CONFIRMED Michael Verrips

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Seems a good shot-stopper on here - some really good saves. He seems to want to punch a bit too much for me but that's always the case with goalkeepers today, particularly foreign ones. He's only 22 so I would imagine even if we don't sign Hendo that this lad if he signs, will be a back-up and one to develop.

Why do we really need to be signing some random Dutch keeper in ?

Keep moore as second choice as we know how good he is yes he’s no world beater but he’s a quality steady keeper who knows the defence more than anybody else

Looks like he has a lot of potential from that video. 22 years old, some really good reaction saves and can find a teammate with the ball at his feet. Nearly 6ft 5in and well built.

Work on his decision making re when to catch and when to punch (agree that he does seem yo like to punch the ball out a little too much), but he looks a potential gud un.

Hes also out of contract or so it seems so probably fee free.

Keep moore as second choice as we know how good he is yes he’s no world beater but he’s a quality steady keeper who knows the defence more than anybody else
Because Moore is far from good enough. What happens if Henderson snaps his Achilles in the first month of the season?

Seems a good shot-stopper on here - some really good saves. He seems to want to punch a bit too much for me but that's always the case with goalkeepers today, particularly foreign ones. He's only 22 so I would imagine even if we don't sign Hendo that this lad if he signs, will be a back-up and one to develop.

Not surprised he wants a transfer playing behind that defence! Looks like they’re getting mullered every match. We can develop him. We’ll teach him how to catch for example.

Do you think that's how our scouts operate ? We just go and get some random Dutch keeper in ?

I want to see a showreel of his mistakes, his bad positioning, his flapping at crossess, his weaknesses, etc.
Has he got the ability to adapt to a different lifestyle? The mental toughness to be challenging to be our outright goalkeeper?
Judge him on them and then see if he can be moulded or has the mindset to become a much better player.

If we were looking at an English goalkeeper from L1, because the Dutch second tier is nowhere near the standard of the Championship,
how long before we'd be questioning the management team?

Not reyt keen on goal keepers that make a save and push the ball back into play.

Not reyt keen on goal keepers that make a save and push the ball back into play.

Sorta bugs me this sort of stuff. No-one is going to put his ricks up for all to see. Reaction saves and spectacular dives are meat and drink to a keeper. I'd be far more interested in his positioning, whether he gets beaten on his near post, whether he can collect a routine ball 100% of the time, his judgment and leadership and you can only get to know that by scouting. Seems pretty good with his feet though, better than Hendo!

Based on he'll not be getting loaned out again - no one (else) can afford him & (surely) Manure will want some form of 'return' on their investment if he's as good as they (& he) think he is / his (new) contract suggests / indicates?
Romero is their 2nd choice. That's not changing any time soon.

It makes sense for all parties for him to end up at Bramall Lane for the season. And he will.

It makes sense for all parties for him to end up at Bramall Lane for the season. And he will.

Villa are actively in the market for a keeper. They wouldn't would they??????

(Humble) Apologies
Clearly I should have maintained my original / initial (3rd) draft - discarded in favour of (obviously failed) brevity / levity in the post submitted:-

Should Henderson sustain an injury it may be likely that he will be replaced by a less able / junior employee of Manchester United Football Club to undertake the position Henderson has been ascribed / attained by said employer.. Scrupulous checking of 'facts' would indicate that DH is not (yet) deemed of sufficient competence / quality to oust the current incumbent of the 'deputy1st team' goalkeeper position.Thus should he (Dean Henderson), for any reason, become temporarily unable to fulfil his roles as (at least) 3rd choice within the 'custodian' hierarchy at Old Trafford it would appear likely that his position therein would be (temporarily) occupied by an (even more) junior / less proficient member of the 'goal keepers' union.
Regrettably at this juncture I am prevented from accurately identifying that (4th choice) individual. I am however confident that other posters within the Sheffield United community have greater insight into,and understanding of, the personnel currently in the employ of a (rival) Football Club that, regrettably, I have little, if any interest.

NB: Please note that I cannot be held responsible , nor liable for any inaccuracies documented above, even on occasion when such were intended purely for 'comedic' purpose

Because Moore is far from good enough. What happens if Henderson snaps his Achilles in the first month of the season?

Why do people think Moore isn’t good enough ?

I can’t remember him making one mistake, he isn’t premier league quality but he’s definitely good enough to be a back up.

Id much rather have moor who’s been here is a part of the group and knows the defense like the back of his hand than some Dutch goalkeeper who nobody’s heard off

Back
Top Bottom