Playoff tickets, First Leg

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Forest's numbers will be increased by around 400. We have to lower tier so we have fans behind both goals. Why has this decision been made ? We can only guess but there are still over 23,000 tickets for home fans with plenty available in all stands including large groups. Fans just need to buy a ticket and get to the game.

23000 can't make more noise,and drown out, the 3,100 ? That would be poor by the fans ,not the club
As for the stewarding, it is outsourced. Better stewarding? Minimum wage for being abused all game( verbally and sometimes physically) means I cant foresee a 'better' class of employee for that job

And do you think that United fans will have every seat available on the lower section of Bramall Lane ?

The first ten rows will be netted off, and the corner will be empty

23000 tickets being available for a club that has averaged almost 28,000 is unacceptable and the club should have told these meddling bastards to fuck off and do their jobs properly

Noise?

There's 3000 of them and 25k of us. If we can't make more noise than them it's fuck all to do with them having the BLUT.

Tell ya summat else, you wouldn't tackle a fan running on the pitch either. That's not a stewards job.

As for other comments about family standers not wanting to go on the kop or south... Good grief. The South is hardly G&H block from 2000 is it? And the kop is all standing on the back 6-10 rows. Down from that is as you were.

Are you suggesting some of our fans are that bad and picky?

You know full well how much noisier away fans are when they're in the upper section.

we should still be noisier..... but would you bet on it? Yes its up to our fans but the club shouldn't handicap us, they should handicap forest

as for stewards..... I get your point, but increase the numbers and the deterrent might be enough. If not, how about more police?

if it helped I'd volunteer to steward the front of the lower tier for free! 😆

Why does it matter ? A decision has been made probably by a combination of the club,SAG and the police.

It shouldn't stop any fan from buying a ticket if they can go to the match and afford the cost.
the pricing, opportunity to get tickets and selling out are not in question here

but......... there will be fans who miss out who otherwise wouldn't have

Why does it matter ? A decision has been made probably by a combination of the club,SAG and the police.

It shouldn't stop any fan from buying a ticket if they can go to the match and afford the cost.

There will be less home fan availability than there were home fans in the ground for Fulham, and no doubt one or two other league games.

Will there be 2,000 empty seats at the City Ground? I think we all know the answer to that.

It deserves to he pulled up and criticised because these air brained schemes happen too often at our games compared to elsewhere.

You know full well how much noisier away fans are when they're in the upper section.

we should still be noisier..... but would you bet on it? Yes its up to our fans but the club shouldn't handicap us, they should handicap forest

as for stewards..... I get your point, but increase the numbers and the deterrent might be enough. If not, how about more police?

The club pay for the police bill don't they?

Look at Saturday and the scrotes that ran on. Not one steward I saw even made an attempt to tackle anyone. Even the trollop with the gunt all over the place waltzed through unchallenged.

Fans will be noisy in the pukka pie corner if they're loud enough. Simple solution is to drown them out. Not an arduous task is it? Unless you sit on the family stand of course? I understand the argument that way.

And do you think that United fans will have every seat available on the lower section of Bramall Lane ?

The first ten rows will be netted off, and the corner will be empty

23000 tickets being available for a club that has averaged almost 28,000 is unacceptable and the club should have told these meddling bastards to fuck off and do their jobs properly
We don't know the ins and outs but we may not have had a choice in order to stage the game. We may have an idea if that is the required allocation if Forest have to give us over 3,000 tickets ( normally a 2,000 from them for league games,isn't it.?)

As for selling 23,000 to home fans, as it is less that the average amount of home fans at games this season, they can be no excuse for selling out can there ?

The club pay for the police bill don't they?
..... which would be more than covered by the extra 1500+ tickets sold

if they wanted to charge an extra 5 quid for tickets - whatever, no probs.... sell out regardless, but in this scenario without weakening our support unnecessarily

Top tier and corner have around 4500-5000 seats, so if we're only giving them 3,100, that's around 1,500 netted off, presumably the first couple of rows and the corner section.

2,750 in lower tier, so to give forest 400 extra seats, we've reduced our own allocation by 1,500.

Capacity will be about 30,000, with just under 27k for blades fans.

Unless we HAD to give them more than 2k (seen no evidence yet for this), its barmy to give them a single seat more.

Compound this with kicking blades out of their seats to give Forrest more seats and a better view and compound it further by ensuring that even more blades seats are lost through segregation concerns beggars belief.

Why would we undermine our home advantage? Can only assume that we were made to for some reason and I think that reason needs to be made clear because there are a lot of people bewildered and angered by this.

Unless we HAD to give them more than 2k (seen no evidence yet for this), its barmy to give them a single seat more.

Compound this with kicking blades out of their seats to give Forrest more seats and a better view and compound it further by ensuring that even more blades seats are lost through segregation concerns beggars belief.

Why would we undermine our home advantage? Can only assume that we were made to for some reason and I think that reason needs to be made clear because there are a lot of people bewildered and angered by this.
Bewildered, yes.

Angry?

There's a war going on and this is the kind of first world problems we have in this country. "I can't have my treasured piece of red plastic"

I haven't got mine. I've got one close enough. I'll move anyway and sit with the lads who fetch all manner of spirits with them and get choked by pyro smoke because I genuinely don't give that much of a fuck to kick up a stink about this kind of banal stuff.

