Old Photos For No Reason Whatsoever

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

looks like leeds road and thats the cowshed end that 5k blades took over boxing day 69 udders fans were chased off their end on to that big open terrace by the shoreham boot boys lol
One of them nicked Bert's scarf after the game.
He's hated them ever since, plus we lost that day.

One of them nicked Bert's scarf after the game.
He's hated them ever since, plus we lost that day.
oh dear bert lost 2 - 1 that day not certain but think gil reece got our goal think we were 2 down that day silent will be along to correct me if im wrong all i can remember about that boxing day game was the thousands of blades fans taking over their end

oh dear bert lost 2 - 1 that day not certain but think gil reece got our goal think we were 2 down that day silent will be along to correct me if im wrong all i can remember about that boxing day game was the thousands of blades fans taking over their end
Bert still has the programme in his garage. Frank Worthington was their main man.

The one thing that all those photos have in common is the amount of terraced houses around the grounds.

Bert still has the programme in his garage. Frank Worthington was their main man.
think he might have scored bert wasnt trevor cherry in that team as well ? can remember the stink from the local gas works it was putrid

Yes, Reece scored. Dont know who scored first as it was just before I became a committed Blade

think we were in a good position in 1970 to finish top 2 but got a feeling we lost somat like 5 out of last 6 games that season might be wrong on that though silent
Yes, lost 4 games in a row in March (Boro, Leicester, Bolton and Blackpool)

Anyone for a 'guess the ground from a 1950 picture'?

View attachment 116237
Thanks for posting Ewood Park photo, solved the riddle of which match and where, knowing the year, this team photo was taken at. The stand is the solution.
1951-52 AB-F.E. Smith centre forward.jpg
1951-52 Aug 19 Ewood Park W 1-5 HT0-2 Ringstead-2, Cox, Hawksworth and F. E. Smith.
Albert Cox, THE original wing back.
Back row LtoR Furness-Latham-Burgin-Cox-J. Shaw-Hitchin
Front row LtoR Ringstead-Brook-F.E. Smith-Hagan-Hawksworth

Back
Top Bottom