Last 5 games

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

FriethBlade

Reaction score
Only play people who are going to be here next season ( possible exception of the keeper). Whats the point of playing the likes of BBD, Archer, McAttee et al when we know they won't be here next year? Let's get Osula bedded into the team so it's not like he's making his debut at the start of next season. Give Brooks these games to see what he's got and so on.

Playing the first team isn't working anyway so let's at least try and start building for next season.

And ffs stop bringing Norwood off the bench, Slimane looks crap but he's ours so give him some game time. Oh and in case Wilder doesn't know we are probably better off with Laroucci and Osbourn playing down tje left not BBD

We should aim for this every game

Wes
Bogle Holgate Anel Robinson Larouci
Hamer Arblaster Osborn
McBurnie Brereton

And Brooks and Peck should be included more

If the need ever arises to use Souza, Norwood or Trusty, play with 10 men instead

Only play people who are going to be here next season

Agreed. Only players under contract. We've been down regardless since August, can we actually learn something in the remaining games?

Grbic
Curtis -- Trusty -- Robinson -- Osborn?
Traore - Slimane - Arblaster - Brooks
Osula - Brewster

It's not looking good for next season.

Only play people who are going to be here next season ( possible exception of the keeper). Whats the point of playing the likes of BBD, Archer, McAttee et al when we know they won't be here next year? Let's get Osula bedded into the team so it's not like he's making his debut at the start of next season. Give Brooks these games to see what he's got and so on.

Playing the first team isn't working anyway so let's at least try and start building for next season.

And ffs stop bringing Norwood off the bench, Slimane looks crap but he's ours so give him some game time. Oh and in case Wilder doesn't know we are probably better off with Laroucci and Osbourn playing down tje left not BBD
Nice idea. But too many aren’t ready, aren’t fit and to be fair, I’d be inclined to rest our own given the horrendous run of injuries we tend to get.

Give the loanees and players that won’t be here next year the game time, get our players fitter but not worn out.

Slimane may be ours, but Norwood has been proven to be a far better player and he’s also ours. Norwood looked better in a short cameo than Souza and brooks.

Let’s keep the standards up not make it a chance for competition winners to get a game for the sake of it.

Don’t play anyone who might be involved next season as they’ll get injured and miss next season

Nice idea. But too many aren’t ready, aren’t fit and to be fair, I’d be inclined to rest our own given the horrendous run of injuries we tend to get.

Give the loanees and players that won’t be here next year the game time, get our players fitter but not worn out.

Slimane may be ours, but Norwood has been proven to be a far better player and he’s also ours. Norwood looked better in a short cameo than Souza and brooks.

Let’s keep the standards up not make it a chance for competition winners to get a game for the sake of it.
Absolutely. Needs to be a meritocracy otherwise it sends out the complete wrong message...

However, there is a balance and none of the front 3 from today will be here next season, neither will the sub (4th attacker used) which I'm worried about the message that sends out

If we're giving Archer game time ahead of Osula, we really have got things arse about tit....

Absolutely. Needs to be a meritocracy otherwise it sends out the complete wrong message...

However, there is a balance and none of the front 3 from today will be here next season, neither will the sub (4th attacker used) which I'm worried about the message that sends out

If we're giving Archer game time ahead of Osula, we really have got things arse about tit....
What has Osula done to deserve a start ahead of archer?

I don't care whether someone is going to be here next season or not, I do care that whoever pulls on a Blades shirt gives everything they've got for however long they're on the field and shows they're fit to wear that shirt.

Wilders lost it pal...

Norwood is now 33 he is not the player that he was.He shouldn.t have been given his one year extension . He is immobile and was an empty shirt earlier in the season when he played .He was benched because he no longer had the legs or speed of thought with little impact on the game unless you count pointing at other players to do what he can't do. He played 10 minutes with fresh legs and still had no impact against tiring legs today. We need to move forward not backwards in the off season. We have a new head scout system let's give them a chance to find some talent instead of clinging to an old favorite who will never improve.

Last edited:
Norwood is now 33 he is not the player that he was.He shouldn.t have been given his one year extension . He is immobile and was an empty shirt earlier in the season when he played .He was benched because he no longer had the legs or speed of thought with little impact on the game unless you count pointing at other players to do what he can't do. He played 10 minutes with fresh legs and still had no impact against tiring legs today. We need to move forward not backwards in the off season. We have a new head scout system let's give them a chance to find some talent instead of clinging to an old favorite who will never improve.
I don’t disagree with much of that but the poster I responded to was referring specifically to the next 5 games.

We have to go and try to get something from every game. Norwood is an experienced player at this club and this level.

Whether he deserved to stay is irrelevant when he’s here and one of the better players on the fringes of this squad. He’s shown as much if not more than Slimane

I agree he’s not the future

Imho we have a duty to try and get results in every single game.

For the integrity of the league, especially considering the teams we're playing, and also for ourselves as a club.

Fortunately I've booked a break in Rhodes that will take out the next three games for me.

I just have a decision to make about Everton as I will be at the last game of the season.

We should aim for this every game

Wes
Bogle Holgate Anel Robinson Larouci
Hamer Arblaster Osborn
McBurnie Brereton

And Brooks and Peck should be included more

If the need ever arises to use Souza, Norwood or Trusty, play with 10 men instead

That the same mcburnie who couldn’t beat berge to a header? Not once

You obviously don’t watch the games. Getting thrashed is a miserable experience.

Would I prefer us to be winning? Yes. Did I expect us to get relegated comfortably after we sold Ndiaye? Yes. Do I give a fuck about the results going forward? No, as long as we're actually learning something for going forward. I'm going on Wednesday and would rather us play all of the likes of Brooks, Peck, Curtis, Osula etc and concede seven rather than play the "strongest" team and concede just the four or five

Back
Top Bottom