No future at the club....

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Grizzly blade

Reaction score
As the title really.

morrison- If he cant stand out against Fylde then he’s screwed
Bryan- How has he managed to get to 23 and be at a premier league club? Looks one of the biggest frauds I have seen. Weak, lacks concentration and makes poor decisions. Prime example of a talent that probably stayed at Man City for the prestige rather than going and playing football wherever he could.
Robinson- He should be terrorising non league defenders. Didn’t see much of that.
Osborn- Not a left back. Squad filler and will have wasted 2 years of his career getting maybe 15 games before going down a league
K. Freeman- not premier league quality. Not quick enough.
Jags- last season playing
Leon- Farewell game. Needs to move on to prolong his career at his age.

From the bench- Sharp looks off the pace in the premier and his last season as a player for us.

despite us signing a fair few last summer, Wilder has a lot of work ahead if we are going to be successful and not succumb to the second season syndrome (assuming we complete the job we’ve made a good start at)

not being negative, just realistic. We need those 40 points ASAP so we can relax and not be too concerned about any injuries. Because only Freeman looks capable of doing close to the job of one of our regulars, while at the back we don’t appear to have any back up that will fill a spot for more than the odd game.

As the title really.

Bryan- How has he managed to get to 23 and be at a premier league club? Looks one of the biggest frauds I have seen. Weak, lacks concentration and makes poor decisions. Prime example of a talent that probably stayed at Man City for the prestige rather than going and playing football wherever he could.
Robinson- He should be terrorising non league defenders. Didn’t see much of that.
Osborn- Not a left back. Squad filler and will have wasted 2 years of his career getting maybe 15 games before going down a league

From the bench- Sharp looks off the pace in the premier and his last season as a player for us.

despite us signing a fair few last summer, Wilder has a lot of work ahead if we are going to be successful and not succumb to the second season syndrome (assuming we complete the job we’ve made a good start at)

not being negative, just realistic. We need those 40 points ASAP so we can relax and not be too concerned about any injuries. Because only Freeman looks capable of doing close to the job of one of our regulars, while at the back we don’t appear to have any back up that will fill a spot for more than the odd game.

Sharp has been one of our most threatening strikers last few league games along with Moose. Can be very dangerous with the right partner and service.

Disagree about Osborn, with a run of games he'd be great.

Robinson, dunno, does seem like he's struggling to make an impact at PL level.

Everyone else, you probably have a point, although I think it was obvious Jags was on the farewell tour when he came.

There's plenty of deadwood padding out the squad and the extent of the inevitable summer overhaul provides a good argument for getting in 2 or 3 permanent signings this month.

I'd rather only need 5 or 6 signings in the summer than 8 or 9.

As it stands the up to standard players we'll be left with in the summer are...

Basham, Egan, JOC, Baldock, Stevens, Norwood, Fleck, Lundstram, Osborn, L.Freeman, McGoldrick, Mousset, McBurnie

Only 14. And some of them might want to leave.

We need to be busy this month. Can't give ourselves an uphill battle in the summer.

There's plenty of deadwood padding out the squad and the extent of the inevitable summer overhaul provides a good argument for getting in 2 or 3 permanent signings this month.

Basham, Egan, JOC, Baldock, Stevens, Norwood, Fleck, Lundstram, Osborn, L.Freeman, McGoldrick, Mousset, McBurnie

We need to be busy this month. Can't give ourselves an uphill battle in the summer.

Out of that group I would be very surprised if Egan and JOC are still with us by the start of next season, they are going to be attracting bids from the elite clubs.

I think we will stay up with room to spare but we will have a big rebuild in the summer, hopefully McCabe’s appeal is out of the picture by that point and HRH has the contacts in place to fund the recruitment.

Well this is a happy thread.
Grissly blade living up to his name!
Dont think we can tell CWAK anything he's not aware of regarding the squad.coming through the divisions like we have has left us bereft in many areas and not just on the pitch.
Premiership is a different animal compared to 12 years ago, cant catch up over night.
One thing for sure Wilder will not sell us short, he loves the club as much as we do .

I reckon based on the whole season Robinson and Luke Freeman are good enough. The rest are squad players for sure. That's normal though for a team just promoted.

I dont think we need to panic buy in Jan either, its the worst time to do business. The summer is best.

UTB

Just about bob on that list, yesterday’s game shows we lack quality in our depth. If we sustain a few injuries we will be a much lesser force.

Agree on Robinson. I think he's been terrible for us and is Champ at best. He should've ran that back line ragged yesterday.

I completely disagree on Ravel, he's a gifted player and although he's the kind of player most teams would build around (we won't, of course) I think there's a future for him in our second season if we get there as I think we'll change our style slightly which will suit him. Less marauding.

Sharp, one of my all time favourite players, legend of the Lane. He can do what he likes.

It was always going to be the case coming into the PL.

We were favorites with every Bookie, Pundit and anyone else outside of SUFC to go straight back down so it was always going to be difficult to attract players to come and sign for us, unless you paid them stupid, (Villa style) wages.....we were always going to have to pad out the squad with existing fringe players, (K Freeman, Stearman, Bryan etc) plus loans, (Hendo and Besic), frees, (Morrison, Jags & Rodwell) and then those that "might" make the step up from Championship level, (L freeman, Robinson, Osborn) and then a gamble or two, (McBurnie & Moose) in the hope they may come good.

We have been extremely fortunate that the nucleus of the squad that got us promoted have carried on their form and we are more than holding our own, (coupled with our "system" which has taken some by surprise) but my fear for the second half of the season is 3-fold;

1) Our system will start to be less effective as opposition wise up to us
2) Our squad depth is weak therefore suspensions and injuries could hit us hard unless we make a couple of quality additions in January
3) We lose a couple of key players in January to big wages that we just can't compete with

Either way we need to get to 40 points ASAP, (although I fear it may take 42/43 this year to be absolutely safe) and then start planning for next season, there will inevitably be a huge overhaul of players as we look to establish our Premiership status going forward.

We had this thread last year after the Barnet game. The match day 18 players who don't start are fine in limited roles. If Osborn, has to play a game or 2 we'll be OK. I think time is up for the rest of them though

Funny how we end up with these doom and gloom assessments of the squad after every cup game. When you rotate 11 new players in who’ve had precious few minutes chances are you aren’t going to see a decent performance.

We were in the championship last season as some people may remember and the squad is still, in part, a legacy from that. Wait til next summer when Premier League status is confirmed and Wilder can start upgrading the squad to one which is more like that of an established Premier League.

In terms of Robinson it feels like there are a lot who can’t wait to write him off because they want to see a big money striker signed in January. For me he’s clearly a talented player but doesn’t fit our system the way we have been using him. Maybe it’s a case of looking to accommodate him or maybe he just needs to learn the role and has to get up to speed with the Premier League. Either way he’s had a handful of appearances so it seems pointless to write him off at this stage.

Funny how we end up with these doom and gloom assessments of the squad after every cup game. When you rotate 11 new players in who’ve had precious few minutes chances are you aren’t going to see a decent performance.

We were in the championship last season as some people may remember and the squad is still, in part, a legacy from that. Wait til next summer when Premier League status is confirmed and Wilder can start upgrading the squad to one which is more like that of an established Premier League.

In terms of Robinson it feels like there are a lot who can’t wait to write him off because they want to see a big money striker signed in January. For me he’s clearly a talented player but doesn’t fit our system the way we have been using him. Maybe it’s a case of looking to accommodate him or maybe he just needs to learn the role and has to get up to speed with the Premier League. Either way he’s had a handful of appearances so it seems pointless to write him off at this stage.
This is an intelligent and well-considered post. I'd err on the side of Robinson not being up to it. Tbh - when we signed him I was surprised because I'd seen him play in both matches against us for Preston and didn't think he was all that great and certainly not Prem quality). However, it is early days I agree but he's going to need to show a bit more desire amongst other things for me. There were times last week at Man City when he looked like he couldn't be arsed to press and chase the ball down - this is an automatic "fail" under Wilder. The general point about the whole squad evolving is a good one though. That's exactly what's happening and I think Wilder's got the pace of it right as well. We've seen how evolving the squad too quick (Fulham) doesn't work and how not evolving it much at all (Norwich) doesn't work. So, let the maestro carry on and see where he takes us (Wilder that is, not Robinson!).

Agree on Robinson. I think he's been terrible for us and is Champ at best. He should've ran that back line ragged yesterday.

I completely disagree on Ravel, he's a gifted player and although he's the kind of player most teams would build around (we won't, of course) I think there's a future for him in our second season if we get there as I think we'll change our style slightly which will suit him. Less marauding.

Sharp, one of my all time favourite players, legend of the Lane. He can do what he likes.
You would build a team around Ravel? Remind me not to take any of your posts seriously in the future

long time lurker, first time poster....the whole team looked like they were playing a testimonial, there was no drive or intent from midfield and we looked content to pass it sideways looking for the killer pass opening on the flank...K freeman was awful, head down, slow to react, looked disinterested..suspect he's been told he can leave....Bash was different class when he came on, if it wasn't for him, we'd be having a replay

As the title really.

Sad but true.

As the title really.

Our manager spent £43m approx. last summer.

Are you saying that he cannot spend his budget wisely at this level?

To help you respond I'll mention that we had to make up our permitted 25 man squad by naming Leon Clarke, because our nine? signings boosted the squad to just the 24.

The extent of the spending shocked us all so the manager probably pushed the owners hard, in fact McCabe baulked at McBurnie and wouldn't help fund The Moose.

Following on from there the new players all signed on contracts on good money. Can we just move them away and buy replacements just like that?

You should probably remind yourself to read posts properly too.

This happens so many times. Fast readers get it all wrong, wastes so much time and trouble is the misreads become fact.

Amazing how the misreaders are often aggressive with it. You'd think they would get their basics right before attacking a fellow Blade.

This happens so many times. Fast readers get it all wrong, wastes so much time and trouble is the mis-reads become fact.

Amazing how the mis-readers are often aggressive with it. You'd think they would get their basics right before attacking a fellow Blade.

This happens so many times. Fast readers get it all wrong, wastes so much time and trouble is the misreads become fact.

Amazing how the misreaders are often aggressive with it. You'd think they would get their basics right before attacking a fellow Blade.

It's the youth of today who are used to reading sensationalist headlines and building a story in their heads instead of reading the article. They act on headlines because they have a lack of patience or will to learn the full, true story.

Back
Top Bottom