Please batter Wrexham

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Personally hope Wrexham go up
Think they would do well to join the millennium and start playing some actual football and not parkys prehistoric hoofball though

Their crowd noise was remarkable but long throws and sympathetic officials aren't enough to survive in the football league these days

Pro teams are well coached ,organised and play passing football and can deal with hoof quite easily

But best of luck in getting up there
What the hell happened to us then.

This coming together with Wrexham is quite the sideshow to our season and with the international appeal it brings I'm quite happy it's going to a replay and getting Dem Blades more time in the spotlight. As for who progresses I don't mind... seeing as we're in financial and takeover limbo all I care about this season is promotion. I certainly wont be begrudging Wrexham their tie with Spurs if that's what transpires.

Also we should make a chant about Wrexham fans being a bunch Jabronis for the replay.

Nowt against Wrexham ,
They go up good luck to em
But they’re playing football ? The only way their limited resources allow , or that wank manager only knows how to play , we have to deal with it , hopefully with a keeper who commands his area , and let’s his defence know who to pick up
There at best lower ( present squad ) league 1 level ,
They’re excited about all the publicity and rightly so , apart from the owner , what else do people say about em ?
Just hope when Ryan turns up at the Lane
He brings that fucking ride of a missus to see us
Wallop em

It’s a great story and I can see the romance of it. I don’t agree with the BBC’s sycophantic approach yesterday but fair play to Wrexham for the performance, they deserved to win.

My problem is with our players seemingly believing the hype and treating them as equals, we should be showing them what 70 league places looks like and battering them. Not letting them look like the statistically dominant force in the game and shitting the bed every time they take a throw in.

If we approach the game correctly we’ll win, if we do what we did yesterday we will be embarrassed.

That's why I love the cup. A Blood and thunder display from them, an in-ya-grill atmosphere, a fruitcake of a sending off and all is levelled up and we're taking a right kicking. Even side stepping the footballing quality on show, yesterday's tie was more exciting than the vast majority of league outings. We threw pelters at the boys yesterday, but a day later and I give full credit for keeping going to the death. Tough occasion, especially knowing every single neutral fan and his/her/they/it's dog was willing them on.

The cockyness is a manifestation in other clubs fans minds though? There's undoubted jealousy as well.
I can't see anyone on our forum etc taking it we're playing Spurs?
People might not like the coverage Ryan Reynolds got on MOTD but at the end of the day it is a fairytrale story at Wrexham. A film star taking over! The club being run down by property developers who wanted the land . Asset stripped Administaration. Points deducted. Relegations etc

I can't see anyone 'cocky' on our boards
I don’t give a toss who is or isn’t behind it. Your club is taking the piss. Showing a little humility and class towards us might just elicit a greater degree of support from neutrals. As it stands, I suspect most people will think you’re just a rather sad bunch of deluded gobshites. I’m not arrogant enough to assume the outcome of the game but I really, really hope you get an utter spanking at BDTBL.

You have about 5x the budget of any other National League side. It’s hardly the fairytale it’s being made out to be. If Deadpool was a millionaire estate tycoon, precisely 0% would give a shit. You’re a novelty, much like reading the ramblings on the inside cubicle door of a public bog when I’m mid-shit with no reading material
This. I remember when Exeter City had Michael Jackson and Yuri pissing Geller parading around the pitch. Predictions of greatness from the spoon bending twat etc. Well that all ended well didn’t it, absolutely zero progression. I’d be inclined to keep quiet and celebrate the progress when it happens- one middling cup run a revolution does not make.

Not sure why all the hatred on here, it was a great game yesterday, and Wrexham gave it a right good go.

I think the Wrexham story is a good one. We were pantomime villains yesterday but ho hum.

I'm looking forward to the replay, we should prevail but Wrexham showed yesterday they are no mugs.

I’d say bored of you not jealous. A “ film star”, oooooooohh
But wait!
Don't your club and fans enjoy Sean Beans association and support though?
It must be easy to be bored of a National League club when you're possibly getting promoted to the Premiership. Especially watching us boss your midfield? Regardless of what changes you made you still had a £20 M striker playing etc A clubs fans second in the Championship shouldn't be making excuses like 'ploughed field' etc against a National league side whose put 3 past them. Plenty of you have fairly given credit though.
Many feel we had our chance on Saturday. But we won't be going to the replay to take pictures of Sheffield. We've put seven goals past two Championship sides.

We will sell out the allocation you give us in half an hour. 6500 season ticket holders have first bite of the cherry
We've sold out all our home league games all season, away games in April etc so you can't accuse us of jumping on the bandwaggon for the replay

Not sure why all the hatred on here, it was a great game yesterday, and Wrexham gave it a right good go.

I think the Wrexham story is a good one. We were pantomime villains yesterday but ho hum.

I'm looking forward to the replay, we should prevail but Wrexham showed yesterday they are no mugs.
Well said. It was a good old fashioned cup tie on TV for a change

You haven't seen Lineker or Shearer etc so animated after a game for a long time. Iceland in the Euros maybe 🤔

There's no pressure on us going to Bramall Lane

Personally hope Wrexham go up
Think they would do well to join the millennium and start playing some actual football and not parkys prehistoric hoofball though

Their crowd noise was remarkable but long throws and sympathetic officials aren't enough to survive in the football league these days

Pro teams are well coached ,organised and play passing football and can deal with hoof quite easily

But best of luck in getting up there
Erm ... did you actually watch the second half of yesterday's game? We had more possession than you and we played decent football. Our third goal, for example, had nothing to do with hoof ball or long throws at all. And if you're a pro team and "Pro teams are well coached ,organised and play passing football and can deal with hoof quite easily", why would you be bothered about it anyway?

