Phipps

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

His opinion is one sided. I would prefer to go with the man who will still love the Blades long after Jim and the rest of his gang fuck off. It’s going to be a bumpy ride from now on.
I agree.on the one-sided thing. I am glad that tweet is there, not because it's 'correct' , but simply for 'look at it from the polar opposite direction' .
It is sticking up for his mate, with his viewpoint. The truth lies somewhere in between, and also shows the conflicting pressures on CW and PA.

I’m not abusing him personally his views, beliefs or image but I am criticising his actions in this instance. Purely because he’s put out one post out in which he talks about insider knowledge like wilder rejecting transfer targets. And then another one where he states he isn’t employed by the club which is correct but he clearly still has connections otherwise where would he get the information for his first post.
To be clear I didn’t mean you.

To be clear I didn’t mean you.
Oh then yeah fair enough people actively seeking out Jim to personally attack him not on just like it isn’t for the players. People commenting on the public posts he’s put out that’s fair enough if you’re disagreeing in a respectful fashion and playing the post not the poster. But anything that’s a personal attack is out of order.

Yes I do expect them to go ahead. Chris Wilder has been talking about the training ground since the day he walked through the door previous managers have talked about the training ground. Why no invest some of his own money to sort it out? Why did he not at least allow a new pitch to be installed at the training ground?
I understand your stance on this and you agree with the decision but believe me the Prince doesn’t come out of this looking good and he is now under serious pressure.
There's 4 full size grass pitches ,a full size 4 g a indoor half size 4 g yes it could be better ,but it's not bloody concord park .and it hasn't got a blow up tent 😆

It seems that a lot of people are too emotional to discuss Phipps' post in a fair manner. Both here and on facebook there are all kinds of irrelevant arguments put forward, and it's ruining the debate.

Everybody thinks Wilder's done well up to 2019/20. Everybody will agree that things haven't been great the last 8 months, especially in terms of recruitment. Nobody wants Wilder to leave.

The main disagreement seems to be:

a) Sticking to the current transfer structure
b) Tweaking the current transfer structure

The only problem with the st Christopher story is that we are comfortably bottom of the league playing spineless football and have spent a fortune on very average players

Might be a fortune to us, but peanuts for the PL and the wage budget being one of the lowest in the PL means you are severely limited in who wishes to come.

Not all players are as devoted to the Blades as we are, and are prepared to play for 'half' the wages they are offered elsewhere.

Seems like there’s 2 sides to the story. The truth is most probably somewhere in the middle.

such is life.

Might be a fortune to us, but peanuts for the PL and the wage budget being one of the lowest in the PL means you are severely limited in who wishes to come.

Not all players are as devoted to the Blades as we are, and are prepared to play for 'half' the wages they are offered elsewhere.

Nevertheless a fortune to us, and the discussion now is if we should do something with the aim of getting better value for money in the future.

Nevertheless a fortune to us, and the discussion now is if we should do something with the aim of getting better value for money in the future.

Something like a better academy perhaps. - ooh now there is a bone of contention.

Bergen Blade (as my insert quote thingy failed)

I think the fact we could afford Sander Berge's wages but not Anthony Robinson's says it all really.

The club is unsustainable at the highest level with the current recruitment strategy.

If we don't expand our recruitment we'll never be a successful club. If we do not improve our youth system, we will never be a successful club. If we do not improve our training facilities we will not be a successful club.

It seems that a lot of people are too emotional to discuss Phipps' post in a fair manner. Both here and on facebook there are all kinds of irrelevant arguments put forward, and it's ruining the debate.

Everybody thinks Wilder's done well up to 2019/20. Everybody will agree that things haven't been great the last 8 months, especially in terms of recruitment. Nobody wants Wilder to leave.

The main disagreement seems to be:

a) Sticking to the current transfer structure
b) Tweaking the current transfer structure
Very well said.

Most on here are Men in their 40s and 50s who can't control their emotions.

Bergen Blade (as my insert quote thingy failed)

I think the fact we could afford Sander Berge's wages but not Anthony Robinson's says it all really.

The club is unsustainable at the highest level with the current recruitment strategy.

If we don't expand our recruitment we'll never be a successful club. If we do not improve our youth system, we will never be a successful club. If we do not improve our training facilities we will not be a successful club.

Infrastructure needs some investment. The club is miles behind off the pitch.

He's basically saying Wilder should the toe the line. That means a Director of Football, which therefore means signings forced upon on him. No decent manager would accept that change in circumstances
To be fair if he goes to celtic etc don't they have director of football there's more to it than dof keeping key players I think is the main thing and the training ground.

If the club appoints a nobody it's counter productive season ticket sales down and Prince loses support what I will say I think Chris was wrong what he said on press conferences it caused conflict and less chance to sort a deal out.

If the Prince gets it wrong we will be mid table but bring in a decent manager back them keep the core players and up the wage limit to get better players and get back up there.but I think the Prince knows this

I don’t disagree but I look at Leeds nearby and they have supercharged their investment in infrastructure. Really going great guns. Depressing to see.

And there wage bill is only a couple of million over ours

To be fair if he goes to celtic etc don't they have director of football there's more to it than dof keeping key players I think is the main thing and the training ground.

If the club appoints a nobody it's counter productive season ticket sales down and Prince loses support what I will say I think Chris was wrong what he said on press conferences it caused conflict and less chance to sort a deal out.

If the Prince gets it wrong we will be mid table but bring in a decent manager back them keep the core players and up the wage limit to get better players and get back up there.but I think the Prince knows this

I think the Prince has had fantasies about how he wants to run a football club for years. He now gets to implement them.

He'll be sat in California watching it all on a stream, so it's not as if he's going to be around to witness any negative blow back if it all goes wrong.

The first message I received when I woke this morning was from a Blade, telling me it was a sad day for the Blades.

So where is Prince Abdulla's spin merchant tonight ?

'no bigger Blade than me' Mr Phipps.

Oh they are both in California, well why don't you both focus your support on a local sport like the 'Sheffield' Steelers.

Focus and on providing the first letters as a clue.

Back
Top Bottom