2022/2023 Match Thread Luton Town v. Sheffield United - 26th August 2022

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

LUT
LUT
LUT

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1661521488298.pngvs. 1661521512639.gif

Championship Week 6 - Friday 26th August 2022 - 20:00 - Kenilworth Road
Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/match-day/match/luton-town-vs-sheffield-united.610/

Officials:

Referee: David Webb
Assistant Referee: Ian Cooper
Assistant Referee: Graham Kane
Fourth Official: Andy Woolmer

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter: https://twitter.com/s24su

Need a VPN? - https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/vpn-usage.87094/

1661521796924.png

📺
Live TV Coverage:

SUTV Live - https://live.sufc.co.uk/

7C7D0B57-290E-4B8C-9FA3-94EC02F64705.jpeg

I don't know why people are over-reacting to the team news - it's obviously due to knocks and niggles etc. Still a team that should win this game.

Three youngsters on the bench plus Doyle who only 19 and as yet untried - strange selection but in Heck'y I trust

surprised we're not unchanged but bashams a very nice change to have. but if the players arent brimmed with confidence after last week. they never will be. even mcburnie could have had a hatful.

you expect to have 3 pts tonight

Yeah that explains Osula in over Khadra doesn't it
He picked up a knock in the last game so he's resting him as we have another game Tuesday. Its not that difficult or even surprising. It's managing your squad to give yourself the best chance over the course of a season

Hope he doesn't play Berge deep + McAtee forward , hope it's the other way around.....
Or not a flat 3 anyway

from earlier in the week:

"“Flecky, Iliman and Anel, impact injuries. Expecting them all to be fine. Bash and Tommy back fit. Enda and Ciaran have been on the grass today, but won’t be ready for Friday. Bogez progressing well. Ozzy, we’ll be led by his symptoms” Hecky’s squad update."

from earlier in the week:

"“Flecky, Iliman and Anel, impact injuries. Expecting them all to be fine. Bash and Tommy back fit. Enda and Ciaran have been on the grass today, but won’t be ready for Friday. Bogez progressing well. Ozzy, we’ll be led by his symptoms” Hecky’s squad update."
No mention of Khadra, wonder what's happening to him

He picked up a knock in the last game so he's resting him as we have another game Tuesday. Its not that difficult or even surprising. It's managing your squad to give yourself the best chance over the course of a season
Is Reading on Tuesday or W*nesday next week ? I thought W ?

I'll watch enthusiastically for 10 minutes, but if we start on the back foot, use slow sideways, backwards aimless passing that's going nowhere, I'll switch it off.
I don't want to fall asleep to early or I won't sleep tonight.

I understand the keep it tight, kill the game, quieten the home crowd stuff, but a slow starting United can rarely flick a switch and change it up, if we don't have a go and at least try to win, we won't get the draw we're looking for.

I'll watch enthusiastically for 10 minutes, but if we start on the back foot, use slow sideways, backwards aimless passing that's going nowhere, I'll switch it off.
I don't want to fall asleep to early or I won't sleep tonight.

I understand the keep it tight, kill the game, quieten the home crowd stuff, but a slow starting United can rarely flick a switch and change it up, if we don't have a go and at least try to win, we won't get the draw we're looking for.
🤣 talk about giving up early. We got battered first half vs qpr last season and played negatively. We won that game after half time.

🤣 talk about giving up early. We got battered first half vs qpr last season and played negatively. We won that game after half time.
Yes we did 🤣🤣🤣
But it rarely happens, but if we start slow there's a fairly good chance we'll bore the entire nation to sleep, including me.

We all know with United, they can never pinch anything, they'll either go all out to win, or they'll lose
They might lose if they go all out as well, but I'd rather that than wonder why we lost 1-0 and produced absolutely nothing

Sad for Kad. .

Fleck, Ndiaye and Anel were mentioned as taking knocks against Blackburn.

So assume Khadra just completely left out for this one.

Let's hope Fleck's fractured leg is not a serious fracture. Strange that earlier Hecky said the impact injuries to the three players all were expected to be fine. His injury can't be too bad they should have detected a fracture fairly quickly.

Back
Top Bottom