McBurnie and Jebbo future

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Don’t we?

I'm quite happy that said combination of players, properly augmented by the introduction of creative midfield players through either the loan market or the continued development of Blaster, Brooks etc, would be on the receiving end of enough quality chances that we would get the goals we need to be competitive in the Championship. I'll freely admit that I'm towards the clapper end of the spectrum when it comes to evaluating our younger players, but I really don't see this as a "lack experience, must bring in carthorse" situation and continue to block development. Someone who can operate as a plan B? I wouldn't necessarily hate that, but wouldn't pay the earth for it, same as nobody would pay the earth for a rotation/squad player option

Maybe we're just a fanbase with a disproportionate amount of fans who are very happy to stick the knife into any player who is missing time through no fault of his own

Not sure I see your point.

My earlier post was saying that maybe Jebbo needs to be careful about who he signs for as there is a chance that the supporters of the team he does sign for might be less tolerant of the thead missing game time that we have been. That seems to be a view in contradiction of what you have posted I.e the fans have generally been lenient on him because we understand that there have been personal 'issues' and because he is a lad from our academy. I actually think we have as a set of fans, been very patient with the lad (and quite understandably). Other teams supporters might not be. That was my point.

So... No. I don't think that we are a "fanbase with a disproportionate amount of fans who are very happy to stick the knife into any player who is missing time through no fault of his own".

Mcburnie is often gash most of the time he plays and when you add in injury he's a half decent player for about 20% of the season, that won't be any good at all when we won't have much squad depth because we blew all the prem money on black paint.

Not sure I see your point.

My earlier post was saying that maybe Jebbo needs to be careful about who he signs for as there is a chance that the supporters of the team he does sign for might be less tolerant of the thead missing game time that we have been

Yes, I read that point fine. My point is that given the level of vitriol I have read towards Jebbo, Brewster, McBurnie and many more, is I find it hard to believe that said subsequent club's fans would be worse than us. Players do not get injured on purpose, and yet there are a huge number here that seems to hold said injuries against a number of players, which are through zero fault of the player, and it's unbelievably stupid

Yes, I read that point fine. My point is that given the level of vitriol I have read towards Jebbo, Brewster, McBurnie and many more, is I find it hard to believe that said subsequent club's fans would be worse than us. Players do not get injured on purpose, and yet there are a huge number here that seems to hold said injuries against a number of players, which are through zero fault of the player, and it's unbelievably stupid

Ahh I see. In which case, I disagree completely with you. We are no different to any other set of fans. In fact, I'd say we are generally a patient bunch. There will always be some who have different views and who will shout louder. Tis life.

McBurnie overall is fine. He’s a popular squad member with the youngens. He’s decent in the air. His link-up play is alright. Finishing fine. He’s a 4/10 striker at Premier League level and probably a 6/10 striker in the Championship. He also has problems with injuries. All things considered, as we move forward with a leaner and younger side, I’ve no huge issue with him going. But it’s clear that we’re losing an experienced striker with a bit of leadership and nous and we’d suffer if we didn’t bring someone in to provide that. But I think we can at a fairly reasonable price.

It feels ridiculous to lose Jebbison (and McBurnie) on a free but in reality we’re just losing someone who is nothing more than potential right now and if it means focusing more on developing Osula it may be no bad thing long-term. Wouldn’t surprise me at all if Jebbison were to have a DCL type arc but it’s clear we have no choice really.

Ahh I see. In which case, I disagree completely with you. We are no different to any other set of fans. In fact, I'd say we are generally a patient bunch. There will always be some who have different views and who will shout louder. Tis life.

Fair enough. I just don't recall seeing City fans having a go at de Bruyne for being injured, Chelsea fans having a go at Nkunku, Newcastle fans having a go at Barnes etc. It's clearly not even every player for us - I don't recall anyone having a go at Basham for suffering a season ending injury, or Egan for that matter, but when it comes to players where people seemingly have an agenda, it's seemingly fair game?

I'm quite happy that said combination of players, properly augmented by the introduction of creative midfield players through either the loan market or the continued development of Blaster, Brooks etc, would be on the receiving end of enough quality chances that we would get the goals we need to be competitive in the Championship. I'll freely admit that I'm towards the clapper end of the spectrum when it comes to evaluating our younger players, but I really don't see this as a "lack experience, must bring in carthorse" situation and continue to block development. Someone who can operate as a plan B? I wouldn't necessarily hate that, but wouldn't pay the earth for it, same as nobody would pay the earth for a rotation/squad player option
Let's see what happens in the summer, but if we start with that forward line up, I will gladly have a bet with you for charity at which end of the table that we will be competing at!

