Phipps

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Only part of the truth will come out as we won’t be privy to allthe facts.
I’ve got to admit that I’m slightly struggling with the 7 million payout...if this is mutual consent then he’s not the business man I thought he was....it’s safe to say he’s been sacked.
Whilst Phipps is totally irrelevant to Sheff United there are probably facts in his statement that would have been accepted by us Blades were he a journalist - rather than the Princes mate...

Not how I read it, seems like Wilder was my way or fuck off. Only one outcome there.

Reading that I think the Prince was more than fair.

How I read it, was that yes, Jim made some fair comments. However, he made them from the Princes perspective

Jim cited CW’s public comments and said that basically they were unacceptable, but like the rest of us, didn’t, wouldn’t, couldn’t cite what the Prince has said to CW and therefore is only really giving one side of the story.

In order to give a balanced opinion, one must understand what’s been said on both sides of the table, which we all know won’t really happen.

As decent as Jim’s view is, it comes across as being slanted in my opinion.

I only have one opinion and that is, that if the club know what’s good for them then CW should be part of it

I hear all this about choosing the next, right manager, I also know from experience, how often the club get that right and I make it about 4 or 5 times in the last 50 years. Someone else can do the maths, but the clubs best asset has now been shown the door and I don’t see that as an opportunity, I only see it as a mistake

You’d best not check out some of the Pro-Trump Anti-Vaxx shit he retweets then 😂

So the guy is a conspiracy theory loving lunatic and yet people seem to think he carries some gravitas when he speaks.

Let's face it, his knowledge of football (soccer) is probably very very limited compared to your average Unitedite who will have grown up with the game from a young age. I don't think any fan should really listen to what he says. At the end of the day he's sticking up for his mate, but that's all he's doing.

The training ground was in place. Do you still expect them to go ahead with those plans when we are facing a certain relegation? I’d personally put those plans on hold and any funds we have available go towards the team and getting us back promoted. Once promoted, start with the training ground plans again.
Yes I do expect them to go ahead. Chris Wilder has been talking about the training ground since the day he walked through the door previous managers have talked about the training ground. Why no invest some of his own money to sort it out? Why did he not at least allow a new pitch to be installed at the training ground?
I understand your stance on this and you agree with the decision but believe me the Prince doesn’t come out of this looking good and he is now under serious pressure.

Yes I do expect them to go ahead. Chris Wilder has been talking about the training ground since the day he walked through the door previous managers have talked about the training ground. Why no invest some of his own money to sort it out? Why did he not at least allow a new pitch to be installed at the training ground?
I understand your stance on this and you agree with the decision but believe me the Prince doesn’t come out of this looking good and he is now under serious pressure.
Because we are in the middle of a global pandemic? We’ve lost and I think it was quoted as £20-30 due to Covid. I’d be very surprised if any clubs are doing any sort of upgrades to facilities at this time and are doing their best to simply get through this.

In fairness to Jim, he probably knows more of what goes off behind the scenes than most who post on social media, might be worth listening to his opinion.

The same could be said of Wit, although arguably to a lesser extent. Managers best mate.
I agree 100% same issue. More than happy to change Jim’s name for wit although it looks like wit will be losing his in.

In fairness to Jim, he probably knows more of what goes off behind the scenes than most who post on social media, might be worth listening to his opinion.
His opinion is one sided. I would prefer to go with the man who will still love the Blades long after Jim and the rest of his gang fuck off. It’s going to be a bumpy ride from now on.

Because we are in the middle of a global pandemic? We’ve lost and I think it was quoted as £20-30 due to Covid. I’d be very surprised if any clubs are doing any sort of upgrades to facilities at this time and are doing their best to simply get through this.

£20-30 quid? Is that all? I’m sure we could have a whip round on here to sort that out ;)

His opinion is one sided. I would prefer to go with the man who will still love the Blades long after Jim and the rest of his gang fuck off. It’s going to be a bumpy ride from now on.
Who will be about as biased about the situation as someone could possibly be??

Take it you didnt watch the Fulham game and see their ground being rebuilt mid pandemic?

You don’t have to remove anyone, if you make an environment uncomfortable enough people will remove themselves.

I’m sorry but that statement doesn’t track with his previous one in which he claims to know wilder has turned down targets which were recommended to him. But put the two statements together and that’s exactly what Jim does here’s some insider info people don’t like it well I’m not employed by the club

I’m sure one day we’ll hear the other version. Truth is probably somewhere in between the 2. Just a terrible shame all parties were too entrenched to come to an agreement.

Surely it would have made sense to park these issues for a year so we at least had our best shot of doing something in the championship.
If only there was a local journalist who writes books, he'd have a field day with this 🤔

Wasn’t Van Winkle brought in for that? So you’re saying no one but Chris Wilder has any authority to judge the merit of a potential player? That’s fine, the trouble is the best managers in the world, ones with Champions League Winners medals, all have recruitment teams, advanced scouting networks and DoFs. We want to play with the big boys in the elite league, we can’t run the club like a cash-in-hand jack-of-all-trades sole trader.
In my opinion. This is the image I have had of CW for a while now. It's naive and a bit embarrassing. Maybe pride gets in the way but you have to realise you don't know everything.

Bit out of order but the comment on there 'still can't find your tail you fat whopper' 😄

It is all PR bollocks, the same as it has ever been from him since he first appeared on the scene

I’m sorry but that statement doesn’t track with his previous one in which he claims to know wilder has turned down targets which were recommended to him. But put the two statements together and that’s exactly what Jim does here’s some insider info people don’t like it well I’m not employed by the club

He’s confirmed many times he no longer has any role within the club. Same with his ex business relationship with the Prince.

His opinion isn’t popular with some, but why abuse him?

He’s confirmed many times he no longer has any role within the club. Same with his ex business relationship with the Prince.

His opinion isn’t popular with some, but why abuse him?
I’m not abusing him personally his views, beliefs or image but I am criticising his actions in this instance. Purely because he’s put out one post out in which he talks about insider knowledge like wilder rejecting transfer targets. And then another one where he states he isn’t employed by the club which is correct but he clearly still has connections otherwise where would he get the information for his first post.

Back
Top Bottom