Old Photos For No Reason Whatsoever

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

v Aston Villa in 1899-1900 season. The Shoreham Street stand was knocked down about 7 or 8 years later due to safety reasons

View attachment 61287

I've posted before, but not sure if in here or other thread.

You can see this in real life! Looking at this shot, the current pukka stand capacity and this photo, look slightly different! There must be 3k in that corner!

Blades 4 WBA 3 in October 1966. Last match before the BLUT was open for spectators. Jimmy Hagan was WBA's manager. Note that we wore white shorts (we did that for home games between September and December 1966 and then for the whole of the 1967-68 except for the last game against Chelsea)

View attachment 61290
The first game that I attended on my own aged 10 and which wasn't out of the way in those halcyon days.

Blades 4 WBA 3 in October 1966. Last match before the BLUT was open for spectators. Jimmy Hagan was WBA's manager. Note that we wore white shorts (we did that for home games between September and December 1966 and then for the whole of the 1967-68 except for the last game against Chelsea)

View attachment 61290

Sat in a similar position for the Ipswich game last season, I wondered if they were the same lamps, it does look like they've changed them in the intervening years.

DSC_3146.JPG

Sat in a similar position for the Ipswich game last season, I wondered if they were the same lamps, it does look like they've changed them in the intervening years.

View attachment 61295
My 1st ever match was on BLUT as kid.

Never been on since. This is great shot, and though I was nearer middle and front (was empty so sit where you want!).

A superb view, which is my memory of it. There's no better view anywhere IMO. (though never sat in the pukka thing)

Ferryhill 'knocky-up boards' saved from ex-miners' homes
So they're going to bulldoze houses that have an interesting historical link at a time when the country is crying out for housing. How bad are they? They'll turn it into a park, whoopy do, don't worry, there's plenty of green belt for new housing estates.

5867e74a333d3_RagTagMarketSheffield.jpg.365b8b315d85a5f5aab6fcf781388480.jpg

Used to love the atmosphere down the old market when I was a kid. Got a white mouse from Ogley's (called him Monty, don't know why)

Back
Top Bottom