Please batter Wrexham

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

My word these twats are cocky for a team that’s been playing non league for 15 years.Already talking like they are playing spurs.Into them blades.

The cockyness is a manifestation in other clubs fans minds though? There's undoubted jealousy as well.
I can't see anyone on our forum etc taking it we're playing Spurs?
People might not like the coverage Ryan Reynolds got on MOTD but at the end of the day it is a fairytrale story at Wrexham. A film star taking over! The club being run down by property developers who wanted the land . Asset stripped Administaration. Points deducted. Relegations etc

I can't see anyone 'cocky' on our boards

Yes I get its a nice story but this fairytale bollocks can get in the bin. Theyre being bankrolled to the point where other teams just cant compete at the level they are at exactly the same as was done with Salford.

People said the same about Bournemouth when they got in the Prem, completely missing the fact that they had one of the richest owners in the league.

Stories like Wimbledon coming back from the dead is a fairytale….fucking even our rise from League one to the prem had less relative funding than Wrexham.

The cockyness is a manifestation in other clubs fans minds though? There's undoubted jealousy as well.
People might not like the coverage Ryan Reynolds got on MOTD but at the end of the day it is a fairytrale story at Wrexham. A film star taking over! The club being run down by property developers who wanted the land . Asset stripped Administaration. Points deducted. Relegations etc

Mate I like Wrexham and live 11 miles away and even attended some of your games this season when blades aren’t playing.But the reaction of your clubs posts on social media and fans telling spurs fans that you will be twice the harder game stinks of absolute arrogance.

Yes I get its a nice story but this fairytale bollocks can get in the bin. Theyre being bankrolled to the point where other teams just cant compete at the level they are at exactly the same as was done with Salford.

People said the same about Bournemouth when they got in the Prem, completely missing the fact that they had one of the richest owners in the league.

Stories like Wimbledon coming back from the dead is a fairytale….fucking even our rise from League one to the prem had less relative funding than Wrexham.

You need to get your facts right. We've spent no less than Chesterfield, Notts County and Stockport last season.
Yes, we have lucrative sponsorship deals, but we also have a capped 6500 season ticket holders, and get close to 10,000 every home game.
We've made close on £600K on our cup exploits so far this season
This season we've sold 25,000 home tops

You need to get your facts right. We've spent no less than Chesterfield, Notts County and Stockport last season.
Yes, we have lucrative sponsorship deals, but we also have a capped 6500 season ticket holders, and get close to 10,000 every home game.
We've made close on £600K on our cup exploits so far this season
This season we've sold 25,000 home tops
None of which would be happening if it wasnt for your owners. As I said….it’s not really a fairytale, just an interesting story.

You have about 5x the budget of any other National League side. It’s hardly the fairytale it’s being made out to be. If Deadpool was a millionaire estate tycoon, precisely 0% would give a shit. You’re a novelty, much like reading the ramblings on the inside cubicle door of a public bog when I’m mid-shit with no reading material

Can't blame any Wrexham fans getting excited or loving the moment - not all fans are as dour or victim complexed as us bitter lot 😁

Obvs hope we smash em into oblivion and proper embarrass the fckers, but they won't be a walkover, and will be backed. Looking fwd to it and love the cup.

You can look at our home gates before the takeover as well
This is a period when we went through 7 managers in quick succession

https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/wrexham/attendances/2018-2019
Fairytale? Let’s be right, there’s precious little “magic” in football, it’s all about the money. But I’m glad to see Wrexham on the rise again (except in the FA Cup this year, of course). You have a great following for a non league club and I hope you will be a league club soon enough.

I quite like Rob McElhenney, and don't mind Ryan Reynolds either. It's nice that they are enthusiastic, and I don't doubt that they have genuinely good intentions. The problem is that they have a limit to their wealth, and eventually the ascent will run out of steam. Unfortunately, football fans are entitled, fickle bastards, and the well of goodwill will quickly run dry when the momentum stalls, which will come as a horrible shock to the owners. It'll be interesting to see what happens at that stage.

Not anti or pro Wrexham. They are a club on a high right now of course they are getting carried away slightly. Remember when we were debating if getting into Europe would be a good thing?!

The way they dealt with our corners we just need to play Mcburnie and Robinson and win from our long throws instead 😉

The pitch will suit us, as opposed to the soaking mudpile on Sunday
I think it was kind to refer to it as a rugby pitch to be honest. Combined with awful, agricultural methods of playing the game..... but we've seen this before with Parkinson teams. We'll be way better on a better pitch.

I quite like Rob McElhenney, and don't mind Ryan Reynolds either. It's nice that they are enthusiastic, and I don't doubt that they have genuinely good intentions. The problem is that they have a limit to their wealth, and eventually the ascent will run out of steam. Unfortunately, football fans are entitled, fickle bastards, and the well of goodwill will quickly run dry when the momentum stalls, which will come as a horrible shock to the owners. It'll be interesting to see what happens at that stage.

I would argue Salford City are reaching their ceiling now.

Personally hope Wrexham go up
Think they would do well to join the millennium and start playing some actual football and not parkys prehistoric hoofball though

Their crowd noise was remarkable but long throws and sympathetic officials aren't enough to survive in the football league these days

Pro teams are well coached ,organised and play passing football and can deal with hoof quite easily

But best of luck in getting up there

Mate I like Wrexham and live 11 miles away and even attended some of your games this season when blades aren’t playing.But the reaction of your clubs posts on social media and fans telling spurs fans that you will be twice the harder game stinks of absolute arrogance.
Mate I think you need to chill out. Jealousy's a bad thing. We're not the only lowly team to have had rich backers and we're still non-league remember. Can't take promotion for granted the way Notts County are playing. Yesterday was a cracking game and let's look forward to the replay. As for the Wrexham AFC twitter post about playing Spurs, if you'd drawn with Dorking Wanderers or Maidenhead United yesterday and they posted that I'm sure you'd have seen it for what it is... A bit of a laugh. Anyway, you'll most probably batter us next week. We've had our chance and got no defenders left. How much do you want for John Egan? Joke.

It's alright us talking about owners will.run out of steam etc when we have someone in charge who has less In his bank account than me and has certainly 'run out of steam" if reports are to be believed. Fair fucks to Wrexham for what he's done.

Back
Top Bottom