No future at the club....

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Na na na na-naaaaa

Funny how we end up with these doom and gloom assessments of the squad after every cup game. When you rotate 11 new players in who’ve had precious few minutes chances are you aren’t going to see a decent performance.

We were in the championship last season as some people may remember and the squad is still, in part, a legacy from that. Wait til next summer when Premier League status is confirmed and Wilder can start upgrading the squad to one which is more like that of an established Premier League.

In terms of Robinson it feels like there are a lot who can’t wait to write him off because they want to see a big money striker signed in January. For me he’s clearly a talented player but doesn’t fit our system the way we have been using him. Maybe it’s a case of looking to accommodate him or maybe he just needs to learn the role and has to get up to speed with the Premier League. Either way he’s had a handful of appearances so it seems pointless to write him off at this stage.
Robinson isn't a striker, at least not in this system. He doesn't run in behind and he isn't creating chances dropping short. For him to have a chance to succeed he needs to find a position he can contribute from.

I want him to succeed but he is taking a very long time to pick up what we need from him. And his inability to press and get himself in the right position off ball is pretty damning after 6 months

Listen you fucking gimp.

The original post on Ravel stated that he needs a team built around him, but we won't..... However BiggerBladeThanThou then goes on to say we should hold on to him for next season as we will change our style to suit him.

This is basically saying we'll adopt how/who we play to suit ravel. Which I can assure you we wont.

Listen you fucking gimp.

The original post on Ravel stated that he needs a team built around him, but we won't..... However BiggerBladeThanThou then goes on to say we should hold on to him for next season as we will change our style to suit him.

This is basically saying we'll adopt how/who we play to suit ravel.

No he does not. He posts 'which will suit him' not 'to suit him'. You are reading what you expect to see not what it says and so did Antonb

Glad you deleted your laughing emoji on the thread.

[/QUOTE]
Agree on Robinson. I think he's been terrible for us and is Champ at best. He should've ran that back line ragged yesterday.

I completely disagree on Ravel, he's a gifted player and although he's the kind of player most teams would build around (we won't, of course) I think there's a future for him in our second season if we get there as I think we'll change our style slightly which will suit him. Less marauding.

Sharp, one of my all time favourite players, legend of the Lane. He can do what he likes.

Apology due to the Gimp.

long time lurker, first time poster....the whole team looked like they were playing a testimonial, there was no drive or intent from midfield and we looked content to pass it sideways looking for the killer pass opening on the flank...K freeman was awful, head down, slow to react, looked disinterested..suspect he's been told he can leave....Bash was different class when he came on, if it wasn't for him, we'd be having a replay

It must be hard for them to raise their game when the crowd are disinterested too. We sang GCB at the start of each half, that's it. Closing the Kop gives a bigger two fingers to the FA Cup than changing all 11 players.

What style will we change to that will suit ravel?

Desperate to hear from.someone so knowledgeable.

You've just been owned pal, you shot your load and you look like an argumentative little twat.

But, I'll respond...

Our current style is not suited to Ravel plus the players we have in midfield have by and large been brilliant - hence why he's not played.

However, in my opinion, I think if we make a second season in the Prem we will change our style slightly to become less gung ho. It's a cliche to say it but teams/managers will work out how to play against us be it a Liverpool dominance or a Park the bus Newcastle team. It's clear we don't have another way of playing against this. This is why I think Ravel will be a key player next season as he offers something completely different, a creative spark of ingenuity we haven't really had before Duffy (to an extent) aside. Could be great for us.

You've just been owned pal, you shot your load and you look like an argumentative little twat.

But, I'll respond...

Our current style is not suited to Ravel plus the players we have in midfield have by and large been brilliant - hence why he's not played.

However, in my opinion, I think if we make a second season in the Prem we will change our style slightly to become less gung ho. It's a cliche to say it but teams/managers will work out how to play against us be it a Liverpool dominance or a Park the bus Newcastle team. It's clear we don't have another way of playing against this. This is why I think Ravel will be a key player next season as he offers something completely different, a creative spark of ingenuity we haven't really had before Duffy (to an extent) aside. Could be great for us.
How have I been owned? If you're referring to that shit stain, you're well and truly wrong.

If you mean me I didn't post it but I'd simply say that 3-5-2 Flat 3 does not suit every player. If we play the 'Duffy role' then Morrison would expect to be in the running for a place. Then there are all the different ways of playing any system - slow, slow, quick quick slow or controlled Hoof :)

Tell him BiggerBladeThanThou , the lad's learning football.

But, I'll respond...

If we do change our style, it will be back to the attaking midfielder if anything and Luke Freeman is light years ahead of him in this instance. I don't have a clue what kind of player Ravel is to even know what will suit him. I can't see him even being here next year.

If you mean me I didn't post it but I'd simply say that 3-5-2 Flat 3 does not suit every player. If we play the 'Duffy role' then Morrison would expect to be in the running for a place. Then there are all the different ways of playing any system - slow, slow, quick quick slow or controlled Hoof :)

Tell him BiggerBladeThanThou , the lad's learning football.

For someone who's great at preaching about playing posts and not the poster, or preaching about trying to cause arguments, you're pretty fekkin good at ignoring your own fucking advice.

[QUOTE="CrookesBlade, post: 2393683,

In terms of Robinson it feels like there are a lot who can’t wait to write him off because they want to see a big money striker signed in January.
[/QUOTE]
He was a big money striker for a club with our budget.