Re Jebbo fuck knows what's wrong with him as it's been a wall of silence from the club.

But I don't see how we will miss someone who in last 2 years has had a few cameos and not kicked a ball this season.

Jebbo is all GDPR crazy. Doesn't want details being shared.

Jebbison has the physical attributes to be a Premier League player, in the same way that DCL did. But every other of our academy products to end up at that level has looked good in the Championship from day one. DCL was very much a one-off, in that someone took a punt on his potential and it paid off.

Fair enough. I just don't recall seeing City fans having a go at de Bruyne for being injured, Chelsea fans having a go at Nkunku, Newcastle fans having a go at Barnes etc. It's clearly not even every player for us - I don't recall anyone having a go at Basham for suffering a season ending injury, or Egan for that matter, but when it comes to players where people seemingly have an agenda, it's seemingly fair game?
The players in question have only ever had support at games.

Any vitriol comes by way of comments on line about their regular injuries and unavailability. I don't agree in the main but understand some of the frustration.

Ultimately though I'm only really bothered about the support they get where it matters.

According to Alan Nixon, both McBurnie and Jebbison have failed to agree new contracts and are apparently hoping to get a fresh start elsewhere, with both hoping a Premier League move comes along.

Jebbison hasn’t featured all season with a mystery injury. The young striker burst onto the scene as a 17 year old in the Premier League under Chris Wilder’s first period in charge. However, he’s failed to kick on since then and has been side-lined all season.

players come and players go, under Warnock we had a revolving door approach
after the loan players have gone theres a minibus full of out of contract players looking for pastues new

mc b is one of those Marmite players, loved and loathed in equal measure

might need to start training early June so all the new faces can get aquainted

Given that Premier league teams only have 25 players to put into the squad, I’d say there is no chance McBurnie will get picked up by a Leicester, Leeds or Southampton/Ipswich. However Jebbo is only 20 - so would be more likely to be given a chance (does not need to be in the 25 man squad)

According to Alan Nixon, both McBurnie and Jebbison have failed to agree new contracts and are apparently hoping to get a fresh start elsewhere, with both hoping a Premier League move comes along.

Jebbison hasn’t featured all season with a mystery injury. The young striker burst onto the scene as a 17 year old in the Premier League under Chris Wilder’s first period in charge. However, he’s failed to kick on since then and has been side-lined all season.

players come and players go, under Warnock we had a revolving door approach
after the loan players have gone theres a minibus full of out of contract players looking for pastues new

mc b is one of those Marmite players, loved and loathed in equal measure

might need to start training early June so all the new faces can get aquainted

Love the optimism that we'll have a host of new faces in by June.

I dont want either to stay if I'm honest, I just wanted to get some money for them.

Let's see what happens in the summer, but if we start with that forward line up, I will gladly have a bet with you for charity at which end of the table that we will be competing at!

If that is the case, and dependent on squad changes elsewhere on the park, I would gladly negotiate something fair with you on that

I was hoping we'd keep Jebbo and Osula long enough that they might form a partnership and grow together.

Not to be by the looks of it.

In general I think our Academy does really well but it's frustrating that the stars don't align enough to see some of these lads properly establish themselves with us for a while.

Always feels like the timings are wrong based on our position and their ability.

Hopefully Brooksy and Arbie buck that trend next season and beyond.

Perhaps having a player unavailable all season with no explanation could add to the frustration of fans?

Real shame on Jebbo. What’s the point of an Academy if we lose our graduates for nothing?
We won't lose him for nothing though, pretty sure free transfers on players as young as he is still warrant compensation.

Btw Benie is on the bench again.

It's a option to buy for them isn't it 🤮

He started every game up until a formation change. He plays a part in just about every game and from what I’ve heard has done quite well.

Personally I hope they don’t opt to sign him, he comes back to us for next season, and is actually given a chance the second time around.

I honestly think this is a blessing in disguise. We need better than both and without them deciding to walk, we would have probably signed them both.

Jebbo will he snapped up by a lower prem team. As people have said he won't be part of their 25 squad list and will be a small financial gamble of say 20k a week that could pay back in the 10s of millions if he comes good

Jebbo may end up at Brentford/Bournemouth/Palace…where they can afford to pay him a lower premier league salary and see how he goes.
He’s a big lad, fairly quick so has the physical attributes to be a handful….just not seen much of a football brain in him, or the ability on the ball to drop into a team culture where they value possession.

Low risk- Though I personally think he’s going to the championship elsewhere and at best on loan from whoever he gets in the premier league.

Back
Top Bottom