Mcburnie

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

His running style and the way he moves isn’t pleasing on the eye.
So unless there’s an end product it’s easy to be negative because he doesn’t have that athletic footballer look.

It was the same with Steve Claridge.....remember him....he was always referred to as a scruffy looking footballer.
He always looked knackered ....a lot of his goals were called “scruffy” goals too.

He reminds me of a less skillful version of Berbatov. Needs service as other has mentioned, the chances don't really fall to him as much as we'd like for some reason

He has done nothing to change my mind that he is a £17m work horse.

Fantastic work rate and effort but sadly in this league a player needs quality to go with the hard work

Scored today only to have it (rightly) ruled out for something that wasn’t his fault. Contributed to the build up nicely a few times. Not convinced he’s an out-and-out number nine, and I’d like to see him play with Billy or Mousset.

i think not having a settled front 2 is becoming a issue. Next game i would try mcburnie and the moose, and stick with them a few games, also try Fleck norwood and freeman in midfield, sorry lunny , nothing personal, just need a bit more creativity in midfield.

The big frustration today was when he decided to throw the toys out of the pram when getting out muscled then drawn in to a battle he can’t win.

He needs to learn quick and decide when and we’re to play. Trying to turn on the half way line in the second half and put the afterburners on getting no where but floored is frustrating. Especially after that had been dominant on the ball for 5 mins.

The big frustration today was when he decided to throw the toys out of the pram when getting out muscled then drawn in to a battle he can’t win.

He needs to learn quick and decide when and we’re to play. Trying to turn on the half way line in the second half and put the afterburners on getting no where but floored is frustrating. Especially after that had been dominant on the ball for 5 mins.

This. He needs to concentrate on his game and not petty battles.

Seen him a few times now and while I won’t write him off, I really don’t think he’s offering much up front at the moment.

McG won more in the air, Sharp had the measure of Vestergaard immediately, something McB didn’t manage.

I just think he plays partly to have a battle with a centre half and referee and it’s not necessary.

He has some good touches and hopefully will improve with games but today Che Adams was streets ahead both physically and technically (answering the OP not saying we had a choice of McB or Adams).

Haven’t seen anything that justifies his price tag,
Che Adams looks more effective for less money,
Agree or disagree?

Agree to date. Watched him for Scotland the other night and he looked woeful. But it can all come good in a heartbeat and he hasn’t really had a run of games.

The reality is that in terms of the Premier league we do not have a Premier league quality forward, but like many other clubs we have to use what we have to do our best. A premier league striker is £50 million+, way beyond the means of half the current PL! I look at DCL at Everton & cannot see how he makes their team regularly, but alongside Richarlison, etc they seem to make it work, which is what we have to do. A regular pairing might be a start.

Back
Top Bottom