Midfielders

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

i think 3 is more like it lundstram and berge will go but norwood and fleck will probably stay and osborn can also fill in there and we dont know if luke freeman could come back i would expect us to be back in for swift if reading dont go up

More athleticism needed. Our midfielders are all slow, one dimensional players that are decent in their own right. But without the right combo of players it leaves big gaps in the ability of our collective midfield.

So easy for dynamic opposition to run straight on the back 4.

Sibley and bird at Derby haven’t had a breakout year yet but waiting until they do we won’t be able to afford them.
Sibley would be a lovely player to sign. I'd prefer Mowatt to Bird though, especially for fuck all

We need about 5 of them

I’ll go with Alex mowatt as one out of contract in the summer and been one of the dingles best players

Arguably an upgrade on Berge also
‘kin upgrade on Berge? What have you been smoking? Also makes Norwood look like Usain Bolt FFS man!

Gus Hamer and Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall would represent younger, fresher and more energetic versions of Norwood and Fleck. I think they'd be fabulous signings as they offer the same creative qualities (in the championship) but with a bit more dynamism and legs. Another option would be Josh Laurent who’s a proper athlete and would solve that issue for us. Reading in with a shout of promotion though.

In attacking midfield Siriki Dembele and Sheyi Ojo would be perfect as they're quick, direct and creative. They would compliment the strikers with their ability to make runs beyond them aswell. Dembele will have plenty of suitors, Ojo is at a career crossroads but is having a decent season at Cardiff.

I wouldn’t be against Ojo on loan next season. Would allow us to play Ojo left. Burke right. One forward up front. We’d have a counter attack, especially away from home that would scare teams shitless.

I'd go with Ilias Chair from QPR in the number 10 role, takes on players, breaks the lines and good passer of the ball.

Jorge Grant alongside Dembele - definitely two we should look at in L1.

Would love to see us go for 24yo Perry NG for a long-term RCB replacement for Bash... he has moved to Cardiff from L1 Crewe where he was captain and has done well, ever present since moving and racked up 3 assists in first 11 appearances... probably one for JTW 2022 tbh

Why are people putting suggestions on here for players we would have to buy? We won’t be spending anything.

Hopefully we get a good fee for Berge and get a couple of quality midfielders in.

Bit of a tangent but who the fuck plays midfield for the U23s??
Its completely unfathomable they havent been on the pitch so far, with the dross the first team has served up this season!
Gerremin. Get someone in!

Bit of a tangent but who the fuck plays midfield for the U23s??
Its completely unfathomable they havent been on the pitch so far, with the dross the first team has served up this season!
Gerremin. Get someone in!
Centre mid options are brunt, Maguire, broadbent and neal. Options in the 10 role seem to be ndiaye, brunt and Ayari.

Maguire is only 16 and going off wilders comments is getting on the bench as a reward for doing well for the 23s/18s to get experience of a first team environment. Broadbent is on loan at beerschot which seems to be a bridge too far at this stage. Neal I don’t know much about tbf but he doesn’t seem to be mentioned in dispatches very often. Brunt is probably the most likely but hasn’t been on the bench yet so it wouldn’t suggest an appearance is imminent but he’s a clever little player.

As for the other two who could play as a 10 ndiaye looks decent and a good dribbler but isn’t what you’d call polished yet but I’d hope he’ll see some pitch time between now and the end of the year. Ayari is inconsistent and currently more of an 18s player than a 23s player but that could change now he’s back from international duty.

A side note but I think worth mentioning is that a few of our U23’s got a bit involved with the online stuff with ramsdale defending him earlier in the season and getting a bit of stick themselves so the club might be taking a softly softly approach currently.

more than likely that 2 or 3 will be in consideration for squad players next season but weve got to get it right this time with midfield and need some physicality and pace in there so maybe a couple of loans and a signing in there

Centre mid options are brunt, Maguire, broadbent and neal. Options in the 10 role seem to be ndiaye, brunt and Ayari.

Maguire is only 16 and going off wilders comments is getting on the bench as a reward for doing well for the 23s/18s to get experience of a first team environment. Broadbent is on loan at beerschot which seems to be a bridge too far at this stage. Neal I don’t know much about tbf but he doesn’t seem to be mentioned in dispatches very often. Brunt is probably the most likely but hasn’t been on the bench yet so it wouldn’t suggest an appearance is imminent but he’s a clever little player.

As for the other two who could play as a 10 ndiaye looks decent and a good dribbler but isn’t what you’d call polished yet but I’d hope he’ll see some pitch time between now and the end of the year. Ayari is inconsistent and currently more of an 18s player than a 23s player but that could change now he’s back from international duty.

A side note but I think worth mentioning is that a few of our U23’s got a bit involved with the online stuff with ramsdale defending him earlier in the season and getting a bit of stick themselves so the club might be taking a softly softly approach currently.
Thanks for that Yogi.
Hmm seems like its only for jam tomorrow then!
Surely we should have some players in the U23s that could step up in defence or midfield or strikers.
This is basically the "reserves" these days, isnt it?
To have nobody anywhere near ready to play first team footy or even just push first teamer's to be half decent strikes me as a pretty ridiculous situation.
(PS. Dont forget the picernic box boo boo!) 😉

Thanks for that Yogi.
Hmm seems like its only for jam tomorrow then!
Surely we should have some players in the U23s that could step up in defence or midfield or strikers.
This is basically the "reserves" these days, isnt it?
To have nobody anywhere near ready to play first team footy or even just push first teamer's to be half decent strikes me as a pretty ridiculous situation.
(PS. Dont forget the picernic box boo boo!) 😉
Yeah it’s pretty much all jam tomorrow. The older lads who you’d expect to be more ready in terms of playing men’s football are all either on loan slater, smith, RND or have been released so as not to block the pathway of the younger lads.

Back
Top Bottom