No future at the club....

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

You need to read up the definition of being owned.

Gives it large on Shoutbox calling out as ludicrous a quality post on here but has misread it completely.

When its referred to him he reads it again and misreads it again, comes back all aggressive and name-calling, gets it wrong again.

Referred again, reads 'with' as 'to' , gets it wrong again, more insults.

Deletes his Laughing Emoji on the original post.

Realises his mistakes, diverts, doesnt a cknowledge whatsoever.

Then questions usage of 'being owned' and gets it wrong.

Retreats to shell out more insults on Shoutbox.

No future for Shoutbox more to the point.

Gives it large on Shoutbox calling out as ludicrous a quality post on here but has misread it completely.

When its referred to him he reads it again and misreads it again, comes back all aggressive and name-calling, gets it wrong again.

Haven't got anything wrong, so don't see where any mistake has been realised.

Also I haven't deleted anything, so no idea where you're getting that crap from.

Talk about getting your post completely wrong, fancy trying again?

As the self appointed moderator on this forum, you could well do with looking at yourself here trying to stir the pot as per usual.

I think if we become "less gung ho" then we'd have less of a need for a Morrison type player personally. At the moment we are playing a more reserved style this season with a flat 3 with 1 or 2 bombing on when required than last where we had 1 constantly sat just behind the front 2 (apart from the odd game).

Morrison will not be a player for us in any season based on what he's shown so far apart from in the cup games, we are running out of these.

I disagree. I think (and there's no way I can guarantee this is what will happen, purely my own predictions) we'll start seeing us transition the ball better through the midfield and focus our attention away from just being a good team who likes to play down the wings and get crosses in - although this will still happen. This is where I see Ravel playing a key role, the player who can unlock defences centrally with a dribble or a decent through ball and be the fulcrum between both wings and defence and forwards.

To date, he's been played in the wrong position.

This is an intelligent and well-considered post. I'd err on the side of Robinson not being up to it. Tbh - when we signed him I was surprised because I'd seen him play in both matches against us for Preston and didn't think he was all that great and certainly not Prem quality). However, it is early days I agree but he's going to need to show a bit more desire amongst other things for me. There were times last week at Man City when he looked like he couldn't be arsed to press and chase the ball down - this is an automatic "fail" under Wilder. The general point about the whole squad evolving is a good one though. That's exactly what's happening and I think Wilder's got the pace of it right as well. We've seen how evolving the squad too quick (Fulham) doesn't work and how not evolving it much at all (Norwich) doesn't work. So, let the maestro carry on and see where he takes us (Wilder that is, not Robinson!).

It may well be the case with Robinson that he’s another Ricky Holmes/Lee Evans style signing that we’ve already outgrown. It’s probably fair to say if we hadn’t already signed him Wilder would have set his sights a bit higher in this window. I do wonder though whether given time he could become Didzy’s replacement as pre season he seemed to thrive with time and space on the ball between midfield & attack.

Agreed that he doesn’t put himself about enough when we don’t have the ball though which is a concern.

Louder for the slashers in the back!

The pace of the game is never going to be anything like the PL when

a) there's only 11k in the ground
b) 11 changes made
c) the opposition is non-league

I've seen far too many posts for my liking writing players careers' off after this match. Give it a rest...
Kieron Freeman, had a shocker against Barnet last season, but then as as he showed against West Brom can slot into the team perfectly well if called upon.
Ravel when in the opposition final third looked very dangerous, was unlucky to have a goal chalked off and carved out the opportunity for the 2nd goal... he's contributed more than most yesterday but seem's to be the whipping boy for some reason...
Osborn has not had enough 1st team practice at this new role he is being asked to do...
And so on and so forth.

My only cause for concern yesterday was Kean Bryan, nobody else. I haven't seen his stats but I imagine they don't make for very good reading. I don't remember him winning any of his duels, whether aerial or on the ground, didn't seem to know where to play in the system, and as discussed ended up clattering into the keeper when he should have left alone. In lieu of any positives at all, he really needs to hope he gets picked in the 4th round and show us all he has a future at this club.

Agreed re Bryan. I really can’t see what he offers. Doesn’t seem to be able to get up the pitch like Basham, his technical ability doesn’t particularly stand out and he looks a bit of a bombscare defensively.

It may well be the case with Robinson that he’s another Ricky Holmes/Lee Evans style signing that we’ve already outgrown. It’s probably fair to say if we hadn’t already signed him Wilder would have set his sights a bit higher in this window. I do wonder though whether given time he could become Didzy’s replacement as pre season he seemed to thrive with time and space on the ball between midfield & attack.

Agreed that he doesn’t put himself about enough when we don’t have the ball though which is a concern.

I agree. I was thinking yesterday that he could play the Duffy role even. From the video of his Preston goals he seemed to arrive late and go on. Duffy used to roam the flanks regularly.

Listen you fucking gimp.

The original post on Ravel stated that he needs a team built around him, but we won't..... However BiggerBladeThanThou then goes on to say we should hold on to him for next season as we will change our style to suit him.

This is basically saying we'll adopt how/who we play to suit ravel. Which I can assure you we wont.

If Ravel wants to play he's going to have to learn how to play like Lunny. He hasn't got the football IQ to do a Norwood, although according to some on here anyone can play the Norwood role

If Ravel wants to play he's going to have to learn how to play like Lunny. He hasn't got the football IQ to do a Norwood, although according to some on here anyone can play the Norwood role

But Scooter says there that according to BiggerBladeThanThou we will change our play to suit him, so what you say is irrelevant presumably !!!!??!

There's plenty of deadwood padding out the squad and the extent of the inevitable summer overhaul provides a good argument for getting in 2 or 3 permanent signings this month.

I'd rather only need 5 or 6 signings in the summer than 8 or 9.

As it stands the up to standard players we'll be left with in the summer are...

Basham, Egan, JOC, Baldock, Stevens, Norwood, Fleck, Lundstram, Osborn, L.Freeman, McGoldrick, Mousset, McBurnie

Only 14. And some of them might want to leave.

We need to be busy this month. Can't give ourselves an uphill battle in the summer.

Wilder overhauls every summer.
I wouldn't worry about panic buying in January.

I don’t see the need for panic. We are winning games and playing well.

It’s also worth remembering, particularly for people like Robinson (who doesn’t fit our system), that if:

a) Wilder leaves for a bigger club
b) the system stops working because teams figure it iht
c) JOC leaves or Bash gets a serious injury and we can’t find another centre half capable/willing to play this bizarre system

We will be playing a different system entirely anyway. Other players might suddenly be a lot more useful.

Of ALL of the new lads signed in the summer, only Moose could be considered as any better than meh.

OK at best.

So far at least. There is time for this to change 😀.

Assuming Sharp is indeed being phased out (looks that way), does anyone seriously believe we are well equipped in this area as things stand ?

Moose - appears more than useful but also has conditioning and stamina issues.

McB - Id better not say too much here for fear of triggering WWIII ! Suffice to say I believe he has much improving to do 😉.

Didz - well documented where the problem lies. Instrumental in lots of other ways though.

Robbo - ??? Striker, Winger, Bird, Plane ?? Answers on a postcard.

I personally find it incredulous as to the amount of pitch time our most potent goal scorer has had so far this season. Wilders stance appears to be “knock on my door and I’ll show you the door”, or alternatively “be happy with the bittiest of bit part roles or lump it”. Hardly the most inspiring of choices for a player, who for my money, has NOT looked out of place when he has had some pitch time.

Being a PL striker is mainly about the 5 Ss.

Speed.
Strength
Stamina
Skill
Scoring.

Is Wilder happy with what the current crop offer the squad as a whole, when considering these factors ??

I sincerely hope not !!!

UTB

I must have been watching a different game to most of you lot yesterday. I saw a team of 11 reserve players - the majority of whom have hardly kicked a ball in anger all season - convincingly beat a Conference side and come through a potential banana skin match. You tend to raise our lower your game depending on the opposition. I actually thought we played very well. We did what we had to do and comfortably won. Nobody would have argued had we gone in 3-0 up at half time. It was a stroll in the park for our players.

Of course many of these players are not up to 'starting every week' premier league players - that's why they are the backup squad! You know, stop gaps for injuries, suspensions etc. Sorry to disappoint guys, but we are not yet in the position where we have 8, 9 or 10 steady premier league starters in our back up squad. We are a work in progress 💪

Thank fuck we have CW AK etc in charge rather than some of the experts on here!

Last edited:
Why oh why do people think. Because we are in the prem it will suddenly need 42 points to stay up.
Since we were last relegated on gd with 38 points no one has needed 40
In fact 35 and 36 has secured safety for several clubs
I can't see us not getting a minimum of 12 points to hit 41 in the remaining 18 games which would leave us 15th or better

Because we are Sheffield United and wierd shit like that happens to us!

In what realm is a 2-1 win over Conference opposition a comfortable win?
In the same realm that a 2-0 defeat at Liverpool was a comfortable win for them. Liverpool were on a different stratosphere to us that night!'

Tufty also said he thought we were comfortble, so that'll do for me. Sorry if any of our resident experts disagree ;)

In the same realm that a 2-0 defeat at Liverpool was a comfortable win for them. Liverpool were on a different stratosphere to us that night!'

Tufty also described our 2-1 win as a comfortable win, so that'll do for me. Sorry if any of our resident experts disagree ;)
Yes it was comfortable because we never looked like doing any damage, Fylde did, hence the 1 goal they scored. Also Liverpool looked World Class whilst exerting around 10% effort whilst we looked absolutely amateur against Fylde with a team made up of players that could be used as back up. Also regarding the comfort of the match, could have easily and by all accounts should have conceded a penalty, that's not comfort.

Why oh why do people think. Because we are in the prem it will suddenly need 42 points to stay up.
Since we were last relegated on gd with 38 points no one has needed 40
In fact 35 and 36 has secured safety for several clubs
I can't see us not getting a minimum of 12 points to hit 41 in the remaining 18 games which would leave us 15th or better

Totally agree BTL, and I'm more than confident that we will stay up

However, one thing that makes me think more points than usual may be required to finish 4th bottom is that in all the seasons since we were relegated only 1, 2011, has the third bottom team had more points than the current one after the same number of games, 8 seasons had less. Third bottom finished on 39.

Overall it doesn't really matter as I don't see us being anywhere near 4th bottom.

Yes it was comfortable because we never looked like doing any damage, Fylde did, hence the 1 goal they scored. Also Liverpool looked World Class whilst exerting around 10% effort whilst we looked absolutely amateur against Fylde with a team made up of players that could be used as back up. Also regarding the comfort of the match, could have easily and by all accounts should have conceded a penalty, that's not comfort.

by who's accounts should we have conceded a penalty? Not the refs, not me from my seat on the South Stand and not VAR from the tv. So by who?

by who's accounts should we have conceded a penalty? Not the refs, not me from my seat on the South Stand and not VAR from the tv. So by who?

For Mo's tackle? Never been a pen. Other than that can't think of anything really.

I thought the ref was a bit cack to be honest, didn't give anything at all. There were about 3 fouls all game.

At one point in the second half one of our players got launched across the box while defending, think it was Ravel, ref just let it play out while we were trying to clear.

Multiple people with better eyes and better positioning than me, although I haven't seen the replay myself yet. Either way a 2 goal cushion against a team who never looked like scoring, and a 1 goal lead which could have easily been thrown away aren't the same levels of comfort. IMO as a Premiership team our Second 11 should be bagging 4 or 5 in these sort of fixtures, not giving Sunday League level performances

For Mo's tackle? Never been a pen. Other than that can't think of anything really.

I thought the ref was a bit cack to be honest, didn't give anything at all. There were about 3 fouls all game.

At one point in the second half one of our players got launched across the box while defending, think it was Ravel, ref just let it play out while we were trying to clear.
Looked nailed on from where I was but I'll hold my hands up once I've seen a replay of it

Debate had moved on from the little falling out instigated by 'play the post not the poster' shit stirrer general (your good self).

Yet you feel the need to re-stoke the fires you clown.

How old are you WWF? 70's or there abouts? When are going to start acting it?

Oh and hey, I'll play the post...

That post is a horrible piece of shit stirring cuntery. The post can fuck off, continue to fuck off and fuck off some more.

Good day to all. And long live shoutbox (the death of which you predicted about 2 months before you last 'fucked off forever' yet is still a great resource loved by many on here you strange, strange human being).

Multiple people with better eyes and better positioning than me, although I haven't seen the replay myself yet.

And on that note, I'll leave it. Call me old fashioned but I reckon the ref and VAR via their screens might just have had a half decent position too ;)

Debate had moved on from the little falling out instigated by 'play the post not the poster' shit stirrer general (your good self).

Yet you feel the need to re-stoke the fires you clown.

How old are you WWF? 70's or there abouts? When are going to start acting it?

Oh and hey, I'll play the post...

That post is a horrible piece of shit stirring cuntery. The post can fuck off, continue to fuck off and fuck off some more.

Good day to all. And long live shoutbox (the death of which you predicted about 2 months before you last 'fucked off forever' yet is still a great resource loved by many on here you strange, strange human being).

Shoutbox.Wrong thread.Another who gets all aggressive without getting basic facts right.🤔

And on that note, I'll leave it. Call me old fashioned but I reckon the ref and VAR via their screens might just have had a half decent position too ;)
Maybe so. Penalty aside, conceding and winning by a margin of 1 against such lowly opposition is fucking worrying

Shoutbox.Wrong thread.Another who gets all aggressive without getting basic facts right.🤔

Go on. I'll humour you.

What the hell does wrong thread mean?

What basic facts have I got wrong?

Maybe so. Penalty aside, conceding and winning by a margin of 1 against such lowly opposition is fucking worrying

Not worrying for Tufty or for me ..... just for our resident football experts on here.

Back
Top Bottom