Marcus Rashford

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

IMHO, the British government is pursuing some batty policies with relation to Covid. To the extent that these policies have negative effects on people, the government has a responsibility to ameliorate those effects. This isn’t a question so much of feckless parents, but of people suffering from a government suffocating the economy because it has no clear Covid strategy.

As you were.

I thought political discussions were verboten on here these days?

Who shut the coal mines?
For someone who was around at the time like me, it was neither tories or labour, both brought it on, but, it was undoubtedly the ego hungry union leadership that killed the great nationalised industries. They were stuggling at the time but their death knell was the unions looking after their own political aims and not the well being of their members and their families. Hated Scargill as much as Thatcher.

It doesn’t matter what political party you choose to support and whose ideals match your own political compass.

I think we can all strongly agree that what Marcus Rashford has done this year is nothing short of remarkable.

I’m catching up on it all now, and since the government chose not to vote to extend free school meals during the school holidays, there will be millions of school children who may have gone hungry during the half term break, who will now being fed thanks to the generosity of others, and the selfless work of a professional footballer who came from humble beginnings himself and wanted to give society back.

Today has helped restore my faith in humanity

I think these issues are never as simple and straightforward as they seem. It’s easy to jump on the bandwagon and say free meals for kids is a good thing. But the problem for me is the government is handing out money left, right and centre so shouldn’t just bow down to celebrity pressure and need to be careful with how public money is spent.

Isn’t this why we have universal credit and child benefits? To give parents enough money to be able to provide the essentials their children need? If that’s not the case then that should be reviewed, surely we don’t need another system so we can ensure parents feed their children?

Shropshire county council have this week given a grant to their local fox hunt to cover overheads while in shut down.

The problem is that single teen girls who want a council house and some money get them selves pregnant and then expect society to pay for them , i know of one girl who has never worked , never given anything to society , and has 4 kids , never married , 2 different fathers , and the kids are fed , housed , schooled by the state , all on benefits . Like Michael Jackson once sung , If you cant feed the baby then don't a have the baby !

well we can't do without our fox hunt can we even if it is illegal.

I think these issues are never as simple and straightforward as they seem. It’s easy to jump on the bandwagon and say free meals for kids is a good thing. But the problem for me is the government is handing out money left, right and centre so shouldn’t just bow down to celebrity pressure and need to be careful with how public money is spent.

Isn’t this why we have universal credit and child benefits? To give parents enough money to be able to provide the essentials their children need? If that’s not the case then that should be reviewed, surely we don’t need another system so we can ensure parents feed their children?

Too many words, that's not acceptable at all.

Children not eating food = bad. Give children food = good.

It doesn’t matter what political party you choose to support and whose ideals match your own political compass.

I think we can all strongly agree that what Marcus Rashford has done this year is nothing short of remarkable.

I’m catching up on it all now, and since the government chose not to vote to extend free school meals during the school holidays, there will be millions of school children who may have gone hungry during the half term break, who will now being fed thanks to the generosity of others, and the selfless work of a professional footballer who came from humble beginnings himself and wanted to give society back.

Today has helped restore my faith in humanity
Well said .

Mate they chucked loads of taxpayers money about so nouveau riche twats like me could “Eat Out to Help Out” on the cheap, yet they need to watch the pennies when giving hungry, poor kids some snap.

Gi or na.

Back
Top Bottom