Norway Boss on Berge

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

If he is a lower half Premier League player then that's fine by me. Let's hope we can get other players of a similar standard for next season.

Hi Stegosaurus here

True. But, the way some bang on about him, and talk of teams like Arsenal being interested is ludicrous. He's a lower midtable plodder.

If we could guarantee all the money going in the transfer kitty, I'd say cash in. The 20 million we'd get would cover the signing of Coady and Kamara who we've been linked with plus leave some for another signing.

Hi Stegosaurus here

True. But, the way some bang on about him, and talk of teams like Arsenal being interested is ludicrous. He's a lower midtable plodder.

If we could guarantee all the money going in the transfer kitty, I'd say cash in. The 20 million we'd get would cover the signing of Coady and Kamara who we've been linked with plus leave some for another signing.
You're probably right ge isn't Arsenal level, but he is one of our best players and we can't afford to lose any of our better players.

Hi Stegosaurus here

Why would it be ludicrous for Arsenal to buy him??

I’m not here saying Berge is world class by any means, but neither is Party or Rice and us playing him possibly out of position his whole time here

And no I’m not saying he is same level of Party either or Rice, I’m saying it’s not ludicrous that teams like that wouldn’t

Right now all we can do is assume, right now the assumption understandably is as no one put a big offer in for him he isn’t worth it, which is fair enough

But as of now no one knows if offers came in and we said no, if teams put cheap offers in thinking we had to sell, if teams see him as a possible alternative and can wait a bit

no one knows

Why would it be ludicrous for Arsenal to buy him??
Hi Stegosaurus here,

Because he's nowhere near their level and, if they want a backup for the bench, there are better options for cheaper than the 20mil + price tag Berge would carry.

Hi Stegosaurus here,

Because he's nowhere near their level and, if they want a backup for the bench, there are better options for cheaper than the 20mil + price tag Berge would carry.
That’s your opinion, nowt wrong with that, but that’s all it is and nowt more, which is the point

You would need to know Berge current status amongst the prince and board to know if your statement is correct, which you don’t

we may have to wait for him to hit the market to get a good evaluation, I’m sure a full prem season should give us some more indications

We’ve made some really poor signings none have materialised to being great players or at least lived up to their billing just look at this listing which shows how bad our transfer policy was in the 2 years we had in the Premiership BUT this could give us hope for next season there’s no guarantee with our track record that expensive signings work. https://www.footballtransfers.com/en/teams/uk/sheffield-utd/transfers/most-expensive

You're probably right ge isn't Arsenal level, but he is one of our best players and we can't afford to lose any of our better players.
Stegosaurus doesnt know, he's never seen Berge play.....
but ask him about Barry banana....see's him play regularly.

Regards Berge, agree he's a bit of a conundrum, shows true moments of high quality and you sense he could be an asset even at Premier League level
The problem was, even at Championship level, he would regularly have halves where he would hardly touch the ball and kind of disappear.

Always had this theory he will fair better in the PL (where there's more time) than in the Championship, so will be interesting to see.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom