Old Photos For No Reason Whatsoever

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Attachments

• seventeen-year-old-jimmy-greaves-of-chelsea-who-has-played-several-times-for-the-england-under...jpg
    seventeen-year-old-jimmy-greaves-of-chelsea-who-has-played-several-times-for-the-england-under...jpg
    122 KB · Views: 9

A forgotten Blades away kit?!?

Yellow with black chevrons.

Somehow I think this encounter with the emerging Clough & Taylor’s Forest ended in a 6-1 battering of the Blades in the second tier beside the Trent!?!

31243861130_f493c4e829_k.jpg

Possibly:

Cliff Calvert; Frank Clarke, Larry Lloyd; Neil Webb.

?

PS: I’d be pretty confident the next frame would show Calvert, Clarke and the ball in a pile against the advertising hoardings beside the goal.

Last edited:

Somehow I think this encounter with the emerging Clough & Taylor’s Forest ended in a 6-1 battering of the Blades in the second tier beside the Trent!?!

I haven't forgotten it and never will. My favourite kit ever ever ever. With a cherry on top. And Hundreds & Thousands.

Possibly:

?

PS: I’d be pretty confident the next frame would show Calvert, Clarke and the ball in a pile against the advertising hoardings beside the goal.
Isn't this kit most famous for the fact Palarse had to wear it once due to the ref determining their kit clashed too much with ours and they hadn't brought a change?

Possibly:

?

was at that 6 - 1 game albeit we were 2 down when we got in due to not leaving the pub just outside nottingham early enough always went on that big terrace at the city ground but that day went on open end behind goal lots of trouble that day on said terrace

Possibly:

?

John Robertson not Neil Webb who was a schoolboy at Reading at the time

Back
Top Bottom