CONFIRMED Lys Mousset

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Why not, the lad has pace which we badly need as an alternative

Not in my top 5 choices but barring kidnapping mopey or McBurnie if they don’t want to come or we are priced out we have to do something

And we won’t get many almost guaranteed to succeed in prem for less than 20 million IMO, at least none you can hang your hat on that would stay fit for half the season

The fee is meaningless to me.

Sounds like he's got that pace we need and is a big strong lad. Bear in mind he's either replacing Madine or Clarke depending on how you look at it

Many young strikers have poor goalscoring records early in their career

A young lad with pace and energy. Who knows why it hasnt really worked for him at Bournemouth but Wilder will have scouted him diligently so must see a prospect.
We also have 3 goal scorers in the team in Billy, McG and Robinson. I expect Freeman, Duffy and Morrison to chip in occasionally too. if we can reel in McBurnie then I think we have a good forward line and will get goals.

A young lad with pace and energy. Who knows why it hasnt really worked for him at Bournemouth but Wilder will have scouted him diligently so must see a prospect.
We also have 3 goal scorers in the team in Billy, McG and Robinson. I expect Freeman, Duffy and Morrison to chip in occasionally too. if we can reel in McBurnie then I think we have a good forward line and will get goals.
I don't think you can class McGoldrick or Robinson as goalscorers, Sharp is our only goalscorer really. Makes the need for McBurnie all the more pressing if you ask me.

French U/21 player.
Not sure if anyone else has noticed, but the current world champions have some decent players at all age levels!
One of them, some fans are creaming their pants at the thought of signing based on one good season in the championship, for up to £20m!
Another, having only played in the premier league over a similar period, mostly as sub, and is by all accounts very quick and talented...but maybe became a little disillusioned with his lack of game time and is desperate for a move!

I will put this out there....
1. Mousset in the championship could well score a hatful in a similar way that Maupay has just done.
2. Maupay has never played at this level, and may also find himself struggling to score much like Mousset has! let’s be right, we won’t be creating the number of chances next season as we have the last three!
3. United had some good close looks at a lot of the Bournemouth squad last pre season, perhaps this lad was identified then by our management team as one to watch.
4. At HALF the cost of Maupay, we could be getting as good a player, leaving more money to push the boat further on another striker, be that McBurnie or someone else.

So, as it stands I’m a little “half full” at the moment. I was never that excited about Maupay...perhaps more excited that my team were looking to pay fees like a real premier league team when I realistically never for one minute expected us to.

So folks, just remember who the manager is, what he’s achieved for us, and certain players like McGoldrick, Coutts, O’Connell, Fleck and Sharp....when many outsiders and our own fans were content they were going to fail!

Here endeth today’s lesson and therapy...you’re welcome

Seem to remember reading about Wilder going after him previously. So he'll be another one who we've been looking at a while.

His goal record is deceiving to be fair. The 58 appearances is less than 1,200 minutes which averages at 20 minutes a game. I don't think you can judge anyone based on that return.
Far too sensible ,get some negativity in there.
Remember that useless shit we signed from Doncaster for 30k before slasher forums were invented? Good job really.

Don't knock it, it's very handy for building up the 'ignore' list - especially when you combine it with a pre-season defeat to Burton.
Coops, how do you compile an ignore list? in fact am I on yours?

If we're willing to spend this amount on him I'm surprised we haven't gone for Jack Marriott.

Aint no way we'd get Marriott for 10m!

He'd be considered in the same bracket as Maupay and McBurnie.

South I havent seen him play once...but it sticks in the throat a bit that Bournemouth paid us 11m for the best player Ive seen in a Blades shirt since Tony Currie and we might be paying 1m less for someone I've never heard of.However in Wilder we trust as he hasnt made many errors in the market.

Or looking through a different lens, Brooks played a grand total of 30 times for Utd in the second tier. On the strength of that, to say he's a better player than Deane, Brown, Jagielka is of course subjective but certainly not something I'd agree with.

If you're using the initial fee that Utd received for Brooks for as a benchmark for how much Utd should pay for signings, I'm not sure whether many potential targets will stack up. Perhaps a better comparison is how much Leeds received for Clarke this year - both are not dissimilar attacking players unproven in the Prem but with a lot of potential.

I've not seen Mousset play live either and if neither Maupay nor McBurnie (or another proven scorer) join, I would be of the opinion that Utd won't have enough goals in them next season. However, CW has certainly done enough to earn everyone's trust. He is a player that's has been mentioned for some time now and he should certainly be given a chance should he indeed arrive before people write him off.

Last edited:
I don't think you can class McGoldrick or Robinson as goalscorers, Sharp is our only goalscorer really. Makes the need for McBurnie all the more pressing if you ask me.

Yes we definitely need McBurnie. Regarding Robinson,.the general consensus is that had he not been injured last season he'd have hit circa 20 goals. All ifs and buts for sure, so time wi tell. McG did well.last season and has done so in other seasons so.again we'll see.

'Mercurial' is the perfect word for this kid. He's got a lot of talent, but hasn't really worked out how to nit it all together yet. He's a tremendous natural athlete but hasn't really worked out how to best utilise his physique. He seems a bit moody and to have a questionable attitude, which might not have helped matters; but admittedly that's just my own conjecture from the bits I've seen of him. I saw him play quite a bit for the French youth teams and thought he'd become something truly special. He reminds me of a young Baloteli: all the talent in the world, but will he fulfill it?
This seems like a gamble we didn't have to take with safer options out there. I'd love to know how the financial package compares to, say, signing Marriott.

4. At HALF the cost of Maupay, we could be getting as good a player, leaving more money to push the boat further on another striker, be that McBurnie or someone else.

So, as it stands I’m a little “half full” at the moment. I was never that excited about Maupay...perhaps more excited that my team were looking to pay fees like a real premier league team when I realistically never for one minute expected us

I was excited about buying Maupay and/ or McBurnie but not at stupid 20 million prices.
Last year they were worth 10 million but now the market has gone crazy then I believe 15 million is a fair price.

Let’s not forget that the best Championship strikers often struggle in the PL.
They are big risks, so normally prices are much lower when buying a player from the Championship.

Both Swansea and Brentford are playing a game.
If McBurnie and Maupay have average seasons next year. Then their value will drop to 10 million in the January transfer window.

Back
Top Bottom