Sympathetic officials? Your guy getting sent off mystified us as much as you, but so did the ref by not giving us the second-half penalty. When i saw it "live" I thought it was a tight call because your player was so close when the ball was kicked. Having watched the replay I can see that he's a fair distance away with time to move his arm out of the way but he doesn't, so it's a penalty although probably not a red card.

I think that you'll win the replay and I hope that you go on to beat Spurs.

I couldn’t give a fuck about wrexham or the FA cup if I am honest more bothered about the transfer window and the league

I quite like Rob McElhenney, and don't mind Ryan Reynolds either. It's nice that they are enthusiastic, and I don't doubt that they have genuinely good intentions. The problem is that they have a limit to their wealth,

To be fair Reynolds is quite an astute businessman.

He owns 25% of mint mobile which brings in over 100 million dollars in revenue each year, as well as his own production company and recently sold his ownership in a gin company for 600 million dollars.

It's quite ironic, because on their main forum they are all calling us cocky wankers and how our attitudes towards them have changed since spurs got drawn out the next round.

Genuinely think what the owners have done for Wrexham is great but I also see the arguments for them 'buying the league', but the fact there's only two promotion spots going into the football league is ridiculous.

Weridly though, I can not stand Salford for much off the same reasons, maybe the Disney Documentary has done its job and made me think of Wrexham in a positive only light.

I think a lot of, dare I say, older fans need to take a step back. The social media team of both clubs are only bothered about the amount of shares/retweets/reaction they get, that's what they get paid to do, it's going to cause a reaction either way

You're a beaut. You're about nine wins away from getting into the Premier League and you're obsessed by a non league team. It's a bad look for a fan of a team of your size, history and calibre. One of the giants of English football for over 100 years and you're spouting off about Wrexham. See you next week at the Lane for the replay if you can be arsed making the five hour round trip like we are. I'm sure you'll be there.
Erm, mate, I think you've read this all wrong.

If I wasn't a Blade I too would have been cheering on the underdog on Sunday. I think Wrexham put on a fantastic performance and more than earned the replay at the Lane.
Total respect for all their fans who have posted on here. The comments have been rational and very fair.
Wrexham fans, I totally understand the joy and pride you must feel for your team. You've come a long way in a short time and are currently on a magnificent cup run. I wish you continued success for this season and the future. The exception of course being the replay against the mighty Blades.

Erm ... did you actually watch the second half of yesterday's game? We had more possession than you and we played decent football. Our third goal, for example, had nothing to do with hoof ball or long throws at all. And if you're a pro team and "Pro teams are well coached ,organised and play passing football and can deal with hoof quite easily", why would you be bothered about it anyway?

Sympathetic officials? Your guy getting sent off mystified us as much as you, but so did the ref by not giving us the second-half penalty. When i saw it "live" I thought it was a tight call because your player was so close when the ball was kicked. Having watched the replay I can see that he's a fair distance away with time to move his arm out of the way but he doesn't, so it's a penalty although probably not a red card.

I think that you'll win the replay and I hope that you go on to beat Spurs.
Don't get me wrong I like Wrexham and hope you do well
But seriously mate if you're happy watching that then fair enough but parkinsonism was an outdated dinosaur of a manager a decade ago when we were up against his Bolton side in LG one

Hoofs and long throws might work in the national league but a bit of passing football is needed in the league

Don't get me wrong I like Wrexham and hope you do well
But seriously mate if you're happy watching that then fair enough but parkinsonism was an outdated dinosaur of a manager a decade ago when we were up against his Bolton side in LG one

Hoofs and long throws might work in the national league but a bit of passing football is needed in the league
I thought they played some decent stuff at times. Mind you, that was mainly because we were so bad and allowed them to.

But wait!
It must be easy to be bored of a National League club when you're possibly getting promoted to the Premiership. Especially watching us boss your midfield? Regardless of what changes you made you still had a £20 M striker playing etc A clubs fans second in the Championship shouldn't be making excuses like 'ploughed field' etc against a National league side whose put 3 past them. Plenty of you have fairly given credit though.
Many feel we had our chance on Saturday. But we won't be going to the replay to take pictures of Sheffield. We've put seven goals past two Championship sides.

We will sell out the allocation you give us in half an hour. 6500 season ticket holders have first bite of the cherry
We've sold out all our home league games all season, away games in April etc so you can't accuse us of jumping on the bandwaggon for the replay
Zzzzz

Was a great FA Cup tie. The atmosphere was fantastic! As an opposing fan if you don’t expect the home crowd to shout for everything then you’ve got no idea (although I did like the bit of karma for the guy who chucked the ball away) I like what Ryan and Rob are doing. You can’t not like them and their interaction with the supporters is amazing! As a club Wrexham have had some real lows of late so don’t begrudge them a bit of good fortune.
That being said… I hope we smash them at BDTBL.

There's definitely potential there, but the higher you go, the deeper pockets your board needs.

As has already been said, Salford are a similar story, and before them Fleetwood had a dabble.
I think Ryan Reynolds gets you to League One.

Then if you start eyeing up the Championship and the manager is knocking saying this lad, really takes us to the next level 15m all in though.

He’s going to be thinking “Can I make enough movies here to cover this?”

By that stage, Rob is already backing away. No way he’s got anywhere near enough financial clout.

Not their fault. It’s just how mad it’s all got. Chelsea, maybe it’s just me not paying attention, but this Enzo what’s his face. Never heard of him until he got linked to them. He’s not even coming from a decent league.

Last edited:
But wait!

Do you know how much you are beginning to sound like our truffle snuffling neighbours??

Trust me.... That's not a good look.

🤣

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230131-093620_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20230131-093620_Instagram.jpg
    834.3 KB · Views: 15

Back
Top Bottom