Can we have some perspective

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

wadblade

Reaction score
Can we have some perspective here. Just watched Arsenal v Liverpool none of the goals under Wilder have been as shambolic as 3 of the goals in that game

The last 10 goals we have conceded have all been top corner worldies, I doubt ANY goalie would have saved any two of them

The team are playing to the best of their abilities and were still trying up to the 90th minute

While ever they are trying they are Blades and they have my support. If you cann’t support and encourage them then P**s of to Hillsboro

P.S. am I alone in thinking the best result this weekend was at Huddersfield hopefully this will mean no Pork will be polluting the Lane next season

UTB

Can we have some perspective here. Just watched Arsenal v Liverpool none of the goals under Wilder have been as shambolic as 3 of the goals in that game

The last 10 goals we have conceded have all been top corner worldies, I doubt ANY goalie would have saved any two of them

The team are playing to the best of their abilities and were still trying up to the 90th minute

While ever they are trying they are Blades and they have my support. If you cann’t support and encourage them then P**s of to Hillsboro

P.S. am I alone in thinking the best result this weekend was at Huddersfield hopefully this will mean no Pork will be polluting the Lane next season

UTB

Ur right mate, conceding 13 goals in 3 games including 5 in back to back home games is just down to bad luck.... every goal being a 'worldie'

FFS mate, I would love to have some of what you are smoking.

Thank fuck you are not our manager otherwise we would never strive to improve.. it would just be "Well, we tried our best!!" 🤣

Even Wilder admitted that him and the players and management were poor and got it wrong.

I love your optimism but I think you need a BIGGGGGG dose of realism and to stop living in fantasy land.

UTB
I remember the top corner worldie that mcginn scored from 2 yards.
But your right we have let in a lot of good strikes from outside the box recently. Maybe we could try and block them?

I think there's a good argument that we are a little unlucky in terms of goals conceded/ chances lately.

I can't get on board with us not being able to perform a lot better than yesterday though. Was amateur hour.

They’re trying in the same way I’d try if I got in the ring with Tyson Fury.

With similar results…..

Yes it was bad yesterday and has been for most of season

But 65 plus clubs would swap places with us right now

And it’s going to get worse, a chairman who doesn’t want to be here etc

Just wait until the days return when we end up with another Blackwell type with a team full of triers and run through brick wall types who can head a ball etc etc whilst we languish in lower champ or even league 1 again

Anyway enough of the positives lol

Sorry I don’t agree. 65 clubs would not swap places with us right now. Make no mistake - for those of us living outside of Sheffield…we are most definitely a laughing stock!

We can blame Wilder (20/21 season) & Hecky for some of this - but 100% this is all about Prince Abdullah. He cannot fund either a Premier League club or a Championship club without parachute payments. He has been on a massive ego trip that is likely to get ugly over the next 2 seasons.

So, no I am still not in a mood for any ‘perspective’. Of course once Blade / always a Blade …. but this is a really dark period for us all.

Roll on next season, when at least we will be able to compete - even if only mid table.

Ur right mate, conceding 13 goals in 3 games including 5 in back to back home games is just down to bad luck.... every goal being a 'worldie'

FFS mate, I would love to have some of what you are smoking.

Thank fuck you are not our manager otherwise we would never strive to improve.. it would just be "Well, we tried our best!!" 🤣

Even Wilder admitted that him and the players and management were poor and got it wrong.

I love your optimism but I think you need a BIGGGGGG dose of realism and to stop living in fantasy land.
not realism, Loyality

UTB
Liverpool are top of the league and don't lose many, or conceed bucket fulls like we do.

Is that enough persecective for you

Sorry I don’t agree. 65 clubs would not swap places with us right now. Make no mistake - for those of us living outside of Sheffield…we are most definitely a laughing stock!

We can blame Wilder (20/21 season) & Hecky for some of this - but 100% this is all about Prince Abdullah. He cannot fund either a Premier League club or a Championship club without parachute payments. He has been on a massive ego trip that is likely to get ugly over the next 2 seasons.

So, no I am still not in a mood for any ‘perspective’. Of course once Blade / always a Blade …. but this is a really dark period for us all.

Roll on next season, when at least we will be able to compete - even if only mid table.
I live outside of Sheffield - near Reading. Believe me, the Reading fans are not laughing at us.

Things are grim for us at the moment, but they’d swap places in a heartbeat. For those of you wanting the first new owner that we can get (and there are plenty of you), be careful what you wish for.

UTB
Seriously - all you have to say is that “its ok Wendy lost” FFS

Thank Christ we don’t have that shite Liverpool back 4. Probably take McBurnie over Jota on his day too.

not realism, Loyality
Did you stay until the final whistle yesterday to demonstrate your loyalty if you didn't ; in your word, piss off to Hillsborough with your delusions.

You sure? Take out the loan players & the out of contract players ( include Archer in that) & the ones who will attract interest from elsewhere, leaves us with half a dozen kids & just a few million to rebuild, CW has his work cut out convincing Souza,Hamer,Baldock & RND to stay

Absolutely love a perspective post 🥰

Stupidity, would you call it loyalty to a woman/man who offered you nothing but a lifetime of shit, whilst everyone laughed at you.
No, you and everyone else would call it stupidity
Supporting the Blades has always been a roller coaster ride
if you cant cope with that you can alway go and support City

Supporting the Blades has always been a roller coaster ride
if you cant cope with that you can alway go and support City
ner, ner ,ner, ner
I thought your first post was written by a 6 year old but you've gone and trumped that

Your message said as long as they are trying they will have your support, so what happens when they aren't trying then ? Like on Saturday and almost every other game this season.
Trying doesn't mean turning up with your subordinate, knowing your place attitude and hoping to keep the score down, it means TRYING to participate in a game, TRYING to have some influence in the game, and TRYING to inflict some damage on your opponent.

These players aren't TRYING anything, so why are you defending them?

ner, ner ,ner, ner
I thought your first post was written by a 6 year old but you've gone and trumped that

Your message said as long as they are trying they will have your support, so what happens when they aren't trying then ? Like on Saturday and almost every other game this season.
Trying doesn't mean turning up with your subordinate, knowing your place attitude and hoping to keep the score down, it means TRYING to participate in a game, TRYING to have some influence in the game, and TRYING to inflict some damage on your opponent.

i believe they are an honest bunch of players who are trying and i think both the palace and villa games showed they were still trying even in the 90th minute
the fact is they are not good enough is another matter

UTB
Shame all we have to cling onto is pigs lost!

ner, ner ,ner, ner

None of the players have tried all season? 😂😂😂

i believe they are an honest bunch of players who are trying and i think both the palace and villa games showed they were still trying even in the 90th minute
the fact is they are not good enough is another matter
They might not be good enough, but they are being outfought, outworked, outrun, and outdone in every single aspect of the game.
Sheffield United as a Third Division club a few years ago would have gone out and caused these Premier League teams problems, we have done so in the past, no end of times.

It wasn't because we had better players, it was because we were TRYING and refused to go down without a fight.

That refusal to go down without a fight is worth at least 8-10 points a season because you'll always meet three or four Premier League clubs in a cold January or February night that quite simply don't want it.

Even the teams that don't really want it have managed to get past us because they have a few seconds of quality against another team that doesn't really want it.

Back
Top Bottom