Match Thread Newcastle United v. Sheffield United - 27th April 2024

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

NEWC
NEWC
NEWC

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1714109158492.png vs 1714109172527.png

Premier League Matchweek 35 - Saturday 27th April 2024 - 15:00 - St James Park
Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Player Ratings:
Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/match-day/match/newcastle-united-vs-sheffield-united.691/

Officials:

Referee: Tony Harrington
Assistants: Eddie Smart, Sian Massey-Ellis
Fourth Official: Robert Jones
VAR: Andy Madley
Assistant VAR: Ian Hussin

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter: https://twitter.com/s24su
Threads: https://www.threads.net/@s24su
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/s24su/

Need a VPN? - https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/vpn-usage.87094/

VPNAd.png

📺
Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2024-04-26 at 06.28.18.png

Ok friends firstly respect to all you boys and girls who headed up to Hadrians Wall today . Seriously took the piss out of the toon and they appreciated as I have just spent 2.5 hours commuting to Manchester by train with one . No more VAR ( thank fuck but it managed to arse fuck us again with the overturning of the pen ) .
Favourite songs today
Championship ole ole and 1 million steps ole ole .
At blaster this boy is class . Get a keeper add him plus able assistant to JR and keep BBD and I see a chink of light 💡. Let’s mob up at the lane Saturday and put them scab bastards in their rightful place .
The rotten wisdom tooth that has plagued us for nine months has been removed .
Hallelujah 🙌

Not seen them in the flesh this season until today. My first impression was how small they looked compared to the Mags (could be an optical illusion due to the stripes - and I was sitting a very long way from the pitch.
Apart from a few bigger players it’s not too difficult to see that the defence (tactics as well as players) needs renewing for next season.

That's about as good a team as Wilder can put out, but my worry is the subs. I'd rather Wilder put Larouci on and push Osborn into midfield, than see Norwood come on and the scoreline inevitably double. But we all know how that will likely play out.

Thank God it's all over after today. Though saying that, I've never dreaded a summer as much as I'm dreading this one as half the parachute payments appear to have already been spent on the hotel and training ground and we have to sell Archer plus one. Who knows if any of that money will be made available to Wilder for transfer fees. I'm going to assume not.

Fingers crossed for a takeover and the Poundland Prince to finally do one. 🤞🖕
Please 🙏

Do you all still think we were robbed by corruption or, having watched the replays back, have you now decided (correctly) that actually it wasn’t a penalty after all cos their defender clearly kicked the ball and it turns out we lost cos we aren’t good enough and not because of the agenda that the PL hates Sheff United?

Ok friends firstly respect to all you boys and girls who headed up to Hadrians Wall today . Seriously took the piss out of the toon and they appreciated as I have just spent 2.5 hours commuting to Manchester by train with one . No more VAR ( thank fuck but it managed to arse fuck us again with the overturning of the pen ) .
Favourite songs today
Championship ole ole and 1 million steps ole ole .
At blaster this boy is class . Get a keeper add him plus able assistant to JR and keep BBD and I see a chink of light 💡. Let’s mob up at the lane Saturday and put them scab bastards in their rightful place .
The rotten wisdom tooth that has plagued us for nine months has been removed .
Hallelujah 🙌

Great post but we can't call them chinks anymore.

At 5-1 would it really be that hard to take off our rented Diaz for Marsh to give him a few minutes?
Would seem the logical thing to do with Diaz going back.
I just wonder whether Marshi would have got anything out of the game at that stage.
I remember Illiman coming on at Leicester ! 5 nill at the time he was totally lost as the team was in disarray after Wilder walked away.
I'm a big Marshi fan and the broken arm destroyed his season.He is the most talented young player of the bunch and will be in and around the 1st team next season.We have some exciting young players who need some experienced leaders around them , get the recruitment right and we will be an exciting team to watch next season.

At 5-1 would it really be that hard to take off our rented Diaz for Marsh to give him a few minutes?

Now that we are down there's a lot to be said for giving fringe players a few minutes so that they can say they have played in the Premier League even if it wasn't a season to be proud of.

Would seem the logical thing to do with Diaz going back.
I just wonder whether Marshi would have got anything out of the game at that stage.
I remember Illiman coming on at Leicester ! 5 nill at the time he was totally lost as the team was in disarray after Wilder walked away.
I'm a big Marshi fan and the broken arm destroyed his season.He is the most talented young player of the bunch and will be in and around the 1st team next season.We have some exciting young players who need some experienced leaders around them , get the recruitment right and we will be an exciting team to watch next season.
Providing Bogroll doesn't flog the young 'uns.

Providing Bogroll doesn't flog the young 'uns.
I give Prince his due ! He holds is nerve when clubs come in for players which Mccabe failed to do.
Not sold a player under the going rate.
These young lads are not worth that much at present ! Worth more to us as players! That could change very quickly in the championship.
We were desperate last season and yet the Prince held out even when he new only promotion would stop a possible big points deduction.

I give Prince his due ! He holds is nerve when clubs come in for players which Mccabe failed to do.
Not sold a player under the going rate.
These young lads are not worth that much at present ! Worth more to us as players! That could change very quickly in the championship.
We were desperate last season and yet the Prince held out even when he new only promotion would stop a possible big points deduction.
This is the reason why he's the best owner we've ever had despite his shortcomings.
We wouldn't have held onto the players that got us promoted with any of our previous owners in charge, and we wouldn't have received enough money for them to sign any other players of Championship quality.

Back
Top Bottom