[QUOTE="CrookesBlade, post: 2393683,

In terms of Robinson it feels like there are a lot who can’t wait to write him off because they want to see a big money striker signed in January.
He was a big money striker for a club with our budget.
[/QUOTE]

I wasn't a massive fan even before he arrived. Hes still a young lad yet to find his feet but my gut just says hes not good enough. Nothing against the lad.

Did I really just read someone suggesting we've been gung ho this season........

Gung ho was probably not the right expression but you know what I mean, overloads and bodies up into wide attacking areas.

For someone who's great at preaching about playing posts and not the poster, or preaching about trying to cause arguments, you're pretty fekkin good at ignoring your own fucking advice.

read it all again Scooter, live and learn and move on.

My real point underpinning this is the number of times posts are mis-read and misunderstood. Anything with more than one sentence is regularly open to misinterpretation.

Your laughing emoji was an example.

Not sure I agree...

At the end of last season would anyone have thought Lunny would even be a blades player let alone a first team starter.

At one poiny people were saying Bash wouldn't be able to compete.

A few years ago K Freeman and Coutts were transfer listed with all of us agreeing they were shit.

Many pointed out Baldock as a weak link at one point.

My point being that players can surprise you and as Lunny proved, players can take a while to adapt.

I wouldn't be so quick to write off our squad players at this stage. Who knows where they'll be in a year or 2.

Id just have faith in CW, he'll know what he's doing and will have a plan.

Listen you fucking gimp.

This is basically saying we'll adopt how/who we play to suit ravel. Which I can assure you we wont.
Have a like for 'listen you fucking gimp'

Funny how we end up with these doom and gloom assessments of the squad after every cup game. When you rotate 11 new players in who’ve had precious few minutes chances are you aren’t going to see a decent performance.

We were in the championship last season as some people may remember and the squad is still, in part, a legacy from that. Wait til next summer when Premier League status is confirmed and Wilder can start upgrading the squad to one which is more like that of an established Premier League.

In terms of Robinson it feels like there are a lot who can’t wait to write him off because they want to see a big money striker signed in January. For me he’s clearly a talented player but doesn’t fit our system the way we have been using him. Maybe it’s a case of looking to accommodate him or maybe he just needs to learn the role and has to get up to speed with the Premier League. Either way he’s had a handful of appearances so it seems pointless to write him off at this stage.

Louder for the slashers in the back!

The pace of the game is never going to be anything like the PL when

a) there's only 11k in the ground
b) 11 changes made
c) the opposition is non-league

I've seen far too many posts for my liking writing players careers' off after this match. Give it a rest...
Kieron Freeman, had a shocker against Barnet last season, but then as as he showed against West Brom can slot into the team perfectly well if called upon.
Ravel when in the opposition final third looked very dangerous, was unlucky to have a goal chalked off and carved out the opportunity for the 2nd goal... he's contributed more than most yesterday but seem's to be the whipping boy for some reason...
Osborn has not had enough 1st team practice at this new role he is being asked to do...
And so on and so forth.

My only cause for concern yesterday was Kean Bryan, nobody else. I haven't seen his stats but I imagine they don't make for very good reading. I don't remember him winning any of his duels, whether aerial or on the ground, didn't seem to know where to play in the system, and as discussed ended up clattering into the keeper when he should have left alone. In lieu of any positives at all, he really needs to hope he gets picked in the 4th round and show us all he has a future at this club.

What I'll say now I'll say a million times to people who write the second XI off.

Put 1 or 2 of the majority of them in the first team and they'll look just fine. Put the same 1 or 2 with 10 or 9 equally rusty, second choice players playing in a very complex system which the core of the first team have been playing week in week out for years, and your end result will be very questionable. But it's understandable.

On paper that team should thrash Fylde just like last season that side should've thrashed Barnet. If they were playing 4-4-2 or 4-3-3 they would've, but what's the point in that? They're learning nothing about the system, and with their game time being so limited they have to make the most of every opportunity they get so they learn their individual roles in our system that little bit more.

Cranie, Stearman and Dowell were dreadful against Barnet. Stearman in particular looked like he should be playing against Barnet week in week out. All 3 showed throughout the season though that when they're in the first team they're more than capable slotting in, and in fairness doing more than just a 'job' - Cranie in particular looked the part as a right centre half.

Don't write them off based on games like this. It's cheap and it's unfair.

Either way we need to get to 40 points ASAP, (although I fear it may take 42/43 this year to be absolutely safe) and then start planning for next season, there will inevitably be a huge overhaul of players as we look to establish our Premiership status going forward.
Why oh why do people think. Because we are in the prem it will suddenly need 42 points to stay up.
Since we were last relegated on gd with 38 points no one has needed 40
In fact 35 and 36 has secured safety for several clubs
I can't see us not getting a minimum of 12 points to hit 41 in the remaining 18 games which would leave us 15th or better

He's not a CM that's the problem. Soon as he gets higher up the pitch and in and around the penalty area he comes to life.

Didzy understudy please Mr Wilder.

That was my thoughts. He played off Clarke for the last few minutes yesterday. I was hoping that change had occurred with 25/30 mins to go.

I think one of Morrison's problems though is that he's a bit like a kid in the school yard, he follows the ball round the pitch, not like a headless chicken but because he just wants to be on the ball doing things with it - Wayne Rooney does it. This is one of the reasons he couldn't operate the CM role, they need to hold their position in the flat-3.

I think if we become "less gung ho" then we'd have less of a need for a Morrison type player personally. At the moment we are playing a more reserved style this season with a flat 3 with 1 or 2 bombing on when required than last where we had 1 constantly sat just behind the front 2 (apart from the odd game).

Morrison will not be a player for us in any season based on what he's shown so far apart from in the cup games, we are running out of these.

Back
Top Bottom