Norway Boss on Berge

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Didn’t Berge get slated the previous match for being crap ( played on the right)?

It was all hype with him. Rather sit him on the bench and give Coulibaly time.

Again, what a shame.

Time to accept he is Lundstram mk2

If Berge can't prove himself in the Championship then he has very little chance in the Premiership. It is not the club holding a player back, the player has the football pitch to show his skills and desire.
Totally poor shit talk from the Norwegian manager.
Bergen Blade to give some more info?
Exactly this. The only thing holding back is either his own ability or mindset - definitely not us.

He's cost us a ridiculous fee, and been paid way over his worth.

In his time with us he's been beneath us (on average), and not the other way around.

He's been on the up lately - fingers crossed.

My point is you used an average quality league to suggest it’s better quality

I said its laughable that the norway manager is saying the cahmpionship is poor when its better than all the leagues in scandanavia

Its probably league one level bar wednesday who are champions league quality

I said its laughable that the norway manager is saying the cahmpionship is poor when its better than all the leagues in scandanavia

Its probably league one level bar wednesday who are champions league quality
On what basis is it better

The Championship, IMO, Isn’t a good league, it’s entertaining for sure and good in that sense but it’s not good bar from the odd team each year

How that reflects on Berge time here and the expectations from the fans is probably something that will always just be interesting to read other opinions on and nothing more

in terms of the comments from Norway coach. You always want your players playing higher levels
It’s a shame the Norwegian manager can’t achieve higher levels.
Total failure at FC koln total failure at Wolves and one of the worse managerial records as Norway team manager.

Didn’t Berge get slated the previous match for being crap ( played on the right)?

Again, what a shame.

Nay ,hes not that bad, but it must be getting time to try Coulibally or Bogle in that position . But Heck seems a bit too loyal to certain players , both in terms of dropping them or subbing them off when they seem to be struggling

Maybe he should look more at his management skills 1 win in 6.
But at least they got a point against the mighty Georgia.

It’s a shame the Norwegian manager can’t achieve higher levels.
Total failure at FC koln total failure at Wolves and one of the worse managerial records as Norway team manager.
The world is full of failed managers who all rate players they feel could and should have gone further, put me in charge of England, I would still rather pick players from top European leagues than lower leagues, nature of the game

The world is full of failed managers who all rate players they feel could and should have gone further, put me in charge of England, I would still rather pick players from top European leagues than lower leagues, nature of the game
You’d probably do a better job than the numb nut Norwegian manager…my maté unfortunately a Wolves supporter says he was shocking

in terms of the comments from Norway coach. You always want your players playing higher levels

If that were the case then he'd be out if a job, when you have a top team and squad, you normally employ a manager with a proven track record of success*

He's a bit thick this Norway bloke isn't he, looking to sack himself?

*We've got an England manager, who shouldn't have the job as well, so I'm not boasting..

No international manager should comment on a player's form/situation at their club, it's disrespectful and insulting to that player's club, end of. National team's get a loan of the club's player's for there game's and that's it. He didn't have a go at man city for haland conveniently dropping out with injury from these game's, interesting to see if he plays on Saturday for city

If that were the case then he'd be out if a job, when you have a top team and squad, you normally employ a manager with a proven track record of success*

He's a bit thick this Norway bloke isn't he, looking to sack himself?

*We've got an England manager, who shouldn't have the job as well, so I'm not boasting..
I imagine any international manager would rather have his chosen( however many in a squad) playing in the highest leagues

As for Southgate, well that’s a whole different rabbit hole, I’m in the camp that if England tried to go out and win tournaments like Brazil do they wouldn’t get far

But that’s just my view, I know many think England could beat anyone playing this fantastic style of football, who knows

Can't forgive Southgate for the Italy final, we saw what he was made of, backing the team down when we should have won by 4..

A disgrace..

No not underestimate the quality and professionalism of the current England squad, he's not up to thier standard.

Hi Stegosaurus here

Berge has so far failed to justify his price. Another case of Wilder spaffing money up the wall

Well, it’s over to you Sander. You’ve got the perfect opportunity to showcase your talents to a world wide audience coming very soon.

It’s fair enough, though, isn’t it? He’s saying Sander shouldn’t be playing in the Championship next season. Given his age and the expectations around him, it’s hard to argue with that. I think you could argue about whether he’s performed enough this year to show he’s better than the Championship, but that’s a different discussion.

If Berge can't prove himself in the Championship then he has very little chance in the Premiership. It is not the club holding a player back, the player has the football pitch to show his skills and desire.
Totally poor shit talk from the Norwegian manager.
Bergen Blade to give some more info?

As highgreeninjapan says Solbakken is quoted saying "The next step from him must be to move up from the Championship".

So if we, Sheffield United, get promoted this season, Solbakken says Berge shouldn't make a summer move to (for example) Hull City.

If we miss out on promotion this season, Solbakken's career advice is to join a higher league.

