McBurnie and Jebbo future

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Apart from last season when he scored checks notes 15 goals?
Well as the discussion is goals in the Championship I assume the posters mean Championship League goals so I double checked notes for you? He got 13 last season, Zero goals the season before so his grand total of Championship goals for us in TWO seasons in total is 13.

Well as the discussion is goals in the Championship I assume the posters mean Championship League goals so I double checked notes for you? He got 13 last season, Zero goals the season before so his grand total of Championship goals for us in TWO seasons in total is 13.
He scored 15 goals last season.

He scored 15 goals last season.
As I said, the discussion is goals in the Championship which is 13 over Two seasons. If someone had said how many goals did he score in total last year you could add on the two cup goals one against Wrexham and one against Blackburn which you have done but the poster clearly said in the Championship. 13 in two seasons is the correct answer.

As I said, the discussion is goals in the Championship which is 13 over Two seasons. If someone had said how many goals did he score in total last year you could add on the two cup goals one against Wrexham and one against Blackburn which you have done but the poster clearly said in the Championship. 13 in two seasons is the correct answer.
The poster didn't say anything about the Championship, 'clearly' or not.

'He hasn't got close to 15 goals since his Swansea days' was the quote. Read it again. That's not correct. He got 15 last season.

Even if you insist on being pedantic/incorrect, his total of 13 Championship goals last season is still close to 15. Is it not?

And you have won Bully's Special Prize!

vlcsnap-01360.jpg

The poster didn't say anything about the Championship, 'clearly' or not.

'He hasn't got close to 15 goals since his Swansea days' was the quote. Read it again. That's not correct. He got 15 last season.

Even if you insist on being pedantic/incorrect, his total of 13 Championship goals last season is still close to 15. Is it not?
The poster when mentioning Swansea was replying to this “he's gonna get you close to 15 goals next season. How many in the championship are about who can do that”

So as he mentions Championsip I think it’s fair to assume he means in the Championship.

And sorry I am being pedantic but when people think he’s some sort of bagsman when in reality he has scored 13 championship goals in Two seasons in total I had to stick my two penneth in. Ndiaye running amok helped him get his 13 last year but if we have him next season I’d be surprised if he got more than 4 goals especially with how injury prone he is now. Punt him.

Said my piece and wasn’t meaning any offence by it so yes he got 15 in total last year including cup goals.

The poster when mentioning Swansea was replying to this “he's gonna get you close to 15 goals next season. How many in the championship are about who can do that”

So as he mentions Championsip I think it’s fair to assume he means in the Championship.

And sorry I am being pedantic but when people think he’s some sort of bagsman when in reality he has scored 13 championship goals in Two seasons in total I had to stick my two penneth in. Ndiaye running amok helped him get his 13 last year but if we have him next season I’d be surprised if he got more than 4 goals especially with how injury prone he is now. Punt him.

Said my piece and wasn’t meaning any offence by it so yes he got 15 in total last year including cup goals.
McBurnie made 38 league appearances last season with 25 starts. He was on the pitch for 2,225 minutes which works out at just under 25 full matches. That puts his strike rate at over 1 in 2 which is great no matter the level.

The issue with McBurnie is twofold: his strengths at Championship level are negated by PL defenders and PL refereeing and his inability to stay fit for a full season really counts against him.

I'd not be at all surprised if he followed the Lundstram trail to Ibrox in the summer.

McBurnie made 38 league appearances last season with 25 starts. He was on the pitch for 2,225 minutes which works out at just under 25 full matches. That puts his strike rate at over 1 in 2 which is great no matter the level.

The issue with McBurnie is twofold: his strengths at Championship level are negated by PL defenders and PL refereeing and his inability to stay fit for a full season really counts against him.

I'd not be at all surprised if he followed the Lundstram trail to Ibrox in the summer.
Ibrox or Saudi? Ibrox probably a better fit for a pale strawberry blond footballer. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Mcburnie was playing strike partner next to our most talented attacking player for a generation. I think even Chris Porter would have bagged a fair few.

I'm curious to know just how every body on here (with the exception of myself) seems to know for certain that we will be brassic in the summer and have 'no money'? Everyone must be attending the meetings with the owner/Bettis/the manager to be so sure of things and future agreed no budgets.

As I don't attend these meetings I am blissfully unaware of our shit state of not having a pot to piss in in the summer, and will carry on naively thinking that the freeing up of wages for those out of the door in two months (who were on expensive contracts) and with one or two of the failed big buy boys getting flogged will probably mean we have a very competitive budget for the championship next season. Then again, as I haven't been at the clubs internal financial meetings like every other poster on here has, no doubt I will be disappointed in the summer.

Transfer fees in the Championship aren't really a deciding factor in squad building. Wages are, and we will be competitive in this area. Or maybe we won't...thing is, only CW, the Owner and Bettis will know.
We spent relatively nothing having just been promoted to the Premier League, so why would we suddenly start spending when we're back in the Championship?

Mcburnie was playing strike partner next to our most talented attacking player for a generation. I think even Chris Porter would have bagged a fair few.
Didn't they score the same amount?

People who have a vendetta against mcburnie and refuse to accept he was a big part in our promotion are just being willfully blind. There was a spell pre world cup where he was the dominant player even with a hernia until he did his ankle the game before the world cup break

People who have a vendetta against mcburnie and refuse to accept he was a big part in our promotion are just being willfully blind. There was a spell pre world cup where he was the dominant player even with a hernia until he did his ankle the game before the world cup break

As I said upthread he had a fantastic spell between 26 August and 5 November when he scored 9 in 13 games (10 of which were starts). Since then it's been a bit meh. Some good games, some bad games, little consistency unfortunately. It can't be denied that he played a big role in promotion though.

