New coach

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

not saying Morgan was responsible but him and McCabe were the only constants during our last prolonged down turn in fortune.

whilst we are all going bladey McBlade about it why don’t we get Captain Blade in?

Sean Bean - in the documentary 'When Saturday Comes' he was pretty good, reckon some of that pashun could rub off.

Someone to inspire the young kids…a talent that’s been there and done it and who’s ability was clear to see.
we do t want an ex clogger, or a player who was limited ability but ran a lot!!

Let’s try and restrict this ex-player malarkey and look a bit bigger. Must be some top players about looking to move into coaching.
Jermaine Defoe types…not necessarily him but you get what I mean.

I agree. The Bladeyness in this thread is something else!

If we must go down the ex player route then maybe Brian Deane or Sharp in a player/coaching role.

We need to look at the best coach available for the role. Not wether he's an ex player.

Yes ... 442 and play Billy Sharp thats all you need from Brian ... believe you me 🤣
I was once on Handsworth Rec whilst his team were playing on the Handsworth club ground next door. He did call the referee a few rather tasteful names in the first half and was sent off (the ref concerned was a football league lino at the time and was used to having a few tasteful words at him from the touchline so you can imagine how bad it was). Brian was instructed to leave the ground so he walked around onto Handsworth rec and carried on watcing the game from behind the goal over the privet. At half time all the players went over to the privet and Brian gave his half time team talk across the top of it!!!!

2 days of the new Management team showed a marked improvement in the attacking intention , and we won by more than 1 goal.
Here's hoping that a full week of the new direction will show a similar improvement over the 2-0 win .

2 days of the new Management team showed a marked improvement in the attacking intention , and we won by more than 1 goal.
Here's hoping that a full week of the new direction will show a similar improvement over the 2-0 win .
Yep, nice to see a bit of interaction from the touchline, pointing, arm waving and good old yeiling at the players, think it's called passion !!

Liam Rosenior seems to be a bright up and comer speaks well whenever I’ve seen him did a good job in youth football at Brighton and Swansea and is part of derby currently over achieving. He’s there assistant manager but you’d think we could offer him more job security and with him being that assistant type that could benefit us if hecky is spending time away from the training pitch like he says.

Given we've got bugger all brass it will be a muck n nettles coach who'll be happy to be paid in Morrisons vouchers and already out of work, probably a former player #bladeyblade

Nicky Travis has served his apprenticeship under numerous managers, maybe it’s time to let him step up and given more responsibility.

There's a few suggesting Sharp or Basham, but do we even know if they're doing their badges?

I think it would be great to have one of the players as a player/coach, but basically it needs to be someone with the right credentials. One of the most important things that hasn't been mentioned is they get along with the other staff. It will be more than likely someone that either Hecky or McCall know and trust.

No thanks.
Agreed we’ve already got one liability on twitter associated with the club in gage adding Curtis into the mix wouldn’t be a good idea.

Jake Wright?
He always seemed to have more football sense than anyone else on the field. Constantly organising the others.
Currently playing for Boston.

But has he done any coaching badges?

There's a few suggesting Sharp or Basham, but do we even know if they're doing their badges?

I think it would be great to have one of the players as a player/coach, but basically it needs to be someone with the right credentials. One of the most important things that hasn't been mentioned is they get along with the other staff. It will be more than likely someone that either Hecky or McCall know and trust.

Could be wrong but in that interview with Osborn about moving into coaching didn't he mention that Sharp was doing his coaching badges?

Back
Top Bottom