I also think Sheffield United will want Berge to go this summer if we don't win promotion. We'd need to cut costs and some money to rebuild.

He's ranked 21st best player in the Championship by Fotmob and 34th by whoscored. Clearly an overrated showpony. FWIW that's 4th and 6th best United player respectively. Oli Norwood is ranked best by both; Max Lowe is above Berge in both as well.

Fotmob
1 Norwood
2 Lowe
3 Ahmedhodzic
4 Berge
5 Ndiaye
6 Egan
7 McBurnie
8 Basham
9 Baldock
10 Doyle

Whoscored
1 Norwood
2 McBurnie
3 Ndiaye
4 Ahmedhodzic
5 Lowe
6* Berge
7* Robinson
8* Egan
9* Bogle
10* Basham

*Clark is ranked 6th by whoscored but I've excluded him as he's only played 650 minutes.
I'm stunned by those rating to be honest.

Ndiaye should be top, Fodderingham should be high up, Clark and Basham shouldn't be in the top ten, Egan should be above Berge. so that's 6 out of 10 they've got miles out

I'm stunned by those rating to be honest.

Ndiaye should be top, Fodderingham should be high up, Clark and Basham shouldn't be in the top ten, Egan should be above Berge. so that's 6 out of 10 they've got miles out
Joke innit ,sometimes think our manager must pick the team from statistics , rather than what he sees

On a side note..

The pure jealousy of having sander at the club has brought the porkys out in force on this thread hasn't it.. 😂

It must be killing them 🐷🐷 bastards fucking it all up in league one..

Again, what a shame.

I actually watched the game and he was one of the better players. He didn't look out of place at all amongst the Spanish players and Norway were on top for long periods before he was subbed and they fell apart.

Lundstram mk2 jesus christ 😂 it's time to take the Nick Montgomery poster down son

I actually watched the game and he was one of the better players. He didn't look out of place at all amongst the Spanish players and Norway were on top for long periods before he was subbed and they fell apart.

Lundstram mk2 jesus christ 😂 it's time to take the Nick Montgomery poster down son

You may need new glasses.

He didn't even touch the ball or try and get involved or influence the game whatsoever in the first 30 minutes.

Even the Norway media said he was piss poor.. nevermind the Norway fans on Twitter lol.

As highgreeninjapan says Solbakken is quoted saying "The next step from him must be to move up from the Championship".

So if we, Sheffield United, get promoted this season, Solbakken says Berge shouldn't make a summer move to (for example) Hull City.

If we miss out on promotion this season, Solbakken's career advice is to join a higher league.

I also think Sheffield United will want Berge to go this summer if we don't win promotion. We'd need to cut costs and some money to rebuild.
There seems to be an unfortunate underlying perception that Berge is too good for Sheffield United.

He's not doing us a favour by staying here and he's not carrying the team. If anything he's retained his place when others may have lost theirs.

Perhaps Solbakken thinks the United midfield is Berge + 2 others. I
Yet if we lined up with Doyle, Norwood and McAtee for the next game, there would be little controversy around that.

I know you're a good lad, Bergen and that he is your compatriot so I wouldn't blame you in the slightest if you were irked by criticism of Norway, Norwegians or the Norway national team.

But I think most sensible national managers would just stay away from this topic. Berge doesn't need Solbakken's career advise and it's certainly not welcome at his club. He should focus on getting Berge to perform for Norway rather than worrying about his club situation.

There seems to be an unfortunate underlying perception that Berge is too good for Sheffield United.

He's not doing us a favour by staying here and he's not carrying the team. If anything he's retained his place when others may have lost theirs.

Perhaps Solbakken thinks the United midfield is Berge + 2 others. I
Yet if we lined up with Doyle, Norwood and McAtee for the next game, there would be little controversy around that.

I know you're a good lad, Bergen and that he is your compatriot so I wouldn't blame you in the slightest if you were irked by criticism of Norway, Norwegians or the Norway national team.

But I think most sensible national managers would just stay away from this topic. Berge doesn't need Solbakken's career advise and it's certainly not welcome at his club. He should focus on getting Berge to perform for Norway rather than worrying about his club situation.

I don't think my nationality is relevant. Objectivity is a big deal for me. The reason why I think that midfield is sub-optimal is the players' complementary attributes. I think Doyle and Norwood are a bit too similar, and the difference when Doyle has been asked to playmake from deep (compared to more attacking roles) is huge IMO. We have a 43% win percentage when both of them starts, compared to 66% when both do not start. Doyle, Norwood and McAtee as a trio have started two league games, the 1-3 defeat at Stoke and the 3-3 home draw against Blackpool. I try to never write off players and combinations, but this shows that Hecky may have reservations about them three as well. For the record, I have loads of reservations about Berge as a player too and have mentioned them several times.

But being able to read Norwegian is a relevant skill when it comes to assessing the quote from Solbakken. There have been English versions of that original article, which have changed the quote with the intended or unintended effect that United fans have been angered.

Back
Top Bottom