What about Ramsdale sell on clause - that may help us significantly
If we have maxed out the 24m rising to 30m, how much more can we expect for him?

Any other sell ons? Can’t quite see Newcastle bidding 60m for Calvert-Lewin!

The sad fact is that we're generally a better team when McBurnie plays, not least as he's our best set-piece defender. He also seems to have some presence in the dressing room and on the pitch which is something we generally lack.
Kieffer Moore would seem an obvious replacement but he's now 31.
Jebbo will probably go to a lower Prem/upper Championship club and has probably been promised something which is why he won't sign a new contract.
Could be another DCL or another Slew or anything in between. Not so much a loss now but may prove to be in future if we miss out on a potential transfer or sell-on fee.
Bottom line is, as usual, how much money we have in the summer and how smart we are with signings.
You'd hope Wilder and the Prince are already on that drawing board this week and that the owner would at least have the common sense to realise we cannot go into another season like we did this.
The pity of this is that you could kind of look at them as a pair. McBurnie we know isn’t always fit but he does add assets when he is available in the Championship.

They would be plenty of room and game time for Jebbo to play as rotation/back up for that role.

Just not clear where Jebbo sees himself in what is a wasted season. Not going to speculate on him, just a pity as minutes have been there for the taking.

It feels that someone takes Morgan Whittaker and Jebbo ends up at somewhere like Plymouth if he wants to be a regular or a Brentford take a punt on him hoping he reaches potential.

He’s as likely to get just as much football at United and he’ll get more chances with us in terms of goal scoring than a Plymouth.

You just wonder how the hell we end up in this situation, not being able to tie down a young squad player AND having him mysteriously miss the entire season at a great age. I swear we’re cursed sometimes. Perhaps cursed with incompetence but cursed all the same!

Illy got 1 more goal, but also 9 more assists. As people have stated there was a purple patch for Mcburnie where he was doing well goals wise, which is quite breif within the rest of his 5 years here.

He's by not the worst striker we've had, but for the money and wages paid I've always wanted better. More mobility, more consistency, more skill.

Whats frustrating is we could have signed Toney at that time too, and I know a lot of people on this board thought he was worth a go for probably half the transfer fee.

United had opened contract talks with McBurnie earlier in the season to try and keep the Scottish international at Bramall Lane but Wilder revealed last week that all negotiations were on hold as the Blades put full focus on their survival bid.

That just says to me McBurnie isn't signing a new a deal.

United had opened contract talks with McBurnie earlier in the season to try and keep the Scottish international at Bramall Lane but Wilder revealed last week that all negotiations were on hold as the Blades put full focus on their survival bid.

That just says to me McBurnie isn't signing a new a deal.

Do they realise how amateur that sounds?
We've had to pause contract negotiations whilst we focus on survival...
How many employees do we have working at the club?

I would be pleased if Jebbo stayed but not disappointed to see McBurnie leave.
Exactly the way I see it. McBurnie would be nice to keep but its not season-defining. I feel sometimes McBurnie slows us down when we're trying to hit teams on the break away from home. I would however love to see Mcburnie in a steel city derby, albeit he'd probably last 30 minutes before an elbow is thrown in

I would be pleased if Jebbo stayed but not disappointed to see McBurnie leave.
I'd be the opposite. Jebbison apparently has potential, but we've yet to see it above League 1. McBurnie has scored 11 Premier League goals overall and he's got a decent record in the Championship as well.

McBurnie brings more to the team, in certain games and often is able to create space. From what i've seen of Jebbison and Osula, they're often used to chase down games, but often with little impact.

Problem for McBurnie is staying fit. Same seems to apply to Jebbison but he's not even made the bench or off the bench for more than a handful of games since he came back from his freescoring spell at Burton, so he carries less value to the team

If Jebbison is to remain, then i think he's got to be on a condition of game time either with us or in another league one side to prove himself more

It reads to me as we couldn't reach a deal earlier in the season with McBurnie we might try again but probably not.

So far evidence suggests that McBurnie, even with his injury and discipline issues, will contribute more than Jebbison.

What Jebbison has on his side is time and the potential to improve.

Wages wise and value for money, who knows.

We’re 8 months too late to start focusing on survival, we should have done that last summer.

If someone puts out a comment with “we need to wait to know what division we’ll be in next season before we offer contracts” that will take the biscuit.

Do you believe that is the real reason, if they were desperate or close to securing him?
It's put out to kill the question being floated every week for updates.

It sounds like exactly what it is, which is something to kick it into the long grass. They're not close to renewing and it won't happen unless someone is willing to move.

Do you believe that is the real reason, if they were desperate or close to securing him?
It's put out to kill the question being floated every week for updates.

It sounds like exactly what it is, which is something to kick it into the long grass. They're not close to renewing and it won't happen unless someone is willing to move.

Nothing would surprise me Flatulent_Bob . It all seems very two-bob, tinpot behind the scenes.
To answer your question, no - I don't believe it's the truth. But it presents as amateur.

I presume you're making a point toward my earlier comments. This is completely different. You're not daft, you know it is too.

FWIW, completely off topic, I think Southgate has done a really solid job as England manager & we've taken strides under him each tournament (even if we went out a stage or so earlier in the last World Cup).
This one will define his legacy though. We've seen the incremental improvements, we saw (against France) that we can compete with the World's best in knockout football, now is the time to deliver.
That's not to say necessarily that we should win it, there are still some weaknesses in the XI, but we should - as a minimum - reach the Semis and not wilt at any point.

With everyone fit, we have the best attack in the Euros. Question marks remain over who partners Rice (I think he's made a mistake not looking at Mainoo), centre half (lack of quality) & full back (due to injuries).

Back
Top Bottom