PLAYER OF THE SEASON?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Player of the Season?

• Bogle

Votes: 19 4.5%
  • McBurnie

Votes: 14 3.3%
  • Hamer

Votes: 107 25.4%
  • Souza

Votes: 7 1.7%
  • Robinson

Votes: 271 64.4%
  • McAtee

Votes: 3 0.7%

• Total voters

Fjortoft's Aeroplane

Reaction score
Now we're relegated, performances in the remaining matches are immaterial. So who's your player of the season?

I've omitted Diaz as he's only made 11 appearances, shame he was out injured for a month.

Robinson by a country mile. He's the only one who's consistently tried and kept digging deep. At the start of the season fans were pointing the finger of blame at him because it was easy to, whilst ignoring the constant costly errors made by Egan and Anel, because they were fan favourites.

Jack can finish the season with his head held high. He won over the fans and deserved the captaincy when it was given to him.

Arblaster as a message to the rest of the squad.
This unproven kid has come into a struggling side after previously only playing as high as League 1 and shown far more character and fearlessness than a team of experienced professional adult athletes.
In the small amount of games he's played, he's been infinitely more brave, committed, and shown better quality than the vast majority of our squad and a lot of the players should feel ashamed of their efforts this season (they won't).
Failing that, abandon the award this year. There's only the fans that have come out of this season with any kind of credit. The rest of the club is an embarrassing shambles at present.

Robinson. Maybe the only one (with the exception of the kids) who has shown with the effort he has given that he appreciates the club, the fans, and what the red and white shirt means. Not the greatest player but he has the right attitude. In this shit show of a season, that's enough to win the POTY. Jeez, we have been bad.

Considering he's our lead goalscorer and we always turn to shit when he's subbed off and he's probably our best defender (on set pieces), I've said McBurnie. I have given him plenty of abuse over the years but for me it's him, Robbo & Hamer that have come out of this season with some credit.

Says something when I'm not sure that any of those 3 would get into another Premier League XI.

Last edited:
In terms of showing leadership, Robbo stands out, possibly because there is an absolute dearth of leaders in our squad - with Baldock and perhaps McB next in line. And Robbo makes whole hearted last ditch tackles which lift everyone on and off the pitch.

But as said above, he is part of our worse defence ever, and his own personal stats place him behind just about every other defender (in terms of tackles won, aerial duels, interceptions etc) ranked fifth overall amongst our defenders.

For me its Hamer, most goal contributions, most successful crosses, more than twice as many key passes as everyone else (save for McAtee who has 60% of his score) and (perhaps contributing to the above) most appearances/mins on the pitch!

Hamer for me,and hope we hang on to him...works hard,goals and assists,always looks to be positive and has been moved around the midfield...Robbo a close 2nd and Bogle worth a mention.

I think there's plenty of recency bias in the votes for Hamer. He was poor for large parts of the season and has only woken up when we've been about 10 points off safety.

Robinson on the other hand has been excellent throughout and a real shining light in a dark season.

Would also add that McBurnie has more goals and assists per 90 than Hamer, but a fraction of the votes.

For me it's Wes. He stopped a few stuffings early season

That's how bad it's been.

Has to be Robinson for me. He took a lot of stick at the start of the season (much of it unfair) but he rose above it and set an example to the rest of them.

If Arblaster had come into the team a bit sooner it could have been him.

its between Robinson & Hamer. i wouldve stuck BBD in there but he's hasn't been here all season. as he's been huge for us as he is 1 of the few you would say is premier league quality

Hamer off the ball is fantastic. if only souza had half his work rate. Robinson has been our best centre back by a distance. but thats not much of an endorsement. maybe theres hope for grbic because if you had said to me 2 years ago. that Jack Robinson the liability would be heavy favourite to be player of the yr i wouldve said your crazy

Robinson but if they managed a few more games then McBurnie or Brereton

Back
Top Bottom