PLAYER OF THE SEASON?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Player of the Season?

• Bogle

Votes: 19 4.5%
  • McBurnie

Votes: 14 3.3%
  • Hamer

Votes: 107 25.4%
  • Souza

Votes: 7 1.7%
  • Robinson

Votes: 271 64.4%
  • McAtee

Votes: 3 0.7%

• Total voters
Good, some sanity at last. Only one feller's played like he gives a shit so he'll do for me.

Robbo by a country mile, one of our most underated players in years (finally winning people around) gives everything, gives a shit and a much better player than I thought he was before we signed him

Bogle and Hamer behind him, and Blaster and BBD would have been up there with more games

I think there's plenty of recency bias in the votes for Hamer. He was poor for large parts of the season and has only woken up when we've been about 10 points off safety.

Robinson on the other hand has been excellent throughout and a real shining light in a dark season.

Would also add that McBurnie has more goals and assists per 90 than Hamer, but a fraction of the votes.
McBurnie has been tremendously effectively when he’s played, but playing less than half the season surely rules him out. And perhaps a striker may be expected to score more goals than a midfielder who has repeatedly been tasked with covering a fullback?

Let’s hope you’re being prophetic and are a year ahead of your time, as Brewster fires us to promotion next season with 30 goals? Apologies, thought I’d live up to my name……

Jack Robinson has improved on last year but seriously? We can’t be having a defender as our player of the season because we’ve been as tight as a prostitutes legs all season and he has played 31/35 games.

Has to be Hamer for me. He has been the one constant driving us forward all season because McAtee lost interest after 15 games and Diaz has only played a dozen games.

Hamer got 10 goal contributions and we’ve only scored 34. God knows how many he featured in the build up play.

I fully understand why people are voting for Robinson. But taking a step back, if the main attributes of our player of the season are making occasional high risk tackles, and chucking the ball 35 yards into the penalty area, my god our standards are low. He remains a very limited defender in an appalling defence. Surely we deserve better! TC would be turning in his grave (if he was dead!).

I fully understand why people are voting for Robinson. But taking a step back, if the main attributes of our player of the season are making occasional high risk tackles, and chucking the ball 35 yards into the penalty area, my god our standards are low. He remains a very limited defender in an appalling defence. Surely we deserve better! TC would be turning in his grave (if he was dead!).
Put it better than me.

It's been a very low bar this season but i agree Robbo he proved me wrong. Our best and only worthy contender

I fully understand why people are voting for Robinson. But taking a step back, if the main attributes of our player of the season are making occasional high risk tackles, and chucking the ball 35 yards into the penalty area, my god our standards are low.
They are yes, we've got 16 points.

Souza

He has been greatly misunderstood

I have great hopes for him next season
I know you're taking the piss, as I'm only allowed to watch from an armchair these days and many on here watch live , what I've seen he isn't ready for the PL but he'll be an asset next season, I'll get my tin hat

Ndiaye , had a brilliant pre season before he fucked off !

They shouldn’t be having an end of season awards doo, whoever wins it will be like getting the most improved player at an under 8s team. If you haven’t already guessed and not that it matters one iota but I wouldn’t give it anybody.

I know you're taking the piss, as I'm only allowed to watch from an armchair these days and many on here watch live , what I've seen he isn't ready for the PL but he'll be an asset next season, I'll get my tin hat
He’ll be the opposite of an asset next season, if we’re reliant on someone whose main contribution is tackling the opposition before shitting his shorts and passing it back to them we’ll be in trouble.

Heart says Robinson.
Head says Hamer.

Contenders: Wes, Bogle, Ozzy, McB, Diaz.

I’d have honestly voted for Brereton Diaz, regardless of how many games he’s played. Never really thought much of him in the admittedly few times I’d seen him before he came here, and thought he was media hype with the name change, Chile call up, etc. But I’ve actually enjoyed watching him (unlike 90% of the rest of them). We just looked better with him on the pitch. Would have been interesting if he’d been here all season.

I’d have honestly voted for Brereton Diaz, regardless of how many games he’s played. Never really thought much of him in the admittedly few times I’d seen him before he came here, and thought he was media hype with the name change, Chile call up, etc. But I’ve actually enjoyed watching him (unlike 90% of the rest of them). We just looked better with him on the pitch. Would have been interesting if he’d been here all season.
Agree

We would have perhaps only lost 8-1 , 6-1 (etc)

Let’s hope you’re being prophetic and are a year ahead of your time, as Brewster fires us to promotion next season with 30 goals? Apologies, thought I’d live up to my name……

That's not how you spell 'pathetic.'

My vote is our away fans. I only really get to listen to our games, rather than going and it's been hard listening but our away fans for most games have been amazing. (Came through loud and clear at Newcastle)

Wished I could turn off the commentary for the most part!

Back
Top Bottom