Mcburnie has to start

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

McBurnie would obviously benefit from a run in the team but realistically he can’t be ahead of Billy on current form…..
Totally agree, one good performance and a half decent cameo is not enough to oust Billy, if you want a place in the starting 11 then you work your bollocks off and make yourself undropable. Mcburnie justifies his place in the match day squad as he is useful as a sub , more so for defending set pieces, bits that is all for now

Totally agree, one good performance and a half decent cameo is not enough to oust Billy, if you want a place in the starting 11 then you work your bollocks off and make yourself undropable. Mcburnie justifies his place in the match day squad as he is useful as a sub , more so for defending set pieces, bits that is all for now

Billy who has had one good performance against Peterborough 👍

8 Apps & 2 Goals 👍

Billy has consistently proven his worth, throughout his entire career.
The most goals bill sharp has ever scored in a championship season was the season we went up with 23 h has managed 15 with Donny twice

He has proven to be a 20 goal striker in the championship once which mcburine did when he was 22 in the same season

Since then neither Mcburnie or sharp have consistently scored as they both played in defensive teams feeding on scraps

Those are FACTS and takeaway any Bladey blade he's our Bill bias

This argument is going to keep going even when Both have retired due to our truly freakish fanbase.

As I see it, in this new system, McBurnie is our only alternative to Billy (given Mousset cannot be relied upon).

I hope Oli can play his way into form, but he's consistently proven his inconsistency since he joined us. He flippantly acknowledged himself that he's been "wank" for us on his Instagram... nice of him to be honest about it, but it'd be even better if he did something about it.
The guys obviously got some ability because once every 5-6 games he puts himself about, links play, wins everything in the air and actually looks like a Premier League player.
But unfortunately the other 70/80% of the time he's completely ineffective, disinterested and provides zero goal threat. His attitude therefore has to be questioned.

There's barely a comparison to be made between him & Billy in terms of what he's done, his effort levels, his clever link up, goal-getting ability etc. Sharp's assisted 3 directly, but had a huge hand in Egan's goals against Hull & also bagged one himself. He's missed some sitters, but he's at least in the right places to be missing them. I wish I could see an argument for dropping Sharp for McBurnie given the money spent, their respective ages etc. but it's non-existenent.

As I see it, in this new system, McBurnie is our only alternative to Billy (given Mousset cannot be relied upon).

I hope Oli can play his way into form, but he's consistently proven his inconsistency since he joined us. He flippantly acknowledged himself that he's been "wank" for us on his Instagram... nice of him to be honest about it, but it'd be even better if he did something about it.
The guys obviously got some ability because once every 5-6 games he puts himself about, links play, wins everything in the air and actually looks like a Premier League player.
But unfortunately the other 70/80% of the time he's completely ineffective, disinterested and provides zero goal threat. His attitude therefore has to be questioned.

There's barely a comparison to be made between him & Billy in terms of what he's done, his effort levels, his clever link up, goal-getting ability etc. Sharp's assisted 3 directly, but had a huge hand in Egan's goals against Hull & also bagged one himself. He's missed some sitters, but he's at least in the right places to be missing them. I wish I could see an argument for dropping Sharp for McBurnie given the money spent, their respective ages etc. but it's non-existenent.
I'm not sure if he's disinterested to be honest, he just seems to lose concentration and starts with pathetic petty fouls and like you say becomes totally ineffective.

He's way below Sharp's level, if Sharp was born with pace he'd have been an England regular imo, one of the best natural goalscorers in the game

The most goals bill sharp has ever scored in a championship season was the season we went up with 23 h has managed 15 with Donny twice

He has proven to be a 20 goal striker in the championship once which mcburine did when he was 22 in the same season

Since then neither Mcburnie or sharp have consistently scored as they both played in defensive teams feeding on scraps

Those are FACTS and takeaway any Bladey blade he's our Bill bias
Never let us down.

McBurnie has a lot of hard work to do, to make himself first choice, undroppable and unplayable.

We have work to do, to continue building a system that creates chances, and helps him out with that.

And I want him to do well here, before anyone asks.

The last 3 games is not the season but he's been one of our best players overall, so far. I just don't think he can do it twice a week until April.

McBurnie has to step up. Been signs over the last few games that this might happen.

If he couldn’t get on the pitch ahead of a left back and defensive midfielder tonight I think it says all you need to know about how he’s rated by the manager

I think Slav sees him as someone to bring on as effectively an extra defender for corners when we're winning a game rather than when we're trying to score to get back in the game

I think Slav sees him as someone to bring on as effectively an extra defender for corners when we're winning a game rather than when we're trying to score to get back in the game
I’m really glad that’s what our £20m striker is going to be used for.

I’d have liked to have seen him 2nd half today because Billy had a shocker but it seems Slav thinks he’s crap so he didn’t bother.

If he couldn’t get on the pitch ahead of a left back and defensive midfielder tonight I think it says all you need to know about how he’s rated by the manager

I don’t disagree however do find it strange after he singled mcburnie out for praise after the Southampton

Slav must have sent a message to McBurnie and Brewster tonight Sharp was even on the wings up against two giants alone, he ran himself into the ground.
Yet Brewster and McBurnie were left tied to the bench.

I’m really glad that’s what our £20m striker is going to be used for.

I’d have liked to have seen him 2nd half today because Billy had a shocker but it seems Slav thinks he’s crap so he didn’t bother.

Scotland used to use him the same way bit of a shit house to bring on and cause trouble, let's be honest he's a 2m striker that we paid 20m for

I think Billy should have came off tonight, he can't do 3 games in a week at 36, I don't think mcburnie would have made any difference whatsoever to the result tho

Aye ……

Get sharp off he is useless

Back
Top Bottom