Most random blades player weve had?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

here's me wishing we sign Alex Rodman of Bristol Rovers, love to nag a ram

Last edited:

Billy Paynter, Simon Lappin, Lecsinel Jean-Francois, Will Hoskins.
Paynter was the opposite of random. A target man who doesn’t score many goals is exactly the sort of player that Nigel Clough would sign. See also Porter, O’Grady and Higdon.

Jean-Francois, on the other hand, right on the money!

Petr katchouro, where on earth did they find him? (I know, Belarus but, you get what I mean)

Think we must have blown our European scouting budget in the mid to late 90's because we've not done it since.

Luke Beckett.

The quintessential Warnock signing.

Experienced journeyman who had been around the houses, the classic £50k fee, low risk for potential high reward, always a player he had kept an eye on.

I can't think of Leon Clarke ever playing for Warnock but he would be another classic Warnock signing at one of the clubs he has been at.

Is that THE Kevin Davies that forged a career as a prolific goalscorer that we have playing at right back?

If so, some questions need to be asked of our youth team management of the time.
No, it's a different player with the same name. The famous Kevin Davies was already at Chesterfield (though he was with us and released at a younger age I think)

God, when I see all these names it makes me laugh just how many random signings we made.

No, it's a different player with the same name. The famous Kevin Davies was already at Chesterfield (though he was with us and released at a younger age I think)
Cheers.

I knew that the real Kevin Davies began with us but remembering who did what and when is way beyond my memory capabilities.

Geoff Horsfield. We already had a good attack anyway, and on top of that we were signing Akinbiyi. Signing Horsfield was so unnecessary. To make matters worse, Warnock and the board didn’t notice that the loan agreement included the obligation to buy him at the end of it. Such a bizarre signing.

Geoff Horsfield. We already had a good attack anyway, and on top of that we were signing Akinbiyi. Signing Horsfield was so unnecessary. To make matters worse, Warnock and the board didn’t notice that the loan agreement included the obligation to buy him at the end of it. Such a bizarre signing.
From what I heard Terry Robinson was 100% to blame for that farce.

Petr katchouro, where on earth did they find him? (I know, Belarus but, you get what I mean)
i swear the only reason we signed him was so that the Tshirt seller on the Bramall lane corner could get a dennis the menace template used with his "Menace from Minsk" line of tshirts.

No idea where we signed him from and who was scouting out in Belarus at the time as he was signed for £650k, which was a decent fee at the time for us.

Interesting he moved to Chengdu Five Bulls after he left us, the same Chengdu that became Chengdu Blades, before changing their name again, though the badge remains very similar to the Blades (another random - i hadn't realised that Scarborough group maintained ownership for as long as they did)

Back
Top Bottom