Norway Boss on Berge

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Yeah, he’s always saying this, the silly old cunt.

Unless he’s going to pry the transfer window open with a crowbar then nothing much is really going to happen.

Solbakken does need to wind his fucking neck in, but is probably right in so far as Berge needs a fresh start, but it is hard to imagine PL clubs queuing up in the summer, unless he somehow dazzles for this last handful of games and really helps to get us over the line.

I have defended him in the past, and maintain that when he can be arsed, he can turn a game in our favour. But we seem to get little more than 10-15 minutes each match where he looks genuinely motivated, with the rest seeing him nesh tackles and switch off to his opponent's movements.

It is also hard to see how he could cope with the 1 on 1 physicality of the Premier League. Whilst the game itself isn't anywhere near as rough at that level, he won't be able to swat any opposing players like he has shown he can do here, again all too infrequently.
He might benefit from a change of scenery. I.e. perhaps a league that is less intense.

But to suggest it should be higher up the pyramid when he probably only just scrapes into our top half a dozen performers is well wide of the mark.

Sander looks good on the tin. But he needs to show his quality far more regularly.

well unless berge puts improved performances in nobody is coming in for him rather than critisising our style of play the norway manages needs to encourage him to play better for us and he might then get a move away just stupid comments from a manager whos league 1 level at the most if he was managing in england

From watching Sander while he's been with us he has the talent and physically imposing size (although that part he certainly doesn't use) to dominate the Championship of the standard it is. He should run the midfield every time he plays regardless of opposition.
I have no idea why he doesn't. Maybe it's to do with the couple of injuries he's had or playing in positions he doesn't like, I really don't know.
He doesn't come across as having a bad attitude, more so he massively lacks confidence in himself. Lord knows what the coaching staff think, he must frustrate the hell out of them but I don't think they're ever going to solve what "it" is.

From watching Sander while he's been with us he has the talent and physically imposing size (although that part he certainly doesn't use) to dominate the Championship of the standard it is. He should run the midfield every time he plays regardless of opposition.
I have no idea why he doesn't. Maybe it's to do with the couple of injuries he's had or playing in positions he doesn't like, I really don't know.
He doesn't come across as having a bad attitude, more so he massively lacks confidence in himself. Lord knows what the coaching staff think, he must frustrate the hell out of them but I don't think they're ever going to solve what "it" is.
He just doesn’t possess the mentality you need to be a top player. Simply put, he’s too nice.

Like my mate says, Sander Berge is only good when we’re winning.

He shouldn’t worry he will probably be out off a job soon. Must be a shocking manager to be getting such poor results with such a talented squad.

Shit league? When he was managing in it, he had one of the strongest squads near the bottom of the league. He's doing an absolute shit job with a golden Norway squad. Guy needs to get his own house in order the absolute 🤡🤡🤡

Apart from the odd charge past a defender I think it's a myth that he is a class player.
He's ranked 21st best player in the Championship by Fotmob and 34th by whoscored. Clearly an overrated showpony. FWIW that's 4th and 6th best United player respectively. Oli Norwood is ranked best by both; Max Lowe is above Berge in both as well.

Fotmob
1 Norwood
2 Lowe
3 Ahmedhodzic
4 Berge
5 Ndiaye
6 Egan
7 McBurnie
8 Basham
9 Baldock
10 Doyle

Whoscored
1 Norwood
2 McBurnie
3 Ndiaye
4 Ahmedhodzic
5 Lowe
6* Berge
7* Robinson
8* Egan
9* Bogle
10* Basham

*Clark is ranked 6th by whoscored but I've excluded him as he's only played 650 minutes.

Solbakken not aware that the Championship is one of the best leagues in the world? Think he's bitter.

To be fair, a lot of us have said Sander would probably suit the Italian league better (for example)... Which may be true. But Solbakken is being a bit of a knob.

think it was obvious hed have gone in January if some club had made a decent offer
He has skills but rarely puts in the mileage on the park

when you watch the engine on such as Doyle he looks pedestrian by comparison
if he was in a team who assigned a protective work horse for him hed look incredible

Shit league? When he was managing in it, he had one of the strongest squads near the bottom of the league. He's doing an absolute shit job with a golden Norway squad. Guy needs to get his own house in order the absolute 🤡🤡🤡

I wonder if this is part of his criticisms of The Championship. He badly failed when he managed in it so believes it was less to do with his methods and more to do with the style of football being played by other teams in it.

For those interested. Basically suggesting Sander should leave us and ply his trade elsewhere.

Me thinks he should wind his neck in and keep his opinions on the matter to himself.

The irony that the championship is better quality than all the leagues in Scandinavia put together

What a pillock, he’s our player and we pay his wages, he’s said multiple times he’s happy here and has never forced a move. Needs to wind his neck in.

Basically he said Championship style football doesn't suit Sander.

I think it's more a case of our style doesn't suit Sander....or should I say didn't....he appears to be starting to flourish in the no-Nowrood & Fleck formation and if we keep to that I expect he will be one of our strongest performers if not the strongest in the run-in.

If anything the championship should be good for Berge cause he needs toughening up but unfortunately he just doesn't have it in him.

I wonder if this is part of his criticisms of The Championship. He badly failed when he managed in it so believes it was less to do with his methods and more to do with the style of football being played by other teams in it.
This is the problem absolutely nailed on. He's bitter that he failed and has a gripe with the league.

On 11 May 2012, English club Wolverhampton Wanderers announced that Solbakken was to become their new manager. Solbakken failed to stop the club's slump that had brought relegation and despite at one time lifting the club to third place, they had slumped as low as 18th by the turn of the year. He was sacked on 5 January 2013 following an FA Cup elimination by at that time non-league Luton Town, which was his fourth consecutive defeat.
English football isn’t for everyone.

If Berge can't prove himself in the Championship then he has very little chance in the Premiership. It is not the club holding a player back, the player has the football pitch to show his skills and desire.
Totally poor shit talk from the Norwegian manager.
Bergen Blade to give some more info?
He was dropped by Norway for a 3/10 display Norway despite having some top class players did not qualify for the World Cup and have started terribly inthis qualifying campaign Maybe he should concentrate on his own job

To be fair we can probably all understand the Norway manager's comments, however, if we're in the Prem next season then I don't. I wouldn't say he's a top 10 premiership player so a club like us in the Prem is probably about right.

The Championship, IMO, Isn’t a good league, it’s entertaining for sure and good in that sense but it’s not good bar from the odd team each year

How that reflects on Berge time here and the expectations from the fans is probably something that will always just be interesting to read other opinions on and nothing more

in terms of the comments from Norway coach. You always want your players playing higher levels

Back
Top Bottom