Old Photos For No Reason Whatsoever

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Not that I was ever a fan of his but compared to Brewster , the signing of the much maligned Chris Guthrie could be considered to be an outstanding success .

In his time with us he managed a goal every 4 games as against the 1 in 36 (?) of our young millionaire superstar .
problem was he was a league 3 striker playing in league 1 was never good enough for the top division just usual cheap option by the united board we only needed a couple of top class players to be brought in after the 74/75 season for tc to stay and we would have been challenging for the title

problem was he was a league 3 striker playing in league 1 was never good enough for the top division just usual cheap option by the united board we only needed a couple of top class players to be brought in after the 74/75 season for tc to stay and we would have been challenging for the title
Rinse repeat rinse repeat

Not that I was ever a fan of his but compared to Brewster , the signing of the much maligned Chris Guthrie could be considered to be an outstanding success .

In his time with us he managed a goal every 4 games as against the 1 in 36 (?) of our young millionaire superstar .
Be fair, Guthrie isn't going to score anymore this season

Bramall Lane 1958 long before St Mary's roundabout

View attachment 125717
Thanks for posting this. My Great-Grandad was born in no. 3, court1 Bramall Lane, one of the back-to-back houses on the left and I've never seen a picture of the houses standing. Looks like they're just in the process of demolishing them here.

Thanks for posting this. My Great-Grandad was born in no. 3, court1 Bramall Lane, one of the back-to-back houses on the left and I've never seen a picture of the houses standing. Looks like they're just in the process of demolishing them he

Thanks for posting this. My Great-Grandad was born in no. 3, court1 Bramall Lane, one of the back-to-back houses on the left and I've never seen a picture of the houses standing. Looks like they're just in the process of demolishing them here.
I wonder if the Queen Adelaide, 32 Bramall Lane / Hermitage Street was still standing in 1958, guess it would be out of shot to the right, higher up, just about make out the Cricks,106 Bramall Lane.also

I wonder if the Queen Adelaide, 32 Bramall Lane / Hermitage Street was still standing in 1958, guess it would be out of shot to the right, higher up, just about make out the Cricks,106 Bramall Lane.also
I think the Queen Adelaide would have been right in the middle of the photo, so must have been demolished.

The photo below was from 1956, so must have gone straight after that, hence the reason for photographing it I assume.

1638439444469.png

I think the Queen Adelaide would have been right in the middle of the photo, so must have been demolished.

The photo below was from 1956, so must have gone straight after that, hence the reason for photographing it I assume.

View attachment 125760
Magnificent building, I imagine it would have been a pleasure to partake of a drink inside, TB

Star of Lemont was another pub, just behind the Queen Adelaide and was demolished at the same time.

1638441883022.png

In fact 4 pubs within spitting distance of each other at the bottom of Bramall lane were demolished for St Mary's road widening. There was also the Norfolk arms (the pile of bricks on Silent's original photo) and the Chantry Arms at 11 Bramall Lane.

Back
Top Bottom