Mcburnie has to start

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

QUOTE="Barney, post: 3522064, member: 16314"]
How is a proven championship goalscorer 'L1 quality at best'. He hasnt even had a run of games this season yet
[/QUOTE]

25 years old and 1 (very) good season scoring goals is proven? I think you could argue Billy is a proven goalscorer though.

If someone could tell me what McBurnie is actually good at from a centre forward perspective I’d be interested to find out.

He’s not a target man, not quick, not skilful, can’t strike a ball correctly, doesn’t have good movement, doesn’t draw fouls. These are a lot of fundamentals of being a forward that he isn’t good at 🤷‍♂️

As a lone striker Billy has been outstanding. Movement and link up play. 5 assists now across the season ( if you include yesterday's as an assist). If anything his finishing has been a bit sluggish, but I think there is seriously no question, he is the best finisher we have. McBurnie would seem the obvious alternative in this formation, but along with Brewster, we have to forget the price and they have to get back in the queue. and he was not just good agisnt Peterboro, he was exceptional.

Last night McBurnie comes out to warm up.

He spends 10/15 minutes talking to an opposition sub. He hardly ever watches the game, even when Preston have two quick corners in succession.

25,000 people engrossed in the game but not our hero McBurnie.
Spotted that and it really wound me up. He’s no interest in getting is head down and being a top pro, just wants to be in the groovy gang, waster.

I’m afraid at the moment we need triers and he ain’t one.

Genuine question, could McBurnie be turned in a centre half in a Dion Dublin, Chris Sutton, Gary Doherty, Paul Warhurst type transformation as players that could do both?

Common theme is that he's decent defending his own box but can't hit a barn door at the other end.
24 goals in 44 games in one good season, 27 goals in the other 148 is extremely average for a so-called striker

McBurnie should have been brought on last night but I can't agree he should have started.
He should have started at CB , he's a lot better at aerially defending our area than Robinson + sometimes I would back him against Egan to clear an opposition corner.
Sometimes you have to "think outside the box" (or in Slav's case , inside our box).
Whenever we are defending a 1goal lead + getting bullied in the air by some big feckers , MCBURNIE SHOUKD BE THE DEFAULT CHOICE TO COME ON + KEEP THE OPPOSITION OUT.
He's done it loads of times.
Slav needs helpful advice from those at the Lane who have seen him do it.
If Slav thinks of McBurnie as a striker , he's missing the point - if McBurnie could control his temper for 20 mins , he'd be an excellent CB to see a game out.
Robinson the LB (playing CB) can fuck right off now.
We have Davies , Lopata , Bash , McBurnie & the mean-looking free-agent fecker we've just signed.
None of them could be as bad as Robbo.

Any striker who's main purpose is to get the midfielders to score, shouldnt really be playing as a striker
Yeh but we are where we are - apart from old Billy , we haven't got any strikers who can score.

Anyone who actually thinks McBurnie is a good footballer and should be playing for Sheffield United should be laughed at, and all future football opinions from them should be pointed at and ridiculed.
He's good at defensive headed clearances , which would have got us 2 points last night

A fit Mousset is our number 1 striker by a country mile.

Sharp and Mcburnie depends on who the opposition is. A weak defence like Peterboro them sharp, a land of the giants defence like preston, boro etc then Mcburnie
You think McB is a target man against big defenders ? God help you. He is palpably powder puff against CB muscle.

Genuine question, could McBurnie be turned in a centre half in a Dion Dublin, Chris Sutton, Gary Doherty, Paul Warhurst type transformation as players that could do both?

Common theme is that he's decent defending his own box but can't hit a barn door at the other end.
24 goals in 44 games in one good season, 27 goals in the other 148 is extremely average for a so-called striker

How many goals did Our Bill score in the two seasons we were in the premier league , I think they are very similar and our Bill takes penalties

Bill scored 6 in 41 premier league appearances and I fancy a few of those were penalties

Bill has scored 1 goal in 7 appearances this season so its hardly Ronaldo is it

How many goals did Our Bill score in the two seasons we were in the premier league , I think they are very similar and our Bill takes penalties

Bill scored 6 in 41 premier league appearances and I fancy a few of those were penalties

Bill has scored 1 goal in 7 appearances this season so its hardly Ronaldo is it
I'm not backing up Sharp over McBurnie, I'd love McBurnie to come good but based on his stats, aside from the one good season and a loan spell at Barnsley, is he any more of a striker than if we put Basham or Egan up there? The goals column isn't exactly sparkling.
1631720478123.png

