Midfielders

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

'Leeds United are keen to offload Portugal forward Helder Costa in the summer and will listen to offers for the 27-year-old.'

More of an attacking wide player but would be a decent loan signing.

'Leeds United are keen to offload Portugal forward Helder Costa in the summer and will listen to offers for the 27-year-old.'

would be a very good signing if we change systems to a front 3

I wonder if Shackleton might be getting splinters sat on their bench and fancy a move in the summer.

If Liverpool were to put an offer in for Berge why not take Harry Wilson as part of the deal. Currently on loan a Cardiff and was on loan with the Cherries (Bournemouth) last season. Very pacey attacking player and good freekick taker just outside penalty box. Slim future at Anfield and surely wants to get more Welsh caps.

If Liverpool were to put an offer in for Berge why not take Harry Wilson as part of the deal. Currently on loan a Cardiff and was on loan with the Cherries (Bournemouth) last season. Very pacey attacking player and good freekick taker just outside penalty box. Slim future at Anfield and surely wants to get more Welsh caps.
Because Wilson is shit.

Fucking hell No!
Special teams is all he’s got and he only scores them once in a blue moon.

Other clubs circling around Besic now.
Still think he would be useful in the rough and tumble of the championship.

I suspect that ship has long since sailed. I too liked him but, while he's a great destroyer (albeit a walking red card), he's not creative enough to play centrally in a mid three, nor attacking/creative enough to play RCM if Utd maintain their 3-5-2 formation next season.

Fundamentally, he was on fortunes at Everton and I suspect would price himself out of a move to Utd.

Anyone think young Regan Slater might get a look in next year for us?

Isn't his contract up? I suspect if he has another year he might be a back-up in CM just because we need at least 3 new ones and will only have limited funds.

Isn't his contract up? I suspect if he has another year he might be a back-up in CM just because we need at least 3 new ones and will only have limited funds.
Possibly has a year extension option, know wilder was keen to put them in players contracts and he'll have signed his last one under Wilder.

Obviously depends if we see him having a future here as to if it's extended. Be daft not to if only to command a transfer fee and sell on clause if he's moved on

Anyone think young Regan Slater might get a look in next year for us?
Think he’s probably going to have a squad role. We should be operating with 5-6 centremids at first team level for depth depending on if we play a 3 or a 2. Given that we’ll likely be going into this summer absolutely threadbare in that department he’s got a good shot of being in the rotation.

He was struggling to get into the Hull side at one point wasn’t he? Has he been playing more regularly recently?

He was struggling to get into the Hull side at one point wasn’t he? Has he been playing more regularly recently?
Yeah seems to have broken into the team in the last few months and they’re warming to him quite a bit. On that trajectory he’s probably due another top league one loan to be a regular starter for a season or to cut his teeth in the champ and seeing we’re going to be in the division and will need midfielders he should at least be in the conversation for us.

Sounds like they started playing him as a box to box and it didn't suit him. Recently started playing him more in a defensive role and the reviews have changed massively. Although this knowledge is all gleaned from twitter and Roy's loan reports.

Yeah seems to have broken into the team in the last few months and they’re warming to him quite a bit. On that trajectory he’s probably due another top league one loan to be a regular starter for a season or to cut his teeth in the champ and seeing we’re going to be in the division and will need midfielders he should at least be in the conversation for us.

Sounds like they started playing him as a box to box and it didn't suit him. Recently started playing him more in a defensive role and the reviews have changed massively. Although this knowledge is all gleaned from twitter and Roy's loan reports.

He's only starting due to injury. As Stannington says, he previously covered the box to box role and was disappointing. He's now playing in a holding role and doing really well. 50/50 whether he'd be good enough at Championship level. It's one thing playing in a team on form and doing well. Another coming into a team just relegated.

He's only starting due to injury. As Stannington says, he previously covered the box to box role and was disappointing. He's now playing in a holding role and doing really well. 50/50 whether he'd be good enough at Championship level. It's one thing playing in a team on form and doing well. Another coming into a team just relegated.
Don’t expect him to be a starter for us but we need more depth than this year at centre mid so I’d like us to roll 5/6 deep next year and he could definitely be one of those.

We've had Woodbourn and Brewster off them, think that's enough of having our pants down for the time being.

CM: Osborn, Fleck, Norwood, Coulibaly, Brunt, Mowatt
CAM: Freeman, Didzy Ndiaye

Hull have gone up and his old man suggested he’d love to stay for another loan. He’s also best suited to defensive, midfield so depends also on Berge I suppose but it makes sense for him to prove himself at Championship level and if he can hold a starting role he can develop away from the pressure. If he’ll sign another deal to ensure he’s not out of contract in 2022 then it’s best all round that he stays at Hull and most importantly plays.

Hull have gone up and his old man suggested he’d love to stay for another loan. He’s also best suited to defensive, midfield so depends also on Berge I suppose but it makes sense for him to prove himself at Championship level and if he can hold a starting role he can develop away from the pressure. If he’ll sign another deal to ensure he’s not out of contract in 2022 then it’s best all round that he stays at Hull and most importantly plays.
Wouldn’t mind him going back to hull on loan with the proviso United are protected financially like you say. Just wonder if financially united can afford to sign the amount of midfielders required this summer.

Theres a lad at Preston who might be worth a look. I dont think hes missed a game since signing for them from Donny 😀

Theres a lad at Preston who might be worth a look. I dont think hes missed a game since signing for them from Donny 😀
As much as I loathe to criticise him even in these times, i do think it was a massive over sight from wilder by not offering him a 5 year deal, and loaning him up the pyramid with those teams paying his wages over these years and watching his development during this period while sti owning him.

I say this because we’d be in ideal position to bring back one of the best defensive midfielders in the league to the club, or we could have been coaching him in the RCB role with basham as his mentor. They’re very similar players with similar attributes but whiteman is about 10 years younger. Or we could have just sold him for big money at this point.

Perhaps there was a situation at the time which made it impossible to do that. Maybe donny didn’t want to pay his wages or we needed the 150k. Still though. Whatever happened has come back to bite us.

If we need someone to win the ball and “rat” around in midfield to gain possession and feed the more creative players whilst covering in front of the back 3 or 4 he is ideal.
In my opinion needs more time before he would add real value as a box to box player

He's not pulling up many trees in League 1.

Only started 10 games. Featured in 25 and scored 1.
He’s come into contention towards the back end of the season once his preferred position of DCM became open for him.
His old man has already said he’d be happy for him to stay in Hull next season at Championship level. Sounds like a sensible move for all if he signs a new deal with us.

Our 1/2 defensive midfielders for next season who can tackle, distribute the ball to our players,dictate a game,chip in with goals.We don't have one now, so We need one to come straight in and another for cover,who will they be?

Back
Top Bottom