Old Photos For No Reason Whatsoever

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

View attachment 61658
Tony Field (?), v Stoke?
First time I have seen a photo of Stoke v Blades in October 1974. We lost 3-2, Badger got sent off. I remember being at boarding school and my dad writing to me about the match and that he was surprised to see us wearing an all blue kit. We also wore the same kit that season in the 0-0 draw at Liverpool, Arsenal and probaby at Boro (not seen a photo of the Boro match)

View attachment 61658
Tony Field (?), v Stoke?

I think it was Stoke, 1974-75. It's a pity that isn't in colour because that was our royal blue change kit for that season. Not dark blue, think more like Chelsea. :eek:

Update:

First time I have seen a photo of Stoke v Blades in October 1974. We lost 3-2, Badger got sent off. I remember being at boarding school and my dad writing to me about the match and that he was surprised to see us wearing an all blue kit. We also wore the same kit that season in the 0-0 draw at Liverpool, Arsenal and probaby at Boro (not seen a photo of the Boro match)

Apologies Silent. Didn't see your post.

Blades 3 Southampton 1 in Sept 1972. Reece's last game for us. He stormed out of the hotel at Workington a few days later after discovering that he wasnt to be in the starting line up in the League Cup match. He got transfer listed and not long after that he was transferred to Cardiff.

Blades 3 Southampton 1 in Sept 1972. Reece's last game for us. He stormed out of the hotel at Workington a few days later after discovering that he wasnt to be in the starting line up in the League Cup match. He got transfer listed and not long after that he was transferred to Cardiff.
What a waste of my favourite ever Blade.

Did you go to that? Just wondering how Tudor's goal was received by the fans on the Kop.
You can see from the goals in the below video (starting from 56 seconds). Before the match, my dad and I met John, his wife and his mother in law to have a chat. It was agreed that we would meet again after the match. I was shocked and upset at Tudor's winning goal (I was sat in BLUT). After the game, my dad said "come on, we are going to see John". I said "No!" . My dad told me to calm down explaining to me that he is paid by his club to score goals etc. I then calmed down and still had a face on when we met John again. My dad told him what had happened, John laughed and said "sorry about that!"

Back
Top Bottom