Attachments

• 1631720364254.png
    1631720364254.png
    102.9 KB · Views: 4
I'm not backing up Sharp over McBurnie, I'd love McBurnie to come good but based on his stats, aside from the one good season and a loan spell at Barnsley, is he any more of a striker than if we put Basham or Egan up there? The goals column isn't exactly sparkling.
View attachment 121092

There's plenty of seasons when Our Bill hasn't scored many if you want to dig down into the stats , Im sure that in those seasons there were circumstances like not playing or been a bench player getting 10 minute cameos like in mcburnies stats or brewter also as an example

What is fair to say is in the championship when he has had a run of games like at swansea he scores goals 22 in 42 APPS for swansea and 9 in 17 for the dingles where he won player of the season

If we are playing with one striker then Bill isn't good enough on his own

And yes he played well against peterboro
And who upfront are you going to drop, Billy, Gibbs White are Ndiayi, or would you drop a midfielder, Slav knows what he is doing, do you think the same?

Mcburnie bench warmer ,we've needed a.big strong centre half for.18 months ,set piece defending is our Achilles heel

View attachment 121092
Finally! Iv been saying this to my mates since I first saw him, he scored more in that season than what he has In the rest of his career, same with Brewster, for wilder to waste 40 Mill on these 2 was a joke

Finally! Iv been saying this to my mates since I first saw him, he scored more in that season than what he has In the rest of his career, same with Brewster, for wilder to waste 40 Mill on these 2 was a joke

Yes but Mcburnie has scored more premier league golas than sharp so were you saying the same about sharp ? Mcburnie also scored the same ammount of goals as sharp the year before in the championship

Or was it that we spent "20 MILLLL!!!!" more like 13 Million on Mcburnie and you have high expectations

Yes but Mcburnie has scored more premier league golas than sharp so were you saying the same about sharp ? Mcburnie also scored the same ammount of goals as sharp the year before in the championship

Or was it that we spent "20 MILLLL!!!!" more like 13 Million on Mcburnie and you have high expectations
He,s scored a whopping ONE more goal than sharp in the premiership with 18 more appearances, I somehow how think Billy might have have got 1 or maybe 2 goals with another 18 appearances!
Yes he scored the same amount of goals in the championship the previous season but that's my whole argument, that was the best season of his career, he hasn't come close before or after, how many times has Billy got 20?
Don't get me wrong i want mcburnie n Brewster to prove me wrong and both times he played against us for Swansea he was more than a handfull but hes not done it that much for us.
On a side note who's our joint top scorer n top of the assist table this year, il give you a clue....
It ain't mcburnie

He,s scored a whopping ONE more goal than sharp in the premiership with 18 more appearances, I somehow how think Billy might have have got 1 or maybe 2 goals with another 18 appearances!
Yes he scored the same amount of goals in the championship the previous season but that's my whole argument, that was the best season of his career, he hasn't come close before or after, how many times has Billy got 20?
Don't get me wrong i want mcburnie n Brewster to prove me wrong and both times he played against us for Swansea he was more than a handfull but hes not done it that much for us.
On a side note who's our joint top scorer n top of the assist table this year, il give you a clue....
It ain't mcburnie

And how exactly can either of Mcburnie or Brewster add Bogle into that mix prove anyone wrong sat on the bench

Theres £50 million pounds worth of players there if we weren't gonna play them we should have sold them

And how exactly can either of Mcburnie or Brewster add Bogle into that mix prove anyone wrong sat on the bench

Theres £50 million pounds worth of players there if we weren't gonna play them we should have sold them
50 million is what we payed for them, not what their worth currently, somehow I don't think we'll get our money back until they start scoring but I'm not stupid and obviously they can't do that from the bench
If I'm honest from the very start of the season slav should have started with the pair of em upfront and gave them a minimum of 3-5 games to get up to speed but he obviously doesn't think either should be starting at the mo

Who the fuck with any brain cells is gonna buy McB or Brewster for millions , never mind pay their undeserved wages ?

I think it's a pertinent question as wonder whether Sharp can do 3x90 mins in a week (who knows may be proven wrong as he is superman reincarnate!)

However one thing we need from a lone striker is someone who can drag defenders around. The next best option after Billy is Mousset by a country mile.

Unfortunately Mcburnie doesn't come close in that regard.

mcB below Moose in the pecking order for me in this formation.

I think it's a pertinent question as wonder whether Sharp can do 3x90 mins in a week (who knows may be proven wrong as he is superman reincarnate!)

However one thing we need from a lone striker is someone who can drag defenders around. The next best option after Billy is Mousset by a country mile.

Unfortunately Mcburnie doesn't come close in that regard.

mcB below Moose in the pecking order for me in this formation.
Mousset can’t drag his own arse around a pitch without having the next 6 weeks on the sidelines. I don’t know where that notion comes from?!

Back
Top Bottom