Old Photos For No Reason Whatsoever

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Apologies all, recapping on the 'lost' police box Fitzalan Sq. post 22094 page 737.
Looking at this c1950 photo, it was across the road about where the camera stood in the original photo I posted.:)View attachment 120513
Only Sheffield council would redevelop it so it looks quite good again, then leave the 1980's vape kiosk on one corner! And did no-one think to make a feature of the brilliant maze of tram tracks uncovered during the development?? No, we'll make a feature of a crappy concrete kiosk instead. That'll bring in the shoppers who are bored with Manchester, Leeds and Newcastle! I don't usually get involved in these knock the council rants, but for that they deserve everything that gets chucked at 'em!!

Bears are man hunter/eaters.
Never let my children have teddy bears and that's why. People travel worldwide nowadays, you just think on parking your car or motorhome in the back of beyond
admiring the scenery. Let the kids out to run around and they see a couple of cute cuddly Bear cubs. Ahhh loook ! And off they go.
Mother bear follows instincts and it's goodnight Venice.
You try explaining why your party is now a pair light coming home.
I'm serious. Cousin went mountaineering in Yellowstone where they were not allowed to camp overnight. Bears being one reason.
Spent some effort dodging Ranger Smith. Bears are dangerous.
I know it's a serious point you make, but I couldn't help thinking about this as I read it:

I was there that night, put 5 past them didn't we? Sealed promotion. I remember leaving Sheffield to go and work at Butlins Minehead a couple of days later.

This was taken by my old mate Ron Sanderson I think. Sadly he died some years ago.
Bumped into Mick Pierpoint yesterday at a funeral, we discussed 'View from a Hill' at length.
The conversation was joined by another ex Park lad and quite a few names I'd not heard for years got chucked about. (Not that I'm ex Park but know loads of Park lads via football playing days).
However, my dad's side of family were Park residents from 1841 up to 1976 so my affinity is strong 🙂.

Bumped into Mick Pierpoint yesterday at a funeral, we discussed 'View from a Hill' at length.
The conversation was joined by another ex Park lad and quite a few names I'd not heard for years got chucked about. (Not that I'm ex Park but know loads of Park lads via football playing days).
However, my dad's side of family were Park residents from 1841 up to 1976 so my affinity is strong 🙂.
Saw Mick at the reunion of Park Hill a couple of weeks ago. Smashing lad.

Reactions: LSF

Back
Top Bottom