No loan players in

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Thought we needed some additional creativity to come in despite Saturdays performance. But not too concerned

It wouldn't have been anyone worthwhile anyway. I'd rather see the likes of McFadzean finally given a chance.

Discovering Blackman can play on the wing is better than any loan signing.
Spot on Sitters
That and his delivery from dead ball situations.
The balance and dynamic of the team looks better as well.
More pace in wide areas and with Miller in the side the front 2 look dangerous as a pairing.

Been bleating about him getting a chance for a couple of months now. Showed real promise in pre-season, then nothing!
He has been struggling with his foot injury that he picked up last season. He must be taking being a pro footballer seriously now as he was in Embrace last Saturday talking with my daughter and he didn't touch a drop of alcohol.

He has been struggling with his foot injury that he picked up last season. He must be taking being a pro footballer seriously now as he was in Embrace last Saturday talking with my daughter and he didn't touch a drop of alcohol.

Footballer + daughter = yikes!

I hope you chopped his pods off, just to be on the safe side?

Not too upset. It wasnt like Ronaldo was going to come. We would have ended up with someone no better than what we have. I would fetch Chappell back and give him a run in the team rather than bring a loanee in

Footballer + daughter = yikes!

I hope you chopped his pods off, just to be on the safe side?

LOL. She has known him for years(both went to Westfield)...she works at Embrace so sees and talks to alot of the young United players when they go in there(which is quite often) . She was also giving me regular updates on Madines antics in there a few months ago until he got banned from the city centre.

McFadzean,from what I can gather,has had to calm down his 'antics' especially as his foot injury was an impact injury from a non football related incident !

As in most windows we just don't get excited about them anymore!
The January window will be more about who can we keep rather than who we can bring in.

Maybe Danny's hand will be forced into trying some of the youngsters now, that can only be a good thing. It seems this is the only way they get a chance under him. Look how well Long has performed since coming in

I am delighted that Danny will have to try another kid. He was forced into playing George Long, so hopefully he can give someone else their wings, however much it upsets him.

http://audioboo.fm/boos/1073285-she...ny-wilson-on-deadline-day-and-injuries#t=0m1s

Not too disappointed personally, I'd at least like to see the squad players fail before we go for more short term signings.

Sorry Bergs, I don't agree. Wilson was clearly desperate to bring someone in but he's been overruled.
You need to let the manager "manage" and he's not being allowed to do that.
It's no use people saying "brilliant that means Chappel/McFadzean will get a chance to shine".
The reality is that it will be McAllister or Williams played out of position on the left wing while Flynn is out.
People will then criticise Wilson for being too defensive, when he's not even been given the option of signing an attacking left-sided forward.
Who says that a loan signing has to be a short term move anyway?
I get the impression that Wilson would like to sign someone (probably Gallagher) with a view to making it a permanent deal in January. That offers more stability than having squad players taking it in turns to fail.

Sorry Bergs, I don't agree. Wilson was clearly desperate to bring someone in but he's been overruled.
It's no use people saying "brilliant that means Chappel/McFadzean will get a chance to shine".
The reality is that it will be McAllister or Williams played out of position on the left wing while Flynn is out.
People will then criticise Wilson for being too defensive, when he's not even been given the option of signing an attacking left-sided forward.
I get the impression that Wilson would like to sign someone (probably Gallagher) with a view to making it a permanent deal in January. That offers more stability than having squad players taking it in turns to fail.

I don't get this idea of Chappell being the new messiah. He is 21 years old, has been a professional for 3 years and has yet to play a league game for the United. Neither Blackwell nor Speed nor Adams nor Wilson have thought he is good enough. I can't think why anyone else thinks he is (and that begs the question as to why he is still on our books!).

I don't get this idea of Chappell being the new messiah. He is 21 years old, has been a professional for 3 years and has yet to play a league game for the United. Neither Blackwell nor Speed nor Adams nor Wilson have thought he is good enough. I can't think why anyone else thinks he is (and that begs the question as to why he is still on our books!).

I don't think anyone is saying Chappell or whoever is the new messiah, however can they be any worse than what we are trying at the moment. McAllister playing left wing was just a joke on Tuesday and we nearly payed for it so why not give McFadzean or tonne or whoever plays left wing for the kids these days a chance to play in a position they are used to.

Gallagher is apparantly on very very silly money at Leicester, so I think he's out of reach in terms of a permanent transfer. The man who has the biggest budget in the division at his disposal and who has signed (on) every member of the first team squad, including wingers Tønne, McFadzean and Chappell should at least give a chance to one of them before drafting in another expensive one month player?

We didn't know what Blackman would be like on the wing a couple of weeks ago and we didn't know if Miller would score goals at this level either. Some people thought Porter was the worst player ever in a United shirt. I bet many were surprised to see Harriott hold his own against Notts County, maybe as surprised as they were when Tønne scored twice in two sub apparances more than a year ago. Sometimes you have to try things to find out, not just guess based on training and reserve games. Wilson has said this himself.

Having said that, I think it may be Cresswell who gets the chance on the left wing tomorrow, which will probably make me wish we'd signed a loan player as well.

If Cressy starts on the left tomorrow then all Wilson's hardwork in the previous two games is out the window in my opinion with regards to making us look sharper in attack.
Give the younguns a chance PLEASE!!
UTB
COYRWW

Wilson was clearly desperate to bring someone in but he's been overruled.

Where has Wilson said he has been over-ruled ? I've heard him say he has been given the 'green light' to sign players but I have seen nothing from him that says the board have changed their mind

Maybe Danny's hand will be forced into trying some of the youngsters now, that can only be a good thing. It seems this is the only way they get a chance under him. Look how well Long has performed since coming in
Maybe the youngsters aren't proving how good they are in the reserves ?

If the kids come in,show they aren't good enough and we lose, is that a good thing?

I trust DW to play the kids when they are ready....remember Long made his debut last seasson and struggled against Exeter

Back
Top Bottom