No future at the club....

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

firstly, i'm a very pessimistic blade. I still expect us to be relegated for some kind of off field wrong doing when we were in L1 but;

Morrison- Watching him play, you can se he is light years ahead of those around him up top, but he will never put a shift in like Lunny or Fleck so will struggle to get in our team.

Bryan- Looked good doing what he did. Unfortunately he didnt look like bombing forward like we now seem to insist anyone who calls themselves a CB ;-) And he did leave man City in search of games didn't he?
Robinson- Will be a big player for us in seasons to come, some great link up play yesterday
Osborn- looked steady
K. Freeman- He wasn't quick enough for the championship but did alright ;-)

Sharp - Didn't see him come on to be fair to him

Last edited:

Yes it was comfortable because we never looked like doing any damage, Fylde did, hence the 1 goal they scored. Also Liverpool looked World Class whilst exerting around 10% effort whilst we looked absolutely amateur against Fylde with a team made up of players that could be used as back up. Also regarding the comfort of the match, could have easily and by all accounts should have conceded a penalty, that's not comfort.
Liverpool where at full chat.

Don’t kid yourself !!

UTB

I must have been watching a different game to most of you lot yesterday. I saw a team of 11 reserve players - the majority of whom have hardly kicked a ball in anger all season - convincingly beat a Conference side and come through a potential banana skin match. You tend to raise our lower your game depending on the opposition. I actually thought we played very well. We did what we had to do and comfortably won. Nobody would have argued had we gone in 3-0 up at half time. It was a stroll in the park for our players.

Of course many of these players are not up to 'starting every week' premier league players - that's why they are the backup squad! You know, stop gaps for injuries, suspensions etc. Sorry to disappoint guys, but we are not yet in the position where we have 8, 9 or 10 steady premier league starters in our back up squad. We are a work in progress 💪

Thank fuck we have CW AK etc in charge rather than some of the experts on here!
I agree. The post match crucifiction of certain players is much too knee jerk reactionary.

Worth reminding the critics that we are still a PL team, operating on a Championship budget. Spending on players and wages has just brought us up to top six championship level.

To the majority, this was a reserve side, brought in to rest our very tired first team players. We are not a huge club with infinite financial resources, even taking PL income into account.

Wilder has repeatedly said he will not risk the financial well being of the club on players or wages. Time to moderate your demands accordingly.

Please be patient and trust those who are charged with growing this club, over a few seasons, and not just over a few matches. Do not demand, or expect radical change in quick time.

Quite a few of the bigger clubs are in this position, and they might try to escape their poor form or transition, by changing managers or spending big money on players. We are not yet an established top six team, so we must make our growth steady and sustainable.

Keep calm and enjoy the ride.

firstly, i'm a very pessimistic blade. I still expect us to be relegated for some kind of off field wrong doing when we were in L1 but;

Bryan- Looked good doing what he did. Unfortunately he didnt look like bombing forward like we now seem to insist anyone who calls themselves a CB ;-) And he did leave man City in search of games didn't he?

Looked good being rubbish?

I must have been watching a different game to most of you lot yesterday. I saw a team of 11 reserve players - the majority of whom have hardly kicked a ball in anger all season - convincingly beat a Conference side and come through a potential banana skin match. You tend to raise our lower your game depending on the opposition. I actually thought we played very well. We did what we had to do and comfortably won. Nobody would have argued had we gone in 3-0 up at half time. It was a stroll in the park for our players.

Of course many of these players are not up to 'starting every week' premier league players - that's why they are the backup squad! You know, stop gaps for injuries, suspensions etc. Sorry to disappoint guys, but we are not yet in the position where we have 8, 9 or 10 steady premier league starters in our back up squad. We are a work in progress 💪

Thank fuck we have CW AK etc in charge rather than some of the experts on here!
At last some one who understand the game well said 👍

Totally agree BTL, and I'm more than confident that we will stay up

However, one thing that makes me think more points than usual may be required to finish 4th bottom is that in all the seasons since we were relegated only 1, 2011, has the third bottom team had more points than the current one after the same number of games, 8 seasons had less. Third bottom finished on 39.

Overall it doesn't really matter as I don't see us being anywhere near 4th bottom.
so you think we with this team cant win 3 and draw 4 of the last 18
thats losing11 and still being safe

we arent that shit and we dont suddenly stop being aggressive in how we go into games
weve lost 6 of 20 but you think we can lose 11 of 18

thats more a glass half full with holes in it thinking

so you think we with this team cant win 3 and draw 4 of the last 18
thats losing11 and still being safe

we arent that shit and we dont suddenly stop being aggressive in how we go into games
weve lost 6 of 20 but you think we can lose 11 of 18

thats more a glass half full with holes in it thinking

Huh??

Did you bother reading my reply to you? If you did please show me where I think any of the crap you've written?

Other than agreeing with you that we will stay up, I was offering a reason why I think it my take more than 40 points for survival not that it will affect us.

Should've gone to specsavers.

Huh??

Did you bother reading my reply to you? If you did please show me where I think any of the crap you've written?

Other than agreeing with you that we will stay up, I was offering a reason why I think it my take more than 40 points for survival not that it will affect us.

Should've gone to specsavers.
no just replied to wrong post ,,,, sorry
page went down too far to reply button

Clearly with the speed and progression we have gone through in the last 4 years this summer will see a lot of departures of out of contract players and players who can’t perform at this level
Save a fortune on the wage bill and then re invest in better quality players

Clearly with the speed and progression we have gone through in the last 4 years this summer will see a lot of departures of out of contract players and players who can’t perform at this level
Save a fortune on the wage bill and then re invest in better quality players
Like the ones recruited this summer for a PL campaign ??

UTB

Back
Top Bottom