New coach

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Back to the future Great coach great times

Attachments

• DDAF429F-D886-41F1-AF93-4293618AEE69.jpeg
    DDAF429F-D886-41F1-AF93-4293618AEE69.jpeg
    526.9 KB · Views: 12
It would be nice to bring him back, end his career as a Blade, we need a back-up defender with games coming thick and fast and he's been great for Derby. He can also earn his stripes coaching (get his badges) and then retire at the end of the season and become a coach full time, either with the first team or as part of the academy. he's got a lot of experience/wisdom to pass down.

Last edited:
It would be nice to bring him back, end his career as a Blade, we need a back-up defender with games coming thick and fast and he's been great for Derby. He can also earn his stripes coaching as then retire at the end of the season and become a coach full time, either with the first team or as part of the academy. he's got a lot of experience/wisdom to pass down.
His time at Derby has to be a bit of a mixed blessing, great he has played the number of games he has, couldn't have expected it given his age, even with Derby's plight re points deduction, transfer embargo etc but playing week in week out will also be a constant and possibly painful reminder, he isn't getting any younger and its more likely to speed up his retirement, than being a standby player elsewhere, all in all it might have made him focus a bit more on the future and coaching etc

Sorry that's what I mean by 'earn his stripes coaching' as no, he hasn't earned his badges yet.
Does he even want to coach? If he’s not done his badges it might not be of interest. Sometimes us fans are too sentimental about these things. Get Sharpy manager & make Jags his assistant sounds passionate & great but probably not practical

Paul Heckingbottom has said he still wants one more coach.

Who would you like to see join the group?

I'd love it to be Nick Montgomery.
I was wondering if giving Oli Mcburnie this extra responsibility might bring out the best in his game. He might relate to some of the younger squad players as well.

Back
Top Bottom