Please batter Wrexham

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

But wait!
Don't your club and fans enjoy Sean Beans association and support though?
It must be easy to be bored of a National League club when you're possibly getting promoted to the Premiership. Especially watching us boss your midfield? Regardless of what changes you made you still had a £20 M striker playing etc A clubs fans second in the Championship shouldn't be making excuses like 'ploughed field' etc against a National league side whose put 3 past them. Plenty of you have fairly given credit though.
Many feel we had our chance on Saturday. But we won't be going to the replay to take pictures of Sheffield. We've put seven goals past two Championship sides.

We will sell out the allocation you give us in half an hour. 6500 season ticket holders have first bite of the cherry
We've sold out all our home league games all season, away games in April etc so you can't accuse us of jumping on the bandwaggon for the replay
Fair play on your result at home on a terrible pitch.

I wouldn't call that 'Bossing our midfield' hoofing it to the wings and then arm hoofing it into the box as bossing the midfield. It's bypassing the midfield mate, but again, well done as it works for you. We also have a arm hoofer that practically allowed us to hammer Burnley this season so it is a useful weapon.

If you can beat us in the replay then fair play to you and genuinely the best of luck for the cup and the rest of the season regardless of the result. We won't be poor as we were last week (the team need have a point to prove) and I expect your tactics to be the same with maybe a little more football on a pratically perfect playing surface. Parkinson doesn't really do 'football'. It will work up to L1 but, you will need to get shut of him then if you are to progress any further.

You really do need to stick to the same tactics with arm hoofing because if you try to play us at our game then you'll come unstuck big time.

Again, best of luck for next Tuesday.

UTMB

Across the 2 main funders in Wrexham is a net worth of $150million, that's not cash in the bank either it's assets and such like. Yes it makes for a great story and a bit of good publicity but they have to be sustainable, I hope for footballing sake when any owner decides to give it up that the club isn't asset stripped or handed over to some form of complex share holder deal.

Wrexham fans and their Hollywood owners are a cocky bunch aren't they? Going to storm up through the leagues to the Premier League apparently.

Maybe they should have a chat with the Salford City fans (what's left of them) and they might realise that a bunch of ex league journeymen and one of the worst league managers in history only works in non-league football. Just like Neville and Co found out it's not so simple when the real money needs to be found.

Wrexham fans and their Hollywood owners are a cocky bunch aren't they? Going to storm up through the leagues to the Premier League apparently.

Maybe they should have a chat with the Salford City fans (what's left of them) and they might realise that a bunch of ex league journeymen and one of the worst league managers in history only works in non-league football. Just like Neville and Co found out it's not so simple when the real money needs to be found.

I don't think Lim is pumping much cash towards Salford. I'd imagine trying to run Valencia is hard enough.

I don't get how some on here can complaining about another clubs backing while crying out for someone like that to come in and do the same for us ?
Good luck to em I say, 👍

Meanwhile desperately hoping some of their luck rubs off on us.......;)

The sad thing is Wrexham probably have more available cash than us currently :confused:
Just because I live in Harrogate I know a little about them although don't watch them. Irving Weaver who is the Chairman of Harrogate Town and not ironically the Dad of Simon Weaver had an estimated net worth of £145million in 2016 with him owning Strata homes, since then they have had numerous building projects so imagine his company is worth considerably more. Although Harrogate did a double jump into league 2 fairly quickly, it wasn't that long ago since they were playing Wrexham in the league. Things have stalled due to the big gap. League 2 still has some good sides in there and quite a few that have been in the Championship or higher. To sum up the point its how much are they willing to plough in

I like what Ryan and Rob are doing. You can’t not like them and their interaction with the supporters is amazing! As a club Wrexham have had some real lows of late so don’t begrudge them a bit of good fortune.
That being said… I hope we smash them at BDTBL.
When I watched the "welcome to Wrexham" documentary they do have some things in common with us and that is "almost" having success.

SPOILER ALERT

They were 2nd in the league last season but big underdogs to finish top. In their final home game they then beat league leaders Stockport 3-0 to raise everyones hopes.
In their last match they needed to beat Dagenham and had to hope that Stockport lost.
No happy ending as Stockport did win and a downhearted Wrexham lost 3-0 to Dagenham.

So into the play-offs at home to Grimsby. A brilliant match that they lost 5-4.

Also last season they reached the non league cup final at Wembley.
Most of the fans in the stadium were Wrexham fans but they were losing 1-0, didn't even celebrate a goal.
Then deep into injury time the miracle happened when Wrexham scored an equaliser.
The owners with their entourage all went mad celebrating the goal BUT the linesman had their flag up and it was disallowed for offside.
They ended up losing the final 1-0.

