Old Photos For No Reason Whatsoever

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Punk night. Did anyone else hate Punk music? . Once saw the Sex Pistols in their early days must have been 76/77 at the Halfway at Highgate. Advertised as the new band and music set to get Britain going. Certainly did get everyone going, never seen a pub empty as fast in my life,after 10 minutes only me and my girlfriend( now wife) left in the place apart from a table of 9/10 “Punk Rockers”as they would become named ,swearing and gossing at each other. We finally sneaked out when they did a rendition of The Who,s Substitute. Never heard anything as bad in my life, Johnny Rotten had a pink coloured jumper on that would have fit 3 people who have been on lockdown for 3 month. Truly awful band and music. Nowt like a early morning moan.

Not the right thread for a ding dong mate, so if you want to rant about punk, do it elsewhere.

His Right Royal Bertness created it as a civilised bastion of old stuff for farts (young and old alike).

Not the right thread for a ding dong mate, so if you want to rant about punk, do it elsewhere.

His Right Royal Bertness created it as a civilised bastion of old stuff for farts (young and old alike).
Your first paragraph Sounds very much like a title from a punk band song.🤮😂😂.

View attachment 97230Look!!! The Footballing Gods, bet there on there way to Bramall Lane.:(
Match April 12 1947 1-1 Carter for England.
At a guess XM, this game could be one of the first internationals since WW2, as the UK struggled to get back to normality.
As for the footballing God's, if they're on their way to the Lane they had best look sharp and get here quick !!!

View attachment 97230Look!!! The Footballing Gods, bet there on there way to Bramall Lane.:(
Match April 12 1947 1-1 Carter for England.
George Hardwick the England captain. Dont know who is the Scotland captain. George was one of the few footballers around the time that had a tache. Gil Merrick was another one.

A discussion about tastes in music should never descend into a ding dong, it’s about personal taste. Probably better to do it on Entertainment Chat though. I might start a thread.

I found this in my old mum's photos recently. Jimmy Hagan presenting a darts trophy to one of my uncles.
View attachment 97241
Note the Yorkshire dart board in the background.
Jimmy Hagan looks at peak fitness, is there a date? Please. Top photo. :D
Noted Yorkshire board. Is it my imagination or am I right in saying there was a 'Sheffield board', smaller in size than the Yorks' and treble boards?🤔

Jimmy Hagan looks at peak fitness, is there a date? Please. Top photo. :D
Noted Yorkshire board. Is it my imagination or am I right in saying there was a 'Sheffield board', smaller in size than the Yorks' and treble boards?🤔
I haven't got a date I'm afraid. My old dad used to make reference to a 'Sheffield board' but I think this is what is in the picture. The only other reference to a local dart board I know of is the Manchester 'Log end' board which is much smaller in diameter to a normal board.

I haven't got a date I'm afraid. My old dad used to make reference to a 'Sheffield board' but I think this is what is in the picture. The only other reference to a local dart board I know of is the Manchester 'Log end' board which is much smaller in diameter to a normal board.
One or two pubs in Lincoln still have a black doubles board which has to be soaked every now and again.

Got my cities mixed up, that's the one 'Manchester' board, ta, and as you say the doubles only board was known as Sheffield and/or Yorkshire board, presumably where ever you lived in the country.

Terry Mancini. Yes 28/12/74
Wasn't there a Mancini who played for Spurs at one time? Remember him with a good head of dark hair looking, as the name suggests Italian. If so could it be the same player, I'll look it up.

Terry Mancini. Yes 28/12/74
Wasn't there a Mancini who played for Spurs at one time? Remember him with a good head of dark hair looking, as the name suggests Italian. If so could it be the same player, I'll look it up. Sorry for double post problems with internet connection.

Back
Top Bottom