Old Photos For No Reason Whatsoever

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

This type of vessel, look way top heavy, I would be reticent to travel on one, though the cruising does appeal to me.
Great way to holiday XM, provided you can cope with ... Covid, legionnella, Novo virus, Diarrhea, Salmonella, Tsunamis, Icebergs, sunken reefs, rapid weight gain and constant pestering by the crew to participate in stupid games .....

Great way to holiday XM, provided you can cope with ... Covid, legionnella, Novo virus, Diarrhea, Salmonella, Tsunamis, Icebergs, sunken reefs, rapid weight gain and constant pestering by the crew to participate in stupid games .....

I've done a few cruises, never got problems with any of that list except the weight gain. The food is Amazing!

Got carried away there, soz. Alright you at the back, maybe I ought to be carried away but came on to post this photo. Is it still around or has it been scrapped?View attachment 116687
It was withdrawn in November 1963 and scrapped in December of that year. I’ve no idea of the whereabouts of the nameplates but they’ll be worth a fortune.

It was withdrawn in November 1963 and scrapped in December of that year. I’ve no idea of the whereabouts of the nameplates but they’ll be worth a fortune.
I believe someone who worked at Firth Vickers once told me they made an alternative nameplate set in Stainless Steel, again I'm told they hang in the Cutler's Hall.
The same person also told me that the City of Sheffield was Christened at the Midland station by Shirley Temple, don't shoot the messenger.

Just looked through a bag full of old pennies, farthings and three penny bits, oldest 1797, on eBay for 99p no bids. “ Bugger”. Thought mi boat had come in. Apparently 1936 is special , not certain but hardly any made for some reason.

Just looked through a bag full of old pennies, farthings and three penny bits, oldest 1797, on eBay for 99p no bids. “ Bugger”. Thought mi boat had come in. Apparently 1936 is special , not certain but hardly any made for some reason.
Oh yeah, I read about this. Can't remember what it was though. Might have been sommat to do with the abdication?

Think the 1933 penny is the expensive one, on par with Del Boys Harrison pocket watch I believe.

Oh yeah, I read about this. Can't remember what it was though. Might have been sommat to do with the abdication?
I think it was. Badboy Edward VIII, thought Adolf was quite a good chap, succeeded to the throne in 1936. He abdicated ( I think before the year was out), replaced by the quiet and stammering George VI, who was less likely to sanction jackboots and death camps than his predecessor. There may have been coins with Nazi Ted's head on, but there can't have been many!

I just read up on the Coronation Class loco's and it hadn't twigged, Coronation Class and this18d61d4d86c8e7b7beb3db1b68460e21.jpg
As a toddler had a cardboard paged book on trains and a blue liveried one was on the front, thundering out of a tunnel.
A very early memory

Attachments

• LMS Coronation Class (2).jpg
    LMS Coronation Class (2).jpg
    309.4 KB · Views: 11
    309.4 KB · Views: 12
    309.4 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
I believe someone who worked at Firth Vickers once told me they made an alternative nameplate set in Stainless Steel, again I'm told they hang in the Cutler's Hall.
The same person also told me that the City of Sheffield was Christened at the Midland station by Shirley Temple, don't shoot the messenger.
I like a little artistic licence.
I can see the Star head line.......'Shirley names Sheffield steamer'

I just read up on the Coronation Class loco's and it hadn't twigged, Coronation Class and thisView attachment 116841
As a toddler had a cardboard paged book on trains and a blue liveried one was on the front, thundering out of a tunnel.
A very early memory
Bloody hell it wouldn't load, and now you have it in triplicate.
Book cover was almost identical to coloured photo.

I was just standing just right of the goal. the united player just obscures the view. right at the front of the kop.
I remember me and other kids were shouting West go East to the Everton goalkeeper.

I just read up on the Coronation Class loco's and it hadn't twigged, Coronation Class and thisView attachment 116841
A very early memory
That was the streamlined version, when that was removed it looked like the City of Sheffield in the original photo.
They didn’t all have the streamlining, some had the blue livery as shown in your picture whilst others were in lined LMS red (known as crimson lake.)

Back
Top Bottom