Bewildered, yes.

Angry?

There's a war going on and this is the kind of first world problems we have in this country. "I can't have my treasured piece of red plastic"

I haven't got mine. I've got one close enough. I'll move anyway and sit with the lads who fetch all manner of spirits with them.
Don't disagree - and I'll sit anywhere for a game like this.

But you can't deny just by reading through this thread and comments on others that there are people angered by this. It seems like an own goal, and many would like to know what the rationale was.

Don't disagree - and I'll sit anywhere for a game like this.

But you can't deny just by reading through this thread and comments on others that there are people angered by this. It seems like an own goal, and many would like to know what the rationale was.
I agree that an explanation wouldn't go amiss. Especially considering how quickly tickets went on sale ( I got mine an hour after full time for example). But my god, if the issue is being outsung, then shout louder. We're not outnumbered. We're not at a disadvantage. Nothing. It's just a number of fans unable to sit where they usually do that are upset. But if that's all they have to be upset about then I would swop them for my situation in an absolute heartbeat.

Why would we undermine our home advantage? Can only assume that we were made to for some reason and I think that reason needs to be made clear because there are a lot of people bewildered and angered by ththis.
They should have already made the reason public

that they haven't opens them up to all criticisms and accusations and it serves them right

I suspect if there was any good reason that gave them no choice they wouldnt have been slow in telling us

They should have already made the reason public

that they haven't opens them up to all criticisms and accusations and it serves them right

I suspect if there was any good reason that gave them no choice they wouldnt have been slow in telling us
Have you tried contacting the club in any way? Maybe you should if you want an explanation.

The club has handed a big advantage to Forest. Why they've done it is anyone's guess; for some strange reason they haven't communicated it to the fans. If it's to secure more away tickets they should've explained it. If it's SYP or SAG, at least let us know and communicate your unhappiness to show you're on Blades fans side. Even if that's the case surely we just give them 2,000 on the upper tier rather than the extra? People would be asking questions if this a run of the mill league game, so they're bound to ask more vehemently when it's a one off game - the biggest game of the season.

Incidentally, if this is SYP or SAG they'd better get on with expanding the capacity.

Last edited:
Strengthening Forest's support (numbers + noise) and reducing our own for no reason at all - in a huge game at what might be our last chance at promotion for years. But as if anyone who works down there understands any of that

if its a response to them running on the pitch that's even more stupid..... how about stewarding them a little bit better?! But no..... reward them instead... 🤡
Probably Princey doesn't want promotion? He can't afford it can he!

Yep get some more cardboard cutouts ordered quick .... waste of space!

To be fair I had an email yesterday, saying they have sorted out my Tickets situation I had with my daughter down as the main holder, which ment I ended up having to buy 2 adult tickets to secure I was going! They have changed them and sent me new tickets for my phone.

Forest fans have until Tuesday to secure their own seats for the match at the city ground..it’s hardly rocket science to organise it.
However,I’ve been told one of the reasons they have been allocated the upper tier is that when they scored a late goal at the lane,some fans ran on the pitch and a steward got hurt and they don’t want a scenario with both sets of fans on the pitch
You maybe right about the possible pitch invasion !
We could have controlled that with policing and stewarding even knocking back there full allocation ! Why should we suffer being the home club.
In premiership the allowance is 3000 if safe to do so.
It's not safe to do so ? so knock there allowance.
Highest crowd this season was Saturday.
Next Saturday we would have Beaten it,won't happen now though will it.

Forest had both tiers in 02/03. Top tier used to be the default with the bottom tier offered if there was going to be a decent sized away following. Think it wasn’t until late 00s that we started restricting away support to the lower tier.
We switched the away fans to the lower tier in the 2006/07 Premier League season I think. I was definitely in the upper tier when we beat West Ham 3-0.

We switched the away fans to the lower tier in the 2006/07 Premier League season I think. I was definitely in the upper tier when we beat West Ham 3-0.
I think Liverpool had the upper and lower on the first day of the season, then we switched to just lower after that?

MK Dons v Wycombe commentary just now " There the Wycombe fans they wanted more than 2,000. MK Dons said look at the other play off game they only got 2,000 each. I'm sure MK Dons want to maximise their advantage and get as many fans into the ground as possible.

Can someone pass this simple logic onto SUFC.
That worked well.😍

Are forest reciprocating the low price? We are giving them extra tickets and at a bargain price. They will give us as few tickets as possible and fleece us top whack I'm sure

Are forest reciprocating the low price? We are giving them extra tickets and at a bargain price. They will give us as few tickets as possible and fleece us top whack I'm sure
Adults £29. Other ages decent prices.

Just spoke to daughter whose had to go down to sort out her disabled and carer tickets. She's been queuing for 2 hours and is just past the club shop. Queue still outside the gates. Most of the people in the queue have had problems online and are season ticket holders. There are a few elderly with no internet. Mood in queue not good as from 12 mid day members will be allowed to buy tickets online. Queue is likely to increase in size if members are experiencing same online problems.

Back
Top Bottom