Old Photos For No Reason Whatsoever

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I think I went to that game v Palace. They scored first, we equalised and Peter Beagrie got the winner. What a bloody ground to get to. Either all the way down the M25 and back up or through central London. I'm sure there were easier routes
Sept 1986? Beagrie scored first, Palace equalised and Frain scored the winner.

Sept 1986? Beagrie scored first, Palace equalised and Frain scored the winner.
If the shirt ad., Arnold Laver, is the same as the red/white shirt, black letters straight onto shirt, Historical Kits, there is a good chance the photo is of the 1985/86 season. May 3rd 1-1 Edwards. The 1986/87 shirt ad. was set in a white rectangle on the red/white shirt. Would be good if someone has details of change kits and there add on details. Historical Kits mooted covering 2nd kits but nothing has been done as yet. Whilst we're on 1980's anyone know this match? Believe it's 1984/85 Feb 2 Grimsby, won 0-2 but Cockrill didn't score as appears in the photo.1983-86 Away sponsor Laver and Simmonds.png

5867e74a333d3_RagTagMarketSheffield.jpg.365b8b315d85a5f5aab6fcf781388480.jpg

Used to love the atmosphere down the old market when I was a kid. Got a white mouse from Ogley's (called him Monty, don't know why)
Was it because he couldn't trap a bag of cement or run around his cage aimlessly all day? ;)

If the shirt ad., Arnold Laver, is the same as the red/white shirt, black letters straight onto shirt, Historical Kits, there is a good chance the photo is of the 1985/86 season. May 3rd 1-1 Edwards. The 1986/87 shirt ad. was set in a white rectangle on the red/white shirt. Would be good if someone has details of change kits and there add on details. Historical Kits mooted covering 2nd kits but nothing has been done as yet. Whilst we're on 1980's anyone know this match? Believe it's 1984/85 Feb 2 Grimsby, won 0-2 but Cockrill didn't score as appears in the photo.View attachment 61490
Yes, Grimsby. There is you tube footage of the goals

This is Mick (Potty) Edwards. This was a family run business and they would gather a crowd by throwing full sets of crockery between them while the price went forever downwards. Great entertainment.

View attachment 61496

I'd forgotten all about that, but I can remember it clearly now!

There was also a guy on there selling school bags and my mother got me a satchel for first year at secondary school. It will have been cheap but all she could afford - not leather is it? she said - better than leather that is love, it's alpenhide (or summat similar he said). Fell apart in about 3 months 😆

His son, Lance, was a regular DJ round the 70's, mainly at The Heartbeat.

Having had a strong connection with Sheffield Markets for the greater part of my life I find this photo very sad. Historically and traditionally Sheffield's market area, to see it flattened and grassed sums up the Councils ineptitude to organise by keeping and adapting the best whilst adding the new. Bulldoze and rebuild their only manner of work.
If the Council had Buck Palace and The Hanging Gardens Of Babylon in the city centre they'd knock it down and put up student accommodation.

There was also a guy on there selling school bags and my mother got me a satchel for first year at secondary school. It will have been cheap but all she could afford - not leather is it? she said - better than leather that is love, it's alpenhide (or summat similar he said). Fell apart in about 3 months 😆
SchiBought

I can. I bought a duffle bag. Cheap as chips. My late brother and i were on the way to midland Station to see united at Blackpool, must have been between 1967 to 1969.remember we both got chanced back to train station in Blackpool after match.

Just after beating Spurs 6-1 to pip Wendy for the 2nd promotion spot at the end of the 1938-39 season.

Back row; Harry Hampson (died of war wounds in 1940), Phil Henson, Jack Smith, Bobby Reid, Albert Cox
Front row; Livingstone (trainer), Alf Settle, Joe Carr (died at Dunkirk in 1940), Jimmy Hagan, Tommy Johnson, Arthur Eggleston.

Jack Pickering not in photo.

Back
Top Bottom