Peter Barlow the blade

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

A few years ago I was watching Corro and there was a scene where he was walking down the street with his curly haired on screen son, Simon - Simon had a football with him and Peter took it off him and started dribbling down the street and commentating as he did so..... he said something along the lines of "Excellent run from Tony Currie etc etc"

I nearly fell off the settee!

It all makes sense now, clarity at last.

But then we would have had to tussle with Ken Barlow and that wouldn't end well for the Shoreham Boys.

80s 90s , away games we used to pull up on junction 28, M1
ALOT of blades Mansfield, Sutton in Ashfield way got on same Ripley, Belper.
Maybe he was one of them.
Plymouth away around 86 a money night bank holiday loads of east mids blades were there .

He was Barry Kent in Adrian Mole.

CKyTriAWsAAPwNU.png

I can see Wilder, Todd, Beresford, Waddle. Not sure of the others.
John Sheridan also on there.
Lad on far left of pic is Chris waddles son,Jack,the bloke next to him is Hallam chairman Richard Pillinger.
It was a charity match but it didn’t stop CW arguing with a lino over an offside decision 😂

I’m fairly sure I’ve sat next to him and chatted to him at an away day before and I’ve seen him at the Lane before. I’d recognise him as a familiar face at the Lame rather being a Coronation Street actor. It seems to me that he is just another bloke who enjoys watching the Blades and probably will enjoy watching the Blades without people knowing who he is and hassling him for photos and selfies

I’ve also seen Nicholas Cage at an away day before about 20 years ago with Sean Bean and also Sienna Miller at Watford with him.

I’m fairly sure I’ve sat next to him and chatted to him at an away day before and I’ve seen him at the Lane before. I’d recognise him as a familiar face at the Lame rather being a Coronation Street actor. It seems to me that he is just another bloke who enjoys watching the Blades and probably will enjoy watching the Blades without people knowing who he is and hassling him for photos and selfies

I’ve also seen Nicholas Cage at an away day before about 20 years ago with Sean Bean and also Sienna Miller at Watford with him.
I saw Paul Heaton at Oldham away with his kids. People kept coming up to him asking for photos. I couldn't imagine being famous it's my idea of hell having random people come up to you wanting a selfie

I saw Paul Heaton at Oldham away with his kids. People kept coming up to him asking for photos. I couldn't imagine being famous it's my idea of hell having random people come up to you wanting a selfie

Me neither.

I’d probably guess Peter Barlow has really enjoyed going to Bramall Lane and not getting hassled for photos until the moment Carol from the Railway spotted him in her pub, hassled him for a selfie and splattered it all over her assorted Facebook groups.

I’ve heard the rumour before. I’ve also been forcibly introduced to the actor who plays one of Jack Sugden’s kids off Emmerdale on the South stand by a complete randomer. “Look it’s that lad from Emmerdale?”. Me: “I wouldn’t know, last time I watched it, Luke was jilted at the alter”.

Last time I watched it Annie Sugden was looking for grandad's slippers, and Lesley Manville was in it.

Last time I watched it Annie Sugden was looking for grandad's slippers, and Lesley Manville was in it.

Years ago Bert and Co stopped at a country pub on the way to Oldham.
It was packed with Unitedites.

The public phone on the wall rang, a lad answered by saying "Amos Bearley, licencee and proprietor Woolpack Inn"

He was around the pool the other year when I went away, it was weird seeing him in his swimmers, didn’t recognise him without an anorak!

He just got an “up the Blades” from me and that was it. Photos with ‘famous’ people is something for kids in my opinion.

Peter Barlow is a recovering alcoholic. It's irresponsible to be encouraging him to be in the Railway.

80s 90s , away games we used to pull up on junction 28, M1
ALOT of blades Mansfield, Sutton in Ashfield way got on same Ripley, Belper.
Maybe he was one of them.
Plymouth away around 86 a money night bank holiday loads of east mids blades were there .
I spent the night in Ripley nick last Monday!

It can be trying sometimes but I've learned to live with it. 😄

Back
Top Bottom