Old Photos For No Reason Whatsoever

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

pmGnBjJM02MYpIkmB4tTSSiYeStWpxjujUMgYojZnuG3MmtwOIThoonXBKaf0oRMVYdiK89D4OKX0Nju_uPwib5E23Uk0wetfCN5fWGuaF3VCAr-QthxV8fWfCGDExqlU1p2wLEaZqS-9CDgM23Zbn4PYnIZj-qnc_zgKhnBYA4WRHNgchROJifPveDa1cPrcPEHgmQ9nV8VyII8Kf1vzA71DNxDzHr77Im4O6cjcwWS-PECPblL=s0-d-e1-ft

And Derby came as Champions.

Big feight on the pitch before the police were in the stadium. All a bit surreal as both ends had a few in but the side stands were nearly empty. They ran towards the Shoreham, we were over the railings and met them at the 18 yard box and after a couple of minutes battling, they ran back to the away end.

View attachment 161088

“Blades relegated by chelsea.11/5/1968 at Bramall Lane. The old cricket pitch and pavilion in the background.”

I was there and it has to be said that Chelsea did everything they could to give us a result but even then we couldn’t take advantage of it .

Birch ran around all afternoon giving us cheap free kicks and a possible penalty and Peter Osgood ( what a player ) looked distinctly embarrassed to have to tap the ball in after a series of defensive fuck ups .

Just another character building experience in the life of being a Blades supporter . :)

Eric, Harry, Acker and Joe.

A lot of our members won't have a clue who Acker Bilk was, nor what a great jazz musician he was. Probably won't even have heard his signature tune, Stanger on the Shore.

Soulful, even heart-rending tune performed on one of the most underrated of the woodwind instrument family.

One of the most versatile instruments in the band when in the hands of a maestro such as Acker Bilk or Glen Miller.

Beautiful.

Last edited:

View attachment 161088

“Blades relegated by chelsea.11/5/1968 at Bramall Lane. The old cricket pitch and pavilion in the background.”
I had the honour of getting changed in the Pavilion before i played in a match at BL - It was the supporters club u15 final in 1974 (could have been 75) played before the last game of the season V QPR (1-1 I think) . We lost 3-0 to Eckington but I'm dammed sure they had some over age ringers in their team - either that or we were crap.

I had the honour of getting changed in the Pavilion before i played in a match at BL - It was the supporters club u15 final in 1974 (could have been 75) played before the last game of the season V QPR (1-1 I think) . We lost 3-0 to Eckington but I'm dammed sure they had some over age ringers in their team - either that or we were crap.
Did you play for Anston?

A lot of our members won't have a clue who Acker Bilk was, nor what a great jazz musician he was. Probably won't even have heard his signature tune, Stanger on the Shore.

Soulful, even heart-rending tune performed on one of the most underrated of the woodwind instrument family.

One of the most versatile instruments in the band when in the hands of a maestro such as Acker Bilk or Glen Miller.

Beautiful.

Glen Miller played the trombone.Glen Miller.jpg

Artie Shaw was the clarinetist, band leader.Artie Shaw_Playing.jpg

I was there and it has to be said that Chelsea did everything they could to give us a result but even then we couldn’t take advantage of it .

Birch ran around all afternoon giving us cheap free kicks and a possible penalty and Peter Osgood ( what a player ) looked distinctly embarrassed to have to tap the ball in after a series of defensive fuck ups .

Just another character building experience in the life of being a Blades supporter . :)

That was my first season watching us and I remember being at that Chelsea game. I didn't quite understand the concept of relegation as a nipper but over the years, I've sadly learned to live with it.

Back
Top Bottom