This season they have won almost every match but by some sort of bad luck, there's also another team (Notts County) that have also won nearly every match.
Only ONE team can win auto promotion, it will be a real sickener for the club that finishes 2nd and ends up in the play-offs again.

I would think this season is also being filmed, so a 2nd series of the highly successful documentary is released next year.
You can just imagine Wrexham finishing 2nd, having to go through the play-offs again, playing in the final and having plenty of bad luck losing 3-2.

When fans (like at Sheff Utd) have experiences of glorious defeat and almost this and almost that....then a negative outlook can cloud a club.

Note: For any Wrexham fans who don't know, Sheff Utd have been in 8 play-offs and lost the lot. We've been in 4 play-off finals, lost the lot, not even scoring a single goal. We've failed to win our last 7 FA cup semi finals and lost both our 2 league cup semi-finals.

The tie is still very much in the balance and from what I saw on Sunday, I believe it’s highly unlikely that United will batter Wrexham in the replay.

Getting such an early goal should have been the cue for United - as a Championship team - to manage the game to a relatively comfortable victory. And for 25 minutes or so, Wrexham did look quite limited albeit the injury disruption possibly contributed to that.

Gradually, though, Wrexham began to impose their greater physicality and intensity and United started to wilt all over the pitch. And this wasn’t something new for us - we’ve seen it time and time again with United this season.

We can go from looking a cut above the opposition, cutting through at will, to suddenly playing in our own half - clearing it aimlessly and waiting for it to come back. It’s most marked when McBurnie is not on the pitch to hold the ball.

It happened against Blackpool (home and away), Stoke (home and away) Hull (home) and Rotherham as well as a few others. This United team struggles against sides that are physically stronger and have greater energy to chase us down. Hardly any sides have turned the tide against us by out-footballing us - Swansea being perhaps the only one.

So, I foresee a very difficult night in the replay (and before that, also at Rotherham on Saturday). There will be next to no home vocal support because we all know how it has become in the past 15 years when we have a cup tie against sides from a lower division, and the atmosphere in a half-empty stadium will be awful. Even more so if, as we anticipate, the club doesn’t open the Kop. Having an empty stand behind the net creates a negative feeling straight away.

And, of course, Wrexham’s players are likely to be even more fired up this time with the prize of Spurs in the 5th round on offer.

The media may very well get their shock result, yet.

Parkinson doesn't really do 'football'. It will work up to L1 but, you will need to get shut of him then if you are to progress any further.

The owners will probably know about Parkinson's agricultural style of play.
However he'll have been employed due to his experience and excellent track record.

It's quite similar to a club employing Neil Warnock, it's never going to be pretty but it's virtually guaranteed to be effective.
Wrexham just want promotion at any cost. If they reach league 1 under Parkinson, then he's done his job and they'll then evolve by changing manager.

For any Wrexham fans viewing:
Blades know quite a lot about Parkinson as we regularly came up against him when he managed Bradford and Bolton in league 1. They were tough matches because both his teams were very physical playing % long ball football and Parkinson was always gobby trying to intimidate refs on the touchline.
However as already said, Parkinson is very good at getting results, so it should be a good appointment bringing you success.

Last edited:
The tie is still very much in the balance and from what I saw on Sunday, I believe it’s highly unlikely that United will batter Wrexham in the replay.

Getting such an early goal should have been the cue for United - as a Championship team - to manage the game to a relatively comfortable victory. And for 25 minutes or so, Wrexham did look quite limited albeit the injury disruption possibly contributed to that.

Gradually, though, Wrexham began to impose their greater physicality and intensity and United started to wilt all over the pitch. And this wasn’t something new for us - we’ve seen it time and time again with United this season.

We can go from looking a cut above the opposition, cutting through at will, to suddenly playing in our own half - clearing it aimlessly and waiting for it to come back. It’s most marked when McBurnie is not on the pitch to hold the ball.

It happened against Blackpool (home and away), Stoke (home and away) Hull (home) and Rotherham as well as a few others. This United team struggles against sides that are physically stronger and have greater energy to chase us down. Hardly any sides have turned the tide against us by out-footballing us - Swansea being perhaps the only one.

So, I foresee a very difficult night in the replay (and before that, also at Rotherham on Saturday). There will be next to no home vocal support because we all know how it has become in the past 15 years when we have a cup tie against sides from a lower division, and the atmosphere in a half-empty stadium will be awful. Even more so if, as we anticipate, the club doesn’t open the Kop. Having an empty stand behind the net creates a negative feeling straight away.

And, of course, Wrexham’s players are likely to be even more fired up this time with the prize of Spurs in the 5th round on offer.

All those sides you mentioned are in the Championship. This is National League at home and we should have a strong team out. 3-1 my prediction, early pressure from Wrexham but should be a reasonably comfortable night.

I agree with all this but turn up and play properly, like 2nd in the Championship should be able to against any conference side, and we should be capable.

We will make hard work of it though and I will be putting money on Wrexham progressing to the 5th round.

Fair play to Wrexham , obvs the media hype is gonna be behind them & BBC up their arse. They’ve indured along time in the NL like a few other for league clubs down there , do I think they’ll be storming through the divisions.. No .. As Fleetwood , Crawley & Salford are finding you need a lot of cash & infrastructure to do that .
Parkinson’s just reincarnated his old Bolton side with a big Igor up top & all about set pieces / throw ins etc . If that’s what needed to get them out of the NL you do it , will that get you far after that no .

All those sides you mentioned are in the Championship. This is National League at home and we should have a strong team out. 3-1 my prediction, early pressure from Wrexham but should be a reasonably comfortable night.

I agree - it should be a reasonably comfortable night…but high energy and physical sides are our kryptonite. We don’t rise above it and let our ball players dominate the game, in the same way that we do when sides try to take us on at football.

1 defeat in 15 and that was against arguably the most limited side in the division - Rotherham - where we somehow got dragged down into a stop-start match where hardly any football was played.

Saturday will tell us whether we have learnt anything about dealing with these sort of teams.

Mate I think you need to chill out. Jealousy's a bad thing. We're not the only lowly team to have had rich backers and we're still non-league remember. Can't take promotion for granted the way Notts County are playing. Yesterday was a cracking game and let's look forward to the replay. As for the Wrexham AFC twitter post about playing Spurs, if you'd drawn with Dorking Wanderers or Maidenhead United yesterday and they posted that I'm sure you'd have seen it for what it is... A bit of a laugh. Anyway, you'll most probably batter us next week. We've had our chance and got no defenders left. How much do you want for John Egan? Joke.

28A1E79E-F093-49FF-80C5-41EB28AF11CB.jpeg

Hope our fans don't act twats on other football forums nowt more cringe 😬
I don’t get this “friendly banter” shit. I do not, under any circumstances, want to see us beaten by a non league side in front of a global audience. Fuck that. For that reason, I consider Wrexham and their supporters to be “the enemy” until we’ve played them. I wouldn’t, for one minute, consider going on their board and engaging with their fans, I’ve no interest in them whatsoever.
First game I ever attended was us v Wrexham, at the Lane. We won 2-0. They were a league club and they should probably still be. Good luck to them in achieving it. But as far as our game goes, they can bollocks. (In fact, they can just bollocks, if they’d beat us in 82 I’d probably have not gone back and saved myself forty years of mainly grief).

You need to get your facts right. We've spent no less than Chesterfield, Notts County and Stockport last season.
Yes, we have lucrative sponsorship deals, but we also have a capped 6500 season ticket holders, and get close to 10,000 every home game.
We've made close on £600K on our cup exploits so far this season
This season we've sold 25,000 home tops
I went to the Notts County v Wrexham match early January 2022, and your fans were singing “ we’re f*ucking rich …” etc as they walked past Notts fans outside the ground. Banter and bullshit I know, and just football fans being football fans, but in the context of how you‘ve been recently it seems that you’re starting to believe the hype.

Ryan Reynolds did come across as sound in his interview with Linekar and co. Linekar, Hughes and especially Shearer looked well giddy tho. Would have thought they meet loads of celebs.

Was a disappointing performance but got a result - seems to be the story of the past few weeks. Next game can’t see Hecky playing Davies or Bash as left CB and hopefully go through at a canter and get two decent pay days.

I wouldn’t have minded too much if we lost, sucker for the underdog shite, especially in the FA cup and much rather we were 100% focused on the league. But the Ryan Reynolds shit makes us want to be the villains in this story.

We've been given

BL1 – Lower Tier – (Left Corner)
BL2 – Lower Tier – (Behind Goal)
BL3 – Lower Tier – (Behind Goal)
BL4 – Lower Tier – (Right Corner)
BU1 – Upper Tier – (Left Corner)
BU2 – Upper Tier – (Central)
BU3 – Upper Tier – (Central)

How many is that about? 4800 or more?

Back
Top Bottom