McBurnie - Accused of stomping on a Forest fan

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

What's with wanting Viera charged? It won't help McBurnie. Him and McBurnie need patting on the back for looking after themselves in those particular circumstances. In a previous job, albeit 20 odd years ago, we had the police come into our workplace and tell us that if we ever felt in fear of violence from a member of the public we were within our rights to land the first blow and the courts would back you. What's changed?
Where have I said I want Viera charged/arrested?
My point is if Viera isn’t charged or arrested why has McB been arrested ?

Where have I said I want Viera charged/arrested?
My point is if Viera isn’t charged or arrested why has McB been arrested ?
Yeah, I think we're singing from the same hymn sheet but I thought you were making out it would help McBurnie in some way if Viera was arrested.

What's with wanting Viera charged? It won't help McBurnie. Him and McBurnie need patting on the back for looking after themselves in those particular circumstances. In a previous job, albeit 20 odd years ago, we had the police come into our workplace and tell us that if we ever felt in fear of violence from a member of the public we were within our rights to land the first blow and the courts would back you. What's changed?
…….. social media arrived.

It will soon be dropped once no further action is taken against Vieira or the Port Vale players.

I dont think Keith Lard has done himself any favours by selling his story to the scum either and lets be honest I dont think he’s that arsed about a conviction either. Just wants his 15 minutes of fame and a new dog chew which he’ll be able to get now with that extra few quid from the paper.
He might live to regret his 15 minutes of fame.

Depends on whether McBurnie did stamp on the fan on the ground but if he did there's a significant difference between that and Vieira reacting to extreme provocation in the way he did.
Also be nice if McBurnie was occasionally in the news for scoring the odd goal instead of just about any and everything else.

Depends on whether McBurnie did stamp on the fan on the ground but if he did there's a significant difference between that and Vieira reacting to extreme provocation in the way he did.
Also be nice if McBurnie was occasionally in the news for scoring the odd goal instead of just about any and everything else.
Give over. I've been his biggest critic but in this particular case he gets my full backing whether he kicked him or not.

Give over. I've been his biggest critic but in this particular case he gets my full backing whether he kicked him or not.
Vieira swung at and kicked someone who had clearly asked for it.
The Forest fans very likely also provoked our players but there's a big difference between reacting and then going further and stamping on someone who's already on the ground - if that is what happened.
You need to give your head a wobble if you fully back that.

Reactions: sjl
Are you saying the United players was not provoked in any way ?

The Forest fans very likely also provoked our players but there's a big difference between reacting and then going further and stamping on someone who's already on the ground - if that is what happened.
He clearly asked for it your honour. See how that stands up in court. Wobbling my head here boss, wobbling my head here.

The lad shouldn’t be on the pitch and shouldn’t be near our players and he shouldn’t have been In Bogle’s face!

The only significant difference between the two cases from the visible evidence shown to date is that Viera clearly assaults the fan with a kick. Someone asking for it does not justify the action in law. Mcb is involved in a melee that results in a fan falling to the floor. The grainy video does not corroborate a kick or stamp occurring. There is a statement from an alleged victim that Mcb stamped on him in the Sun newspaper.

There was extreme provocation in both instances fans had carried out criminal acts in invading the pitch. Managers and players were physically and verbally assaulted.

The video is inconclusive but if the witness has made a statement to the police they have to investigate. If all these toe rags had been on the pitch just celebrating they were still in breach of ground rules but goading/provoking opposition players is something else. It means they should be banned by the club at least. I think most of us would say that in those extreme circumstances we would have been frightened for our own safety, especially after seeing what had happened to Billy. That doesn't mean anyone has a right to stamp on someone but the video isn't conclusive and wouldn't be much good as evidence of an assault.

Just stop fans coming onto the pitch , I've got a good idea , why don't we put fences up stopping fans from coming on .............oh wait !!

It will always be a problem as fans cant not behave . history is littered with incidents , walls collapsing , players getting attacked, deaths, injury's.

Big matches like that where there will be a pitch invasion both teams need 10 stewards to each dugout to keep the bench safe, and a proper copper or two wouldn't go a miss may be with a dog there ....simples !

2022 and they still cant organize a piss up in a brewery.
Just announce over t' tannoy prematch that any supporter encroaching on to the playing area will be shot.

The lad shouldn’t be on the pitch and shouldn’t be near our players and he shouldn’t have been In Bogle’s face!
Of course he shouldn't.
But once somebody's been put on the ground if you then go further and stamp on them you're in completely different territory.
If Vieira had knocked that fan to the ground and then gone on to stamp on him when he was down you'd have seen a completely different reaction today.
The rider to all this is we don't know if McBurnie did actually stamp on him.

The only significant difference between the two cases from the visible evidence shown to date is that Viera clearly assaults the fan with a kick. Someone asking for it does not justify the action in law. Mcb is involved in a melee that results in a fan falling to the floor. The grainy video does not corroborate a kick or stamp occurring. There is a statement from an alleged victim that Mcb stamped on him in the Sun newspaper.

There was extreme provocation in both instances fans had carried out criminal acts in invading the pitch. Managers and players were physically and verbally assaulted.
I've already said several times 'if' McBurnie stamped on someone.
But if he did I'm surprised some folk seem to think it's ok to stamp on someone on the ground.
If someone severely provoked me and I reacted and knocked them down I'd feel justified and I suspect most people would understand it.
If I then went on to stamp on that person while they were on the ground I'd recognise I'd done something much worse.
Suspect the law would view the two things differently as well.

Hope this fool is at the very least prevented from attending Wembley by Forest, having admitted to being on the pitch.

I've already said several times 'if' McBurnie stamped on someone.
But if he did I'm surprised some folk seem to think it's ok to stamp on someone on the ground.
If someone severely provoked me and I reacted and knocked them down I'd feel justified and I suspect most people would understand it.
If I then went on to stamp on that person while they were on the ground I'd recognise I'd done something much worse.
Suspect the law would view the two things differently as well.

Have you even watched the video?

Or are you performing your usual attention seeking trolling routine?

You seem to be suggesting that’s exactly what happened. I bet you’d be a great juror. Foreman no doubt.

This has gone nuts now. Hundreds of people (unknown but traceable) on film breaking one or multiple laws. And a handful of (easily traced) footballers on film being goaded into a fracas not of their making.

Which is easier to tackle? 🙄
McBurnie is easier to tackle. Opposition defenders have proven this beyond doubt in 3 years of matches.

TBF I think there is a difference in terms of provocation, Vieira wasn’t IMO pushed into something as clearly Mcburnie was

Vieira was more of a Friday night in town I ain’t taking that shit from you IMO

The resonsibility for all this lies with NFFC. They have compleatly failed in their resposbility to protect the safety of the players and th EFL / FA should be throwing the book at them. We all Know this will not happen off course and at worst they will get a noninal fine and a warning. Not just Forest off course but other grounds as well and the authorities should make examples of the clubs concerned as a warning to otheres in future.

Back
Top Bottom