New Arrivals? Timar & Halmosi

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

johno

Reaction score
The Blades have been linked with a host of potential new arrivals, with Plymouth's Hungarian duo Krisztian Timar and Peter Halmosi topping the list.

The ever reliable source that is the Daily Mirror says that Hull are going to offer 2 million for Halmosi.

Blackwell not ruling out Halmosi on Radio Sheffield this morning, but saying he doesn't know whether we'd be able to tempt him with Hull's offer of the Premiership on the table.

EDIT:

Setanta: Blades could scupper Hull deal

Sheffield United boss Kevin Blackwell has confirmed he is ready to rival Hull City for the signing of Plymouth star Peter Halmosi.

The Hungary international has been targeted by The Tigers following their promotion to The Premier League but Phil Brown has been scared off by a £3 million price tag.

If Hull do withdraw their interest then The Blades could be ready to swoop as Blackwell has admitted he is keen on the 28-year-old.

“He is a good player and as such I am always interested in good players,” Blackwell told the club’s official website.

“In that regard, then, he would be in a list of good players I would be interested in.”

Halmosi joined Argyle from Debrecen in January 2007 and has scored 12 goals in 55 league starts.

From the bbc :)

Sheffield United have entered the battle to sign Plymouth Argyle midfielder Peter Halmosi.

The Blades have been linked with the 28-year-old Hungarian for some time, although Premier League newcomers Hull City are also interested in the player.

"I think he is a very good player," Blades manager Kevin Blackwell told BBC Radio Sheffield.

"I'm interested in signing any good player and I'm not disputing that Halmosi is one of those."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/sheff_utd/7468817.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/sheff_utd/7468817.stm

Sheffield United boss Kevin Blackwell has dismissed speculation that he is interested in signing Plymouth's Hungarian winger Peter Halmosi.

Blackwell had said earlier in the week: "I'm interested in signing any good player and I'm not disputing that Halmosi is one of those."

But he told BBC Radio Sheffield: "There is no bid in for Peter Halmosi and he wasn't on the radar.

"Peter is not one of the players we are tracking at the moment."

The 28-year-old had been linked with the South Yorkshire club for most of 2008, but Blackwell has stated he was never interested in Halmosi.

Blackwell added: "I was asked about Peter and I said that I was interested in all good players.

"Sheffield United are now in a fortunate position where it can be much more selective than in years gone by.

"I've said any good player is always a target, and Peter is a good player, but was not one I was actually looking at."

Back
Top Bottom