Playoff tickets, First Leg

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

#fact is I got straight on it got our three seats while some where moaning on message forums ,does it really matter what seat your in ,does it matter your not with your mate ,does it matter whether forest are top or bottom ,all that matters is you go out have some ale get to the lane and back our ,your team utb
I took the opportunity to get seats even further away from you than normal. Sick of seeing you strutting up & down the aisle like some sort of deranged steelworker...

Annoyed I can’t get my seat because it’s been given to Forest fans, has the club actually explained why we’ve got to have the lower tier?
If it is because some Forest fans invaded the pitch last time, they are rewarding bad behaviour
Better seats, bigger allocation
Utd have got the pricing spot on, brilliant, but fucked up on this
Kicking season ticket holders out for away fans, no other club would do this

Forest had both tiers in 02/03. Top tier used to be the default with the bottom tier offered if there was going to be a decent sized away following. Think it wasn’t until late 00s that we started restricting away support to the lower tier.

If anyone is really struggling, can’t log on, not good with computers etc., then you could try asking a season ticket holder you know to purchase them for you today. It’s really easy for them to add you as a friend (they click on their own name in the top corner when they’ve logged on, click on their friends and family list and just add you if they know your surname and customer number - which is on your season ticket). Then they can buy your ticket for you.

Last time this scenario happened we had no chance. There was the odd ticket dotted about fine if you go on your own but there were no seats with 2 or more adjacent. I`m going to try but I doubt there will be anything left.
I've not ever failed to get a ticket to a home game at the Lane, so will do all I can to make sure this isn't the first time.

Of course. This season ticket holders free for all, where you can purchase any seat you want, even if it's someone else's is nothing new. It's exactly the system they used for the FA Cup QF v Arsenal. Where, again, but for different reasons they were putting the away fans in the BLUT. It is now effectively "the norm" for big home games where season tickets can't be used. Don't be caught out for a THIRD TIME.

I find it incredible that we’re reducing our home capacity by 10/15% for one of the most important games in the last few years.

If this is a safety and security measure, I’m not surprised at all. We’ve rarely had our full capacity made available to us in the last 20 years.

I might have a go on the BLLT. Not been on there since Burscough FC in the FA cup 1st round

I was sitting in G Block for that one.
How did you manage that,were you disguised as a seat.

Crowd Trouble, What Crowd?

"Crowd trouble has prompted the FA to order Sheffield United to shut two sections of Bramall Lane for the whole of next season.

The Yorkshire side have also been given a £100,000 fine suspended until the end of the 2005-06 season.

Blocks G and H of the Laver Stand will not be allowed to re-open until CCTV facilities have been improved to the FA's satisfaction.

The move came after the Blades admitted to two charges of breaching FA rules relating to the behaviour of their fans at two home matches last season.

A statement from the FA said: "The most serious of the charges relates to the match against Sheffield Wednesday at Bramall Lane on January 17, 2003, when marine distress flares were fired from sections G and H of the Laver Stand, creating a highly dangerous situation which resulted in the injury of a spectator."

United were also given a warning to their future conduct in connection to further trouble in the February 22 home match against Norwich.

The two sections will be netted over while closed and the club has been ordered to publish notices in their match programme "reminding spectators of their responsibilities as regards stadium security and safety".
#4 Code Red, Jul 9, 2003

Dress it up how you want but it's nothing short of a fucking joke that for a such an important game we're leaving 2,000 seats empty to allow away fans more than necessary.

Don't care whether it's United, SAG, SYP, or all three. The perpetrators need to get in the fucking sea.

Absolutely tinpot.

Don't get the superstitious argument some have come out with, we haven't won a playoff yet so maybe switching seats for some will help 😂

One thing for sure though, if we get to Wembley and I can't get the seat we sat in when we actually scored for once, I'm kicking off

Bit of a shitshow, it doesn't look like the Westfield Corner is available for home fans (but strangely part of the lower tier is) so anyone with a ST in the Westfield can't sit in their own seats.

Sorry in advance to whoever's ST seat I've just bought in the South Stand but there's nothing I could've done to avoid it.
If you have bought mine then I will be sitting next to you ! Be afraid, be very afraid !!

Dress it up how you want but it's nothing short of a fucking joke that for a such an important game we're leaving 2,000 seats empty to allow away fans more than necessary.

Don't care whether it's United, SAG, SYP, or all three. The perpetrators need to get in the fucking sea.

Absolutely tinpot.
Are we leaving any empty? Thought Forest are having Upper Tier and Westfield Corner and we’re having Lower Tier?

If you have bought mine then I will be sitting next to you ! Be afraid, be very afraid !!
You're welcome to my seat but you'll be surrounded by Forest and/or empty seats depending on what you read!

Are we leaving any empty? Thought Forest are having Upper Tier and Westfield Corner and we’re having Lower Tier?

I might be wrong but I thought the Westfield Corner wasn't being opened, or not fully.

Might teach me not to read multiple social media posts as gospel.

Just wait until we get the next bombshell

Because Forest have the corner, no tickets for section H of the South Stand will be available

Same on John Street

And because of the temptation some seven year old might have to run onto the pitch, the first 10 rows of seats on Bramall Lane Lower Tier will also be netted off.

A sell out capacity of 24,000 so that United fans and Forest fans are no closer than 50 yards from each other

Meanwhile at the swill every 'safe' seat that can be sold will be on sale for them against Sunderland

I might be wrong but I thought the Westfield Corner wasn't being opened, or not fully.

Might teach me not to read multiple social media posts as gospel.
No you're correct the Westfield corner is not being opened up for anyone.

No you're correct the Westfield corner is not being opened up for anyone.

Just been working out stand capacity in my head and the BL end including the Westfield Corner must hold around 7,000 I reckon. On that basis with Forest getting 3,000 there's no way they've got the entire upper tier.

MK Dons v Wycombe commentary just now " There the Wycombe fans they wanted more than 2,000. MK Dons said look at the other play off game they only got 2,000 each. I'm sure MK Dons want to maximise their advantage and get as many fans into the ground as possible.

Can someone pass this simple logic onto SUFC.

Lot of assumptions being made, and it would have helped for the club to communicate the reasoning behind all this.

Suspect away allocations are reciprocal, and we felt it would be better to have more blades there for the 2nd leg if possible.

Doesn't make sense for it to be a purely SAG based decision, and the lower tier holds the minimum 2k requirement.

Forest are receiving pretty much the same amount of tickets as they would've had they been allocated the lower tier.

But for some unknown reason we've decided to put them in the upper tier and inconvenience thousands of our own fans. Why? I can only think it's because they want United fans in the lower tier and behind both goals. Make it a bit more of an intimidating atmosphere. Maybe?

What a ridiculously DUMB decision to give Forest the upper tier! Out of the 4 league one playoff games, the opposition team have been given 2 thousand tickets. Sheffield United, however, decide to piss off their own season ticket holders, so the away team can have MORE tickets than usual and a better view. Whoever decided on this should be handed their P45 - they’ve basically given up some home advantage for the most important game of the season so far.

The solution was fucking simple - give Forest 2 thousand tickets in the lower tier and let season ticket holders sit where they’ve sat all season.

#fact is I got straight on it got our three seats while some where moaning on message forums ,does it really matter what seat your in ,does it matter your not with your mate ,does it matter whether forest are top or bottom ,all that matters is you go out have some ale get to the lane and back our ,your team utb
It does matter that Forest have the upper tier because it makes it impossible for all the home fans who went to yesterday's game to go to next week's game

Back
Top Bottom