Norway Boss on Berge

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

GymClassHero

Reaction score

For those interested. Basically suggesting Sander should leave us and ply his trade elsewhere.

Me thinks he should wind his neck in and keep his opinions on the matter to himself.

For those interested. Basically suggesting Sander should leave us and ply his trade elsewhere.

Me thinks he should wind his neck in and keep his opinions on the matter to himself.
It’s fair enough, though, isn’t it? He’s saying Sander shouldn’t be playing in the Championship next season. Given his age and the expectations around him, it’s hard to argue with that. I think you could argue about whether he’s performed enough this year to show he’s better than the Championship, but that’s a different discussion.

If Berge can't prove himself in the Championship then he has very little chance in the Premiership. It is not the club holding a player back, the player has the football pitch to show his skills and desire.
Totally poor shit talk from the Norwegian manager.
Bergen Blade to give some more info?

Last edited:
He'd be gone if someone had offered us a decent bid. They haven't and that's why he's still in The Championship. If he and his manager want him to move elsewhere then they should first work out why nobody is willing to pay money for him.

Unless this is recycled "news", didn't he say this last time. Mistakes go unpunished. If you want to tighten up your game you have to play against the best opposition. He had a point then. He has a point now.

I'm glad I get to see Sander in a United shirt but he's possibly destined for (even) greater things. It'd be good to see how far he can go.

Maybe should look in a mirror given they couldn't beat Georgia.

Maybe he should start suggesting that Haaland should join Real Madrid.

It's odd that he can't seem to find a position for him in the team that isn't attracting pelters from a number of Norway fans. Then on the other hand he thinks he should be dumping the Blades where some are even starting to question his place as a secured starter.

As has been said before, Berge is not even our top performer, we can't even use the excuse now that he's been injured and not had a decent run in the team..

Sanders performances should excel in this division if it isn't good enough for him, but they aren't are they, he's bang average 7 out of 10 games, and I'm being nice.

Tbh I think it's just an all round stupid and unnecessary comment... For a start it's nearly the end of the season and we are looking likely (sod off pessimists) to be playing Prem football next season.

Secondly, the transfer window is shut, so if he thinks he is able to persuade the footballing authorities to let Berge make a move now, and that he is able to negotiate a fee we would be willing to accept to a club willing to pay said fee then best of luck to him!

He'd be gone if someone had offered us a decent bid. They haven't and that's why he's still in The Championship. If he and his manager want him to move elsewhere then they should first work out why nobody is willing to pay money for him.

This, this and 100% this.

Why aren't there clubs falling over themselves trying to outbid each other to sign Sander...

Hint: it's nothing to do with Sheffield United

If clubs desperately wanted him he wouldn't be with us still.

But clubs aren't desperate for him and only putting out low-ball tentative offers.

Hecky is his manager. Soloiyuqerwulgrvcfyas is a crap manager who should find a job lower down the football pyramid. Take Haaland out of his team and it's another Malta.

The biggest fish that Berge is frying in his career is his wealth. That currently comes from, and will come from the domestic team that he plays for and how he manages his next move.

Playing for Norway is just the sprinkles on top of the doughnut.

As he strolls/ambles towards the end of his contract with us, his potential salary and signing on fee with his new club increases and the potential transfer fee that we receive decreases. That’s the big issue for Sander & his advisers and it looks like it’s being expertly managed.

In the bigger picture, rolling out every so often for a second rate international team that doesn’t qualify for tournaments is neither here nor there for the lad, nor is the advice of its manager.

Andy67 passes his pint to a mate saying, hold that…….

So last season the Norway manager said he needed to be playing top flight football. (Kinda fair enough)

This time he's saying that even though we are 2nd best team in this league he needs a better different, culture than our club.

I must admit I've often wondered if playing in a team with more quality around Berge may help him. But to be honest I think it's a funny argument because normally when you are playing at lower level you are able to shine too.

If I were hecky or the club I'd be phoning up Solbakken to tell him it's not his place to talk about our player.

Might be a fucking doozie if that manager studied how we have struggled over three years to get the best out of a player amongst our top signings. Having occasional flashes of 'keeping the ball' and running round full backs with practically zero end result doesn't make Berge suddenly into Michael Brown.

Plus the standout point is this. Which Premier League club does he think has a Sander Berge sized hole to fill and which formation or combination of players will he fit the bill with and turn into value for money? I'm struggling with this mesen. Even the tail end charlies at the moment have better players in their midfield who at least might be sloppy bobbar with cashews in it, but they put a shift in.

There's a fucking reason the bids have been low and sparse. It's because Berge is a middling Championship player with a hefty, undeserved price tag and reputation and was bought by a bit of a fool of a manager to fill a position we never had a vacancy for.

Oh, and he was made by Jacobs and can't head the ball.

pommpey

Maybe he should join Wimbledon and play about 10 games before heading back to Scandinavia because he wasn't good enough for the English league, just like he did

Solbakken does need to wind his fucking neck in, but is probably right in so far as Berge needs a fresh start, but it is hard to imagine PL clubs queuing up in the summer, unless he somehow dazzles for this last handful of games and really helps to get us over the line.

I have defended him in the past, and maintain that when he can be arsed, he can turn a game in our favour. But we seem to get little more than 10-15 minutes each match where he looks genuinely motivated, with the rest seeing him nesh tackles and switch off to his opponent's movements.

It is also hard to see how he could cope with the 1 on 1 physicality of the Premier League. Whilst the game itself isn't anywhere near as rough at that level, he won't be able to swat any opposing players like he has shown he can do here, again all too infrequently.

Sander has shown flashes of genius but has generally underperformed. His attendance needs to improve also.

Sounds like a school report, I know.

Back
Top Bottom