. I’ve got no worries watching that, not exaggerating when I say that I think that’s quite possibly the worst game I’ve ever seen in the Premier League quality wise.”
“There is no Pukki, Buendia, Vrancic, Hernandez, Cantwell, Drmic etc at Sheff Utd as far as I can see, or am I missing something? Time will tell of course, but I’m confident that our focus on attack, and a quality one at that, rather than defence will prove to be more successful in our attempts to staying up this season – sure, we’ll take some beatings along the way, but I don’t think they have enough quality up top to surprise too many teams like we possibly can. “

I am never too eager to lord it over others as things have a habit of coming back to bite you, & I quite like Norwich. Well run honest club who are living within their means. If they keep their players they might be back up next year.

Back